Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

NEW: Exclusive Look At Beyoncé Writing Lemonade

The Z

Featured Posts

KingRedd

Great we have our "bash beyonce by saying she doesn't write and is overrated  so we can be happy teenagers" thread of the week lol 

i wonder how people would feel if they found out Gaga has help too lol

May I Read You? 😎

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry
Just now, drinkmytears said:

Wrong. Its not irrelevant. I'm trying to prove to you I'm not a hater like I'm accused. 

I think she's a fraud because she claims to be this "artist" but in fact has little input. She lacks intellect if she cannot write a song by herself. Hell, I lack intellect in that sense too. 

I don't stan for her much anymore because I think since 2014 she has become a overrated and let her fame go to her head, but all my stories are true.

Hell, Britney Spears is a show-pony. But she's not overrated. She doesn't claim to be more than she is. Its hard to like Beyoncé when she has such a huge ego and is so secretive.

Okay, so back to the point my first post to you that you actually ignored, why do you not recognise all of the comments from other collaborators who describe how involved she is yet hone in only on the background of this one song to justify calling her a fraud?

I'm not saying she is as involved as someone like Gaga, but to say Beyonce - or "Beyawnce", as you called her - completely lacks creativity or intellect is unfair. To compare her level of input to someone like Britney (who I respect) is also ridiculous.

I'm not going to make this a sexism thing but I do wonder why we only ever seem to have conversations about how involved these female stars are, but not really the guys. It reminds me of an interview with Björk:

Spoiler

Pitchfork: The world has a difficult time with the female auteur.

B: I have nothing against Kanye West. Help me with this—I’m not dissing him—this is about how people talk about him. With the last album he did, he got all the best beatmakers on the planet at the time to make beats for him. A lot of the time, he wasn’t even there. Yet no one would question his authorship for a second. If whatever I’m saying to you now helps women, I’m up for saying it. For example, I did 80% of the beats on Vespertine and it took me three years to work on that album, because it was all microbeats—it was like doing a huge embroidery piece. Matmos came in the last two weeks and added percussion on top of the songs, but they didn’t do any of the main parts, and they are credited everywhere as having done the whole album. [Matmos’] Drew [Daniel] is a close friend of mine, and in every single interview he did, he corrected it. And they don’t even listen to him. It really is strange.

You imply here that Bey claims she does more than she actually does. How? People use the amount of writing, production and sample credits on her albums as receipts to drag her with and then claim she steals all of the credit in the same breath. How does that make sense? Whereas a lot of rappers (and probably some singers too) will use ghostwriters to look like they did most of the work, Bey will give credit to fifteen (or however many) people on a song. And she doesn't have a lead credit on either of her last two albums. So what exactly is she hiding?

drinkmytears
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Okay, so back to the point my first post to you that you actually ignored, why do you not recognise all of the comments from other collaborators who describe how involved she is yet hone in only on the background of this one song to justify calling her a fraud?

I'm not saying she is as involved as someone like Gaga, but to say Beyonce - or "Beyawnce", as you called her - completely lacks creativity or intellect is unfair. To compare her level of input to someone like Britney (who I respect) is also ridiculous.

I'm not going to make this a sexism thing but I do wonder why we only ever seem to have conversations about how involved these female stars are, but not really the guys. It reminds me of an interview with Björk:

Reveal hidden contents

Pitchfork: The world has a difficult time with the female auteur.

B: I have nothing against Kanye West. Help me with this—I’m not dissing him—this is about how people talk about him. With the last album he did, he got all the best beatmakers on the planet at the time to make beats for him. A lot of the time, he wasn’t even there. Yet no one would question his authorship for a second. If whatever I’m saying to you now helps women, I’m up for saying it. For example, I did 80% of the beats on Vespertine and it took me three years to work on that album, because it was all microbeats—it was like doing a huge embroidery piece. Matmos came in the last two weeks and added percussion on top of the songs, but they didn’t do any of the main parts, and they are credited everywhere as having done the whole album. [Matmos’] Drew [Daniel] is a close friend of mine, and in every single interview he did, he corrected it. And they don’t even listen to him. It really is strange.

You imply here that Bey claims she does more than she actually does. How? People use the amount of writing, production and sample credits on her albums as receipts to drag her with and then claim she steals all of the credit in the same breath. How does that make sense? Whereas a lot of rappers (and probably some singers too) will use ghostwriters to look like they did most of the work, Bey will give credit to fifteen (or however many) people on a song. And she doesn't have a lead credit on either of her last two albums. So what exactly is she hiding?

I'm genuinely interested-can you send me (even if over DM) your receipts on her collaborators? 

I also really liked that Bjork quote you sent. However, I don't pay attention to many male artists so I don't think I"m being sexist. 

Maybe my problem is less with Beyoncé, and more with her endless praise, when I don't think its deserved? 

drinkmytears
24 minutes ago, KingRedd said:

Great we have our "bash beyonce by saying she doesn't write and is overrated  so we can be happy teenagers" thread of the week lol 

i wonder how people would feel if they found out Gaga has help too lol

I would be upset if Gaga lied and paid off ghostwriters to give her credits. 

Lassex
3 hours ago, drinkmytears said:

Here is actually a really interesting look into how uninvolved Beyoncé is in her songwriting.

I know right! This is so crazy. When will Gaga :sharon: 

weed

I love all these spongebob jokes keep them coming

so funny.

Harry
7 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

I'm genuinely interested-can you send me (even if over DM) your receipts on her collaborators? 

I also really liked that Bjork quote you sent. However, I don't pay attention to many male artists so I don't think I"m being sexist. 

Maybe my problem is less with Beyoncé, and more with her endless praise, when I don't think its deserved? 

A quick Google:

- James Blake on working on Forward from Lemonade:

Spoiler

To be honest, in that world of very, very high-profile musicians and artists, it's quite rare to have a personal touch, because by that point it's kind of a well-oiled machine and sometimes experiences like that can be quite sterile. I enjoy working with somebody that collaborates in the traditional sense, where you actually sit down and make music. I was worried a little bit that it wouldn’t be like that, but I was working with material that she'd made and collaborating with it. Getting to chat with her about it was really nice. I guess that's as good as it gets with somebody as brilliant as her. With somebody at that level, you can never really be sure, just because there's so many people involved in a record, but she's such an accomplished writer and singer.

- Sia on Beyonce's approach to creating an album - this is how I tend to assume what Bey's process is like. Getting ideas and input from different writers and producers but still being the one at the helm with the vision bringing it altogether (which certainly requires creativity):

Spoiler

"They'll entice me into a session by saying, "Rihanna will definitely be there" or "Kanye will definitely be there," she [Sia] explains, "but it's hilarious because I turn up and, almost always, they never come." 

Not true of artists like Beyonce, with whom Sia says collaborating is "like a writing camp" and that "she's very Frankenstein when she comes to the songs," taking bits and pieces from various songwriters and asking to hear them mixed together.

- Just Blaze on working on Freedom from Lemonade:

Spoiler

She had a demo version of the song she had already cut, and as she was working on it at some point she had the idea that if anybody was going to produce this song it would be me. She reached out and said, "I have this demo, you're the first person I thought of, why don't you take a listen if you're interested?" So obviously I'm interested, I'm not going to say no. She sent me the demo and I was immediately like, yes. Before I even finished listening to it I was like, this is right up my alley. Some songs you'll spend a lot of time on because you'll have a vision of what the song can be and its potential. Then you have some songs that are already great and you spend some time making them better and that's what this was. This record was already there. So we kind of just thought, how do we take this great thing and take it over the top?

It was kind of just me playing her ideas, her playing me ideas, her vision for the album overall and just, you know, vibing. She definitely runs the show though, I will tell you that. You have some artists who are just told what to do, the record label hands them a song, it's already written for you, there's a marketing person with a marketing plan. In this situation, it's pretty much the exact opposite. It's very much her show. I'm not going to say there aren't other people involved. Obviously there are, but you know when you see her name in credits as a producer or an executive producer, it's actually warranted. She definitely steers her own ship.

- There's also a quote from Ryan Tedder, he doesn't go into much detail but you clearly get the picture that she's very much there and he's writing with her.

Spoiler

“She was so down to earth, walking around in Uggs, just as chill as you can be,” he recalls of writing with the Lemonade singer. “Her personality just blew my mind. She’s chill and super calming. She and Alicia Keys are very similar: They are just so peaceful. Pharrell is like that, too — they have an almost zen-like quality. It’s very, very attractive.”

---

Sooo yeah. I'm sure there are more quotes out there, too. I don't think you're being sexist either. But it's definitely interesting to me that these conversations only really seem to come up in regards to female artists. People even doubt that someone like Gaga is involved with her work even though she clearly is, whereas current male peers like The Weeknd and Bruno Mars never seem to have to work very hard to prove their ownership. They are songwriters and that is that. Just seems bizarre to me.

Maybe so, and I understand that. I see myself getting annoyed at the monumental success and praise of artists that I think are talented but kinda bland like Ed Sheeran and Adele. Only I never really see people praising Beyonce as an outstanding songwriter. She's more praised specifically for her singing and performance abilities which are indisputably great.

drinkmytears
35 minutes ago, Harry said:

A quick Google:

- James Blake on working on Forward from Lemonade:

Reveal hidden contents

To be honest, in that world of very, very high-profile musicians and artists, it's quite rare to have a personal touch, because by that point it's kind of a well-oiled machine and sometimes experiences like that can be quite sterile. I enjoy working with somebody that collaborates in the traditional sense, where you actually sit down and make music. I was worried a little bit that it wouldn’t be like that, but I was working with material that she'd made and collaborating with it. Getting to chat with her about it was really nice. I guess that's as good as it gets with somebody as brilliant as her. With somebody at that level, you can never really be sure, just because there's so many people involved in a record, but she's such an accomplished writer and singer.

- Sia on Beyonce's approach to creating an album - this is how I tend to assume what Bey's process is like. Getting ideas and input from different writers and producers but still being the one at the helm with the vision bringing it altogether (which certainly requires creativity):

Reveal hidden contents

"They'll entice me into a session by saying, "Rihanna will definitely be there" or "Kanye will definitely be there," she [Sia] explains, "but it's hilarious because I turn up and, almost always, they never come." 

Not true of artists like Beyonce, with whom Sia says collaborating is "like a writing camp" and that "she's very Frankenstein when she comes to the songs," taking bits and pieces from various songwriters and asking to hear them mixed together.

- Just Blaze on working on Freedom from Lemonade:

Reveal hidden contents

She had a demo version of the song she had already cut, and as she was working on it at some point she had the idea that if anybody was going to produce this song it would be me. She reached out and said, "I have this demo, you're the first person I thought of, why don't you take a listen if you're interested?" So obviously I'm interested, I'm not going to say no. She sent me the demo and I was immediately like, yes. Before I even finished listening to it I was like, this is right up my alley. Some songs you'll spend a lot of time on because you'll have a vision of what the song can be and its potential. Then you have some songs that are already great and you spend some time making them better and that's what this was. This record was already there. So we kind of just thought, how do we take this great thing and take it over the top?

It was kind of just me playing her ideas, her playing me ideas, her vision for the album overall and just, you know, vibing. She definitely runs the show though, I will tell you that. You have some artists who are just told what to do, the record label hands them a song, it's already written for you, there's a marketing person with a marketing plan. In this situation, it's pretty much the exact opposite. It's very much her show. I'm not going to say there aren't other people involved. Obviously there are, but you know when you see her name in credits as a producer or an executive producer, it's actually warranted. She definitely steers her own ship.

- There's also a quote from Ryan Tedder, he doesn't go into much detail but you clearly get the picture that she's very much there and he's writing with her.

Reveal hidden contents

“She was so down to earth, walking around in Uggs, just as chill as you can be,” he recalls of writing with the Lemonade singer. “Her personality just blew my mind. She’s chill and super calming. She and Alicia Keys are very similar: They are just so peaceful. Pharrell is like that, too — they have an almost zen-like quality. It’s very, very attractive.”

---

Sooo yeah. I'm sure there are more quotes out there, too. I don't think you're being sexist either. But it's definitely interesting to me that these conversations only really seem to come up in regards to female artists. People even doubt that someone like Gaga is involved with her work even though she clearly is, whereas current male peers like The Weeknd and Bruno Mars never seem to have to work very hard to prove their ownership. They are songwriters and that is that. Just seems bizarre to me.

Maybe so, and I understand that. I see myself getting annoyed at the monumental success and praise of artists that I think are talented but kinda bland like Ed Sheeran and Adele. Only I never really see people praising Beyonce as an outstanding songwriter. She's more praised specifically for her singing and performance abilities which are indisputably great.

Thanks for these. Genuinely interested in her collaborators! I hope I'm not coming across as passive because I'm all up for talking to a logical Beyoncé fan, but not one who just praises everything she does!

I still don't think she is worth all the praise she gets but can appreciate her for what she is! 

Harry
8 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

Thanks for these. Genuinely interested in her collaborators! I hope I'm not coming across as passive because I'm all up for talking to a logical Beyoncé fan, but not one who just praises everything she does!

I still don't think she is worth all the praise she gets but can appreciate her for what she is! 

Thanks for being reasonable. Apologies for assuming you were blindly hating right off the bat, I just felt those things you were calling her were unfair.

To be honest I think there are fans of every artist who play up their talents to extremes, but yes with some - like Bey - it's amplified a lot. I don't think any artist is without faults. But for people who are most passionate about her on either side - whether they love her or they hate her - they seem to share the inability to look at a more realistic middle ground. Either she's an untouchable goddess above all of her peers, or she's a dishonest, talentless, egotistical fraud. I don't think that either are true...

drinkmytears
22 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thanks for being reasonable. Apologies for assuming you were blindly hating right off the bat, I just felt those things you were calling her were unfair.

To be honest I think there are fans of every artist who play up their talents to extremes, but yes with some - like Bey - it's amplified a lot. I don't think any artist is without faults. But for people who are most passionate about her on either side - whether they love her or they hate her - they seem to share the inability to look at a more realistic middle ground. Either she's an untouchable goddess above all of her peers, or she's a dishonest, talentless, egotistical fraud. I don't think that either are true...

You know, I think its just hard that a lot of my favorites are seen as inferior to Beyoncé and it just makes me upset that the media and public put her on such a pedestal. Its kind of like when a lot of people left Gaga around 2012 because they were annoyed at the monsters. I really do like Beyoncé, I don't really stan her anymore, but I guess I just wish other artists were recognized as much.

Anastasia
On 3/13/2017 at 2:42 PM, FATCAT said:

The Beyonce hate is pretty telling. Projection is the worst character trait of this fan base.

What the f*ck did you just f*cking say about me, you little sh*t? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class at Cordon Vert School, and I've been involved in numerous secret supper clubs in Austin, and I have over 300 confirmed VeganMoFo posts. I am trained in guerilla gardening and I'm the top food blogger in the entire Portland region. You are nothing to me but just another omnivore. I will wipe you the f*ck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before at VegFest, mark my f*cking words. You think you can get away with saying that sh*t to me over the Internet? Think again, f*cker. As we speak I am contacting me secret network of leafleters across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, bloodmouth. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can cook chickpeas in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with a toaster oven. Not only am I extensively trained in egg-free baking, but I have access to the entire library of Vegan Outreach and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little carnist. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your f*cking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn speciesist. I will sh*t hummus all over you and you will drown in it. You’re f*cking dead, kiddo.

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

Archived