💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Part 3)

Americano

Featured Posts

Why does everyone think KP is using Payola? Is it that hard to accept that she's radio's "it" girl?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Valentino

• Klou

Top Posters In This Topic

Valentino

I think that Bieber's album will probably have pretty good first week sales. With all of those features and the success of BF it seems that his opening week sales will depend on his fans. And his fans are pretty dedicated. Always have been in the past.

I also believe that the success of BF is overshadowing DIYA

True, and it makes you wonder why 'DIYA' isn't doing as well as 'Boyfriend' saleswise. The general public may not be aware that 'DIYA' is out, but his stans sure do; the same stans that bought 'Boyfriend'.

True, and it makes you wonder why 'DIYA' isn't doing as well as 'Boyfriend' saleswise. The general public may not be aware that 'DIYA' is out, but his stans sure do; the same stans that bought 'Boyfriend'.

It doesn't seem to have a radio deal.

We've seen 2nd singles struggle for Rihanna and Gaga too.

It's less JT sounding, maybe less appealing.

boysboysboys

I think DIYA was released to compensate for Boyfriend not outselling Gotye + dropping down considerably afterwards. After DIYA underperformed, his exposure was noticeably increased.

When was his tour announced?

Valentino

It doesn't seem to have a radio deal.

We've seen 2nd singles struggle for Rihanna and Gaga too.

It's less JT sounding, maybe less appealing.

That's true, but even 'Judas' debuted top 10. I'm not sure where 'DIYA' is to debut. I just figured his stans would've had his back on this one like they did 'Boyfriend', which shot to #1 on iTunes right away.

In other news, Mo†herKack's new album is called 'Kack City'!

boysboysboys

Why does everyone think KP is using Payola?

Is it that hard to accept that she's radio's "it" girl?

It's hard to imagine the song getting the kind of updates it has. I'm not sure, but probably even TOTGA got lesser updates.

Yes, it's hard to get by knowing that US radio has not failed Katy.

boysboysboys

That's true, but even 'Judas' debuted top 10. I'm not sure where 'DIYA' is to debut. I just figured his stans would've had his back on this one like they did 'Boyfriend', which shot to #1 on iTunes right away.

I'm sure his label is aware now that his selling power, as well as the stamina/number of his fans, is slowly diminishing. Not to say that he can't sell anymore (he sold out his WW concert in a matter of two hours, according to Def Jam), but you do get that, looking at his standing and people's opinions.

Valentino

I'm sure his label is aware now that his selling power, as well as the stamina/number of his fans, is slowly diminishing. Not to say that he can't sell anymore (he sold out his WW concert in a matter of two hours, according to Def Jam), but you do get that, looking at his standing and people's opinions.

We all know how this is gonna end, and it's unfortunate to a certain degree; he is very talented. I just wish he wasn't so conceited.

boysboysboys

We all know how this is gonna end, and it's unfortunate to a certain degree; he is very talented. I just wish he wasn't so conceited.

:eek: Okay...

Anyway, they'll work this out. Conceit is a driving force and it's not like Def Jam hasn't fought tooth-and-talon and crossed the line in the past.

Valentino

Anyway, they'll work this out. Conceit is a driving force and it's not like Def Jam hasn't fought tooth-and-talon and crossed the line in the past.

Oh yes, he can sing, dance, play drums and writes his own songs (I think) :sweat:. He's more talented than most of his peers tbh. lol I'm not a fan; just giving credit where it's due. :)

Edited by Valentino

boysboysboys

Oh yes, he cansing, dance, play drums and writes his own songs (I think) :sweat:. He's more talented than most of his peers tbh. lol I'm not a fan; just giving credit where it's due. :)

Edited by boysboysboys

MANiCURE1295

No one can doubt that bf's first week sales weren't just stans. Lots of the general public bought bf because it was so exposed to them. It's far catchier and better production. The general public cares nothing about this song. I don't think they even know about it tbh. That and it's a Michael Jackson wanna be song.

Ozzy8923

JB is a talented boy, yes. He can sing live well enough (to some degree), his dancing is quite atrocious, tbh, but he is energetic on stage and that really adds to his performances more than anything else, he does write a considerable amount of his own songs, but still lacks originality nonetheless and has yet to find his OWN sound. He can play several instruments, but rarely includes them in live/televised performances so it really is no use to him. Once again, I feel like he needs to improve his dancing and has to develop his OWN style and music.

His fashion for his tours/performances is nothing special and he NEEDS to work on that. I mean look at Gaga and Britney, they are 2 artists with a definitive/diverse style that can be easily recognized by the general public. Justin doesn't.

His music seems to be too "inspired" by other artists to make it stand out on its own.

Boyfriend.... Justin Timberlake style.

DIYA... Direct and quite obvious MJ inspired track. But so similar to MJ's past songs that is does not stand out AT ALL and JB doesn't make it his own. Sounds like a cover song.

All Around the World... Typical/Generic dance track that doesn't stand out from what's being played on the radio.

Once again, I use Gaga and Britney as an example. You KNOW when a song is a Gaga and Britney song, they have distinctive voices and there music can stand out from the rest of what is being played on the radio (Except for perhaps TTWE from FF, sounds like a Kesha song, but I still love it).

If he doesn't change some things, his career will suffer.

Americano

JB isnt talented, hes a spoiled brat.

I laughed at Valentino when he thought that single would be a hit, and I'm still laughing now. :lolgaga:

Ozzy8923

JB isnt talented, hes a spoiled brat.

I laughed at Valentino when he thought that single would be a hit, and I'm still laughing now. :lolgaga:

That's rude. I mean I can see why you think he's a spoiled brat but the boy has a nice voice at least (in the right context of course, there are times where he sounds like a screeching hyena but at least he can hit the high notes and never sounds as flat and nasally as..... per say Rihanna - she's horrid when it comes to that).