Katy Perry - Caifornia Gurls

Rihanna - Only Girl in the World

Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are

Bruno Mars - Grenade

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem

Fun - We Are Young

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know

Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe

Hm, I see Misses Marchioness Priestess Madam Mistress Viscountess Dame Countess Empress Goddess Duchess Queen Lady Katheryn von Perry de la Hudson del Brand only made the list once during her TD era...

FsQyb.gif

Billboard 200: @OfficialAdele's 21 returns to #1 for a 24th week (75,000 | 9,339,000 total). Only 8 albums have ruled for at least 24 weeks.

Billboard 200: "21" has never left the top 10 in its entire 68-week chart run, dropping only as low as #7 on the Dec. 10, 2011, chart.

Edited by Valentino

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I see Misses Marchioness Priestess Madam Mistress Viscountess Dame Countess Empress Goddess Duchess Queen Lady Katheryn von Perry de la Hudson del Brand only made the list once during her TD era...

FsQyb.gif

IKAG made the list as well

MarryTheKnight

Billboard 200: @OfficialAdele's 21 returns to #1 for a 24th week (75,000 | 9,339,000 total). Only 8 albums have ruled for at least 24 weeks.

Billboard 200: "21" has never left the top 10 in its entire 68-week chart run, dropping only as low as #7 on the Dec. 10, 2011, chart.

tumblr_m46ienNwGn1qmhggvo1_500.gif

We should just drop that loser Gaga and stan for Adele from now on :troll:

Valentino

IKAG made the list as well

But that wasn't during the 'Teenage Dream' era though. :cheerup:

With her Hot 100 coronation, Jepsen is the 1st lead female to top the chart in a debut visit since Ke$ha sent TiK ToK to the top for 9 wks.

Billboard Hot 100: @Rihanna's Where Have You Been pushes 9-8 this week. It bullets again at #9 on Radio Songs (74 million).

7. Where Have You Been - Rihanna

June 13, 2012 12:01 PM

Where Have You Been by Rihanna from the album Talk That Talk (Deluxe Edition)

I remember when I said 'WHYB' wouldn't make it into the top 3, everyone said I was crazy. :coffee:

tumblr_m46ienNwGn1qmhggvo1_500.gif

We should just drop that loser Gaga and stan for Adele from now on :troll:

I did that months ago. :shrug:

Edited by Valentino

But that wasn't during the 'Teenage Dream' era though. :cheerup:

oh my bad, i misread your comment. blame it on those hundreds of surnames for ms perry lol

Edited by Math

MarryTheKnight

oh my bad, i misread your comment. blame it on those hundreds of surnames for ms perry lol

aha I know, I stop reading too

Valentino

059ux.gif

It's only right to address her by her proper title. :awesome:

aha I know, I stop reading too

:dies: I'm sucha troll.

MANiCURE1295

I consider myself to be pretty unbiased and fair and I think its a real dud. I only heard two songs on the album that I would consider single worthy.

Well I guess we'll see what happens. I expect the album to sell good it's first week

WINNER OF THE WEEK: The Beach Boys. Unbelievably, That's Why God Made the Radio is the first Beach Boys album to debut in the Top 10. It sold 61,000 copies and finished at Number Three, behind Adele's resurgent 21 (75,000 copies) and country veteran Alan Jackson's new Thirty Miles West (73,000 copies). How did it happen after 50 years? The obvious answer is that the Boys have always been a singles band – only in the last few decades have their Sixties albums like Pet Sounds and Good Vibrations been remembered as classics. Also, albums-wise, they're slow starters. Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!!) eventually rose to Number Two in 1965, and Endless Summer, a greatest hits collection, went to Number One in 1974.

LOSER OF THE WEEK: Chart consistency. With few exceptions, the weekly iTunes albums chart tends to parallel the Billboard 200 albums chart. This week is a weird outlier, and we have no official explanation. The Beach Boys are nowhere to be found on iTunes' Top 10, while Alan Jackson is down at Number Nine. Neil Young, whose Americana LP sold 44,000 copies and hit Number Four on the Billboard chart, isn't on the iTunes chart either. On the flipside, Big K.R.I.T.'s Live from the Underground is at Number Two on iTunes and Number Five on Billboard (with 41,000 copies sold), while John Mayer's Born and Raised holds at Number One on iTunes but drops to Number Seven overall, selling 39,000 copies for a decrease of 41 percent. More proof that older rockers sell mostly CDs, while young hipsters like Mayer (he was dissed by Taylor Swift, OK?) and K.R.I.T. are big with the YouTube-iTunes crowd.

That's why older artists have little chance to do well with itunes singles, but are dominating albums.

Edited by craig

Oyemiamor

WINNER OF THE WEEK: The Beach Boys. Unbelievably, That's Why God Made the Radio is the first Beach Boys album to debut in the Top 10. It sold 61,000 copies and finished at Number Three, behind Adele's resurgent 21 (75,000 copies) and country veteran Alan Jackson's new Thirty Miles West (73,000 copies). How did it happen after 50 years? The obvious answer is that the Boys have always been a singles band – only in the last few decades have their Sixties albums like Pet Sounds and Good Vibrations been remembered as classics. Also, albums-wise, they're slow starters. Summer Days (And Summer Nights!!!) eventually rose to Number Two in 1965, and Endless Summer, a greatest hits collection, went to Number One in 1974.

LOSER OF THE WEEK: Chart consistency. With few exceptions, the weekly iTunes albums chart tends to parallel the Billboard 200 albums chart. This week is a weird outlier, and we have no official explanation. The Beach Boys are nowhere to be found on iTunes' Top 10, while Alan Jackson is down at Number Nine. Neil Young, whose Americana LP sold 44,000 copies and hit Number Four on the Billboard chart, isn't on the iTunes chart either. On the flipside, Big K.R.I.T.'s Live from the Underground is at Number Two on iTunes and Number Five on Billboard (with 41,000 copies sold), while John Mayer's Born and Raised holds at Number One on iTunes but drops to Number Seven overall, selling 39,000 copies for a decrease of 41 percent. More proof that older rockers sell mostly CDs, while young hipsters like Mayer (he was dissed by Taylor Swift, OK?) and K.R.I.T. are big with the YouTube-iTunes crowd.

That's why older artists have little chance to do well with itunes singles, but are dominating albums.

It makes a lot of sense. Older rockers don't need to try to win over new fans with flashy singles that will make Itunes and their fans are the album/tape/cd buying crowd from yesteryear (not single buyers). I personally rather have a physical album from the Beach Boys, Neil Young or Joe Walsh. It brings nostalgia :)

Americano

I remember when I said 'WHYB' wouldn't make it into the top 3, everyone said I was crazy. :coffee:

You keep changing your argument on this single on a daily basis.

You said it wouldn't go #1, and almost everyone here agreed with you actually. But we all also said it would be a Top 10 hit, which it is.

Valentino

You keep changing your argument on this single on a daily basis.

You said it wouldn't go #1, and almost everyone here agreed with you actually. But we all also said it would be a Top 10 hit, which it is.

NoNo, ya'll said it would SMASH! :awesome:

And come on Bry, you must know me better than that by now. :troll:

Americano

We all said it'd go Top 10 and be a big radio hit, both of which are true. So, we were all correct contrary to what you're saying. :)

I actually remember explicitly saying it would be difficult to go #1 or anything because it's the fifth single, but that it'd still find success. Sooooo.

:nails:

Edited by Americano

saltface

Your trolling makes my day lmao