💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm ft Skip Marley

The Master

Featured Posts

i actually love the video, its pretty simbolic and has a good message hidden in it

i know she still doing that bubblegum pop music/videos, but the content has grown up

... and now i just sit in silence.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of dislike the idea that bubblegum pop can't be mature. but in fact it can be really mature and not dwell on immature topics.  There's also the art of lyrical dissonance which I find really interesting.

I plan on watching the video next week. But I know it will surprise me and make me happy.

Judas Oyster
11 hours ago, littleFandor said:

For me the purpose of the video seems clear... She's promoting her own amusement park.

😂😂😂

the visuals are really nice but i don't get the story, i don't understand what it means idk its very vauge

Psychedelic

The video is amazing, the visuals, the fashion, the theme, the message... I dont need to re-explain it, it is all been said.

I am happy more and more monsters are drawn to Katy's music everytime. The few remaining souls that keep pulling up the same all drama "too childish, "she copied" "same as always" and stuff, they have failed to give the song and video a chance, they're probably "chained to their rhythm" of constant negativity. I wouldn't be surprise it is the same people who whined when Gaga did not release dance pop hits, or did not make visually-outrageous videos for her first 2 singles!

These people are never satifisfied with anything!

kabirartfling

Omfg i love it :giveup: so clever and keeps you on loop :duck:! Officially a katycat now :rockstar:........ still a little monster tho:unicorn:

Give your love to me

Morphine Prince
22 minutes ago, HausAlly said:

the visuals are really nice but i don't get the story, i don't understand what it means idk its very vauge

It's not vague at all. Look closer. 

Look at Werk's post on page 18 for some insight. 

MJHolland

Um.. Well I don't love it?

Ok so here I go. This song/video strike me for a few reasons. 

I don't want to sound rude at all. I really like the song, I think it's a bop. That being said, I don't understand the people that like the song's message/video. It seems so... forced? I find it a poorly developed message and the video/messaged to be a mediocre attempt at trying to make your first "deeper" meanings to one of your songs.  

Isn't it kind of hypocritical that Katy is here telling us not to fit the mold of society? Like the same Katy that has been the epitome of mass-produced, must-please-every, generic pop music machine? The same Katy that pushed to notion of "California Girls" are so great because they fit the California mold? The same one that peddled the "Teenage Dream"? And now she's lecturing us on the ridiculousness of the American Dream

I just find it funny that Katy is making a message about nonconformity when she's consistently conformed to what type of music will do well on the radio for the past few years?

Don't get me wrong, I hopeful and very glad that Katy is starting to take a more meaningful, artistic approach to her art. Hope it does well! 

TimisaMonster

When the video is so good it makes me like the song...

what kinda spell :duck:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

38 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

It's not vague at all. Look closer. 

Look at Werk's post on page 18 for some insight. 

still for me just seems to be a bunch of random shots it dosent make sense, maybe its the way it was edited but now i think about it most of her videos are like this

Redstreak
5 hours ago, Mister Gaga said:

why tho, people change

It's as believable as Taylor Swift's next album being a giant think piece on how gross it is to be dependent on relationships.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

this is much better than i thought it would be after the disaster of the Dark Horse video and has re-watch values.

However i feel that this video is coupled with the wrong song (which sounds so basic and empty to go with the video). it would be bad ass if the video is made for a song with rock/darker arrangements and has a tragic or more dramatic ending scene.

PaperIz
38 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

It's as believable as Taylor Swift's next album being a giant think piece on how gross it is to be dependent on relationships.

Here for that though :poot: 

JusticeforVenus

very KATY PERRY... I liked it a lot, its message was on point and the fashion was perfect, the end is somewhat forced but well, it is an ok video.

:staymad:

Archived