Economy

Featured Posts

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shaney
3 minutes ago, ronnix said:

Gaga is this you? :udidnt:

LG6 tomorrow next single Dancin' in Circles and video featuring Christian. ARTPOP Act II Apple Music Exclusive 2nite. You're welcome fats.

41 minutes ago, Bae said:

LG6 tomorrow next single Dancin' in Circles and video featuring Christian. ARTPOP Act II Apple Music Exclusive 2nite. You're welcome fats.

At first you said "LG6 tomorrow next single Perfect Illusion re-release" so what's the truth? Im not here for another DWUW/Venus 3.0:oprah:

MJHolland

I totally get what you mean. 

I feel like Ariana was maybe the last elite made in pop culture. Everyone thought Megan trainer was the last one but then she faded so no more I guess. 

But also, it is way too early to say that about the Weeknd :awkney:

The Child
2 hours ago, Bae said:

Hey I can sing but I dance like Lorde

Then you can sure make it as long as you're beautiful. This industry is all about looks.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

PeachJug
On 3/15/2017 at 10:59 PM, Economy said:

Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Adele, Justin Bieber, Drake, The Weeknd

pls never put Katy Perry before Lady Gaga again

idk why im so hurt

SpadesToStart

Honestly y'all are throwing statistics around about sales and charts and tours, but it doesn't matter.  None of the artists who have emerged in this decade are ICONS.  Taylor, Bieber, Adele, Rihanna, Gaga, Beyonce, Katy EVERYONE can knows at least 3 songs from these artists and recognizes their look.  That's simply not the case with the Weeknd, Ariana, etc.

Economy
23 hours ago, sipthistea said:

'Cause they are not artists, they are products designed by Nickelodeon and Disney. They are molded by their labels and they often work with the same producers. 

I'm not saying they are not talented. But they are people who are manipulated to make hits and make many people rich. 

Hide contents

btw. JB and Drake are NOT ellite :reductive:

JB and Drake are most definitely ellites

Over 99.9% of people in industry would only dream of being that big

the vast majority are underground people who never make it into charts...

a small percentage of those make a moderate hit at some point in their life or they gain local popularity in their home town

An even smaller percentage become semi-famous as in some people know them but they arent really talked about by general media

A smaller percentage even go to have 1 or 2 decent or smash hits and become known to everyone

An even tinier percentage of those that gained fame and popularity manage to keep it for more than 2 or 3 years

JB and Drake are definitely amond the Elites of the Industry. Anyone that lasts longer than 3 years and still has success is definitely a rare Ellite in the industry

Shaney
3 hours ago, ronnix said:

At first you said "LG6 tomorrow next single Perfect Illusion re-release" so what's the truth? Im not here for another DWUW/Venus 3.0:oprah:

I switched singles last minute. now it's john wayne.

StrawberryBlond
17 minutes ago, Economy said:

JB and Drake are definitely amond the Elites of the Industry. Anyone that lasts longer than 3 years and still has success is definitely a rare Ellite in the industry

I don't know of anyone who isn't an urban music fan who knows about Drake. He's an artist that only appeals to fans of his genre. If I didn't make a point of listening to all albums, I'd barely know any of his songs. Plus, it's possible to be big in the US but not be a big deal internationally. Just like how some foreign artists got a big international hit and then disappeared but continued to have success in their own country. Drake is a strange one. Outside of the urban genre, no one seems to know or care about him. My parents don't know the names of anyone around right now. The last name they've taken in is maybe Miley. That's about it. That's partly because most of those big acts weirdly don't promote in the UK anymore. Beyonce thinks she's been too good for us post-Glastonbury 2011. The only time I've seen Drake perform here was at last year's BRITS with Rihanna. That's it. Most American acts are like that now. Their fans will know of them and people who follow charts. But everyone else? In the words of Mariah: "I don't know her."

Helxig

It's rare, but they eventually pop up. We just never know who as an artist and performer has longevity, until they prove it to us. I think Beyonce and Gaga will last forever like Madonna and Cher have. Rihanna may too. From the past few years I think Ariana has the potential to linger for quite some time (much like Mariah Carey has :lolga:)

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

androiduser

but if we're talking about new/recent artists, how can we say that they don't last, if they're new? They haven't yet had the chance to last if they're new.

And so many star from the last 10 years or so ARE lasting, so I don't really understand this topic.

Besides, there were plenty of non-lasting stars in the past, but you don't even remember them precisely because they didn't last :toofunny:

Mikey Monster

God imagine when we're all older and our kids ask us about Gaga and Beyoncé and Rihanna and other artists of today. I'm gonna tell them SO many stories!!!❤️:hor::diane:

Mikey McCampbell

JusticeforVenus
On 15/3/2017 at 6:06 PM, Heterophobia said:

You forgot CupcakKe 

giphy.gif

Omg, who is SHE???

After that gif, I feel so alive...love heeer 

Andrew2512
On 16/03/2017 at 1:23 AM, LG said:

Trilogy has sold 1m+ copies worldwide

Kiss Land sold ~700k+

Beauty Behind the Madness ~4mil