💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

GagaRunTheWorld

I can try to work them out for the UK but will have to do some new maths. I can't for Japan because the itunes numbers are apparently only a fraction of the real sales.

For the US, for tracks below the itunes top 100, I use the itunes positions taken from http://livepopbars.com/lpb1024.php and use the fudge to fit formula PB = X * (100/N) * ((N-100)/900 +1) where PB is the estimated size of the pop bar; N is the postion of the song of interest, X is the pop bar value of the song of position #100 from www.kworb.net/pop. . So TEOG is at #367 = N, and X is currently 0.0679, so the formula gives a pop bar for TEOG of 0.024. Since the #1 song is selling about 300K/week, so TEOG is selling 300K * 0.024 = 7.2K per week perhaps. The formula usually works well for itunes positions beyond about #50.

oh you clever one :fan: anyway update UK too when you can i am your updates fan! :worship: thank you for formula i will try to colculate but i am not friend with maths :eww:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

jhonyguy04

I can try to work them out for the UK but will have to do some new maths. I can't for Japan because the itunes numbers are apparently only a fraction of the real sales.

For the US, for tracks below the itunes top 100, I use the itunes positions taken from http://livepopbars.com/lpb1024.php and use the fudge to fit formula PB = X * (100/N) * ((N-100)/900 +1) where PB is the estimated size of the pop bar; N is the postion of the song of interest, X is the pop bar value of the song of position #100 from www.kworb.net/pop. . So TEOG is at #367 = N, and X is currently 0.0679, so the formula gives a pop bar for TEOG of 0.024. Since the #1 song is selling about 300K/week, so TEOG is selling 300K * 0.024 = 7.2K per week perhaps. The formula usually works well for itunes positions beyond about #50.

wow smart.

Valentino

Is this the Mmm..Interesting gif 2.0? :laughga:

Could be. :hor:

7. Where Have You Been - Rihanna

June 15, 2012 12:31 PM

Where Have You Been by Rihanna from the album Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)

Arturo

Magoo is legend. Deal :nails:

Anyway, I'm surprised Starships is still #6 on BB Radio really does hold it up because it's digital sales have plummeted

Valentino

Magoo is legend. Deal :nails:

Anyway, I'm surprised Starships is still #6 on BB Radio really does hold it up because it's digital sales have plummeted

This! I appreciate him so much! :flutter:

US album sales: Watch The Throne, Jay-Z & @KanyeWest 1,445,268 | @Beyonce "4" 1,221,015.

MarryTheKnight

Yes, did you know PF came out in 2010... it's now 2012. I think she focused.

I really don't care what you think. For a female rapper her WW sales are great.

1319523759281.jpg

lordt rapper?

Arturo

This! I appreciate him so much! :flutter:

US album sales: Watch The Throne, Jay-Z & @KanyeWest 1,445,268 | @Beyonce "4" 1,221,015.

I see all these albums only going Platinum and it makes me appreciate that BTW is 2x Platinum :cry:

Valentino

I see all these albums only going Platinum and it makes me appreciate that BTW is 2x Platinum :cry:

YASSSSS! Who would've thought an "experimental" album like BTW could ever. :legend:

Arturo

YASSSSS! Who would've thought an "experimental" album like BTW could ever. :legend:

Lady Gaga :laughga:

jhonyguy04

how come mediabase is not being updated. i cant tell what are the radio updates....

I feel like radio is weighted too heavily. There are so many alternative ways to consume music these days. None of my friends listen to traditional radio anymore and when they do it's satellite. I'm too lazy to google. Is satellite factored in at all? Pandora?

I feel like Billboard is massively outdated.

MarryTheKnight

Watch the Throne is an amazing album... It should have sold soo much more

Arturo

Pandora, etc. is factored in.

Really? :eek: i didnt know that.

So that's obviously part of the streaming.

I was talking to my friend yesterday and he brought up something interesting that I'm not sure how I truly feel about.

He said "Piracy is so bad that Billboard should just count illegal downloads for songs to chart"

And I was like :huh: If its get that bad in the future billboard just might resort to that :ohwell:

Edited by Archuro52311