Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga's voice on Perfect Illusion: good or bad?

Panchecco

Featured Posts

Sister

It suits the song, but let's be honest, with Gaga's vocal range in this song in particular, it makes it very hard or at least a struggle to sing along to.

I love it though. It's very magnetic and alive.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IcePrincess
19 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

- Gaga is not as good as Ariana, Jessie J and Tori Kelly with high notes/belting and Gaga with PI might have tried to do "what these other pop ladies are doing"

Gaga is much better technically with high notes but she has narrower range. Her support, resonance and articulation destroy Ariana/Jessie J

Yuuri

I personally think her voice is suppose to sound out of control. The song is about having the time of her life and letting everything out. Plus if he wants to talk about technique then don't bring up Grande. The girl can't even enunciate.

Matangi

sia is the master of higher pitched belting, gaga does get a bit awkward tonally in when too high pitch.

TropicOfCANCER

Even though i dont mind PI as an album track, I SERIOUSLY wish it hadn't been the first single. such a bad choice.

djBuffoon

On record, it sounds amazing. Well-supported, open, dramatic, and gripping.

But considering what we've heard from live performances so far... I hope she either lowers the key for the tour, or puts herself through some additional vocal lessons to keep her larynx low. Otherwise, she will blow out her voice quickly.

Panchecco
7 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

On record, it sounds amazing. Well-supported, open, dramatic, and gripping.

But considering what we've heard from live performances so far... I hope she either lowers the key for the tour, or puts herself through some additional vocal lessons to keep her larynx low. Otherwise, she will blow out her voice quickly.

maybe she doesn't even sing it on the JWT :neyde:

xoxo Craig

Her voice isnt good.

Her voice isnt bad.

Her voice is BLOODY AMAZING!!! I love P.I, one of the best songs on Joanne and didnt deserve to flop at all

End Racism Now

Killa

It's the main reason the song does not work, as well as probably why the mixing isn't that good.

There can be some agression in how you say the words and lots of passion without forcing

What happens is that Gaga uses too much air and even in Million Reasons, there's a sound that comes along with the tone from excessive air, meaning the vocal chords are not vibrating well together. The sound must move freely.

The problem is that she's not very precise with the attack and even worst with the release of the sound. The release of the sound is very important, for one must let the air sip in instantly after each phrase. And she's been struggling with this coordination.

What happens is that she ends up spreading too much the voice and smacks the tone. But there are moments in which i like the color of her voice, as it kinda tells me how her voice will sound when she's older. It's much darker, though it's too early for that and in terms of acoustiscs it doesn't work. It's too opaque and dull

Bottom line: It's not good what she does and excessive air and less rich on harmonics and more opaque color of your voice has a worst caption on the recording. From the SB, i get the feeling she's returning to sing better, she probably was tired of working everyday on the album

PerfectIllusion

Here her voice is even more powerful, yet it is one of my favourite performances this era:giveup: PI is full of explosive emotions it is PERFECT!

holy scheisse

i think its too loud ... could have been softer. sure she belts it well but that doesnt mean everybody wants to listen to a song where nearly the entire thing sounds like its being shouted

drinkmytears

It's not meant to be perfect. If you want perfect vocals there's Mariah or Beyawnce. Gaga is all about emotion and passion.

personally I find Sia's voice ugly and I think Ariana sounds whispery and out of breath. They may technically be good but they don't appeal to me.

its all about taste

holy scheisse
44 minutes ago, Misaki said:

I personally think her voice is suppose to sound out of control. The song is about having the time of her life and letting everything out. Plus if he wants to talk about technique then don't bring up Grande. The girl can't even enunciate.

isnt it about realizing love wasnt real?:laughga:

gagasgrande
52 minutes ago, imcdv said:

how does that guy dare to mention ariana's technique, i love her but the girl cant even breath enough

ariana as improved a LOT, especially on the dangerous woman tour. she sounds amazing

Archived