💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who else thinks Gaga should shy away from EDM and Dubstep?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stvrboy
Just now, Blackout19 said:

Gaga should do work with BloodPop and Diplo for a full album.

Ali Payami, Max Martin, Diplo, BloodPop and Daft Punk. IMAGINE THAT.

Blackout19
17 minutes ago, Stvrboy said:

Daft Punk. :giveup:

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Pacify Him

If she's gonna do metal, then I'll be fine with it gone :classy:

But no more Joanne production ugh :saladga:

I’m getting on your nerves

SEXODUS

Denying her a specific genre is like putting the gurl on a leash. We've been proven she can do anything and still conquer it. I mean, you can not like something and sit that one out, but as an artist she has the right to having fun on experimenting new ideas. That's what makes Lady Gaga unique. I'm not completely in love with Joanne but I can't but be happy for her since she's done what she craved to do. I am now realising that artistry is something that you can't contain, that needs to be poured into the world, and that it's something always changing, reinventing itself. So let's not be mistaken: art isn't the radio or the charts. Whoever rides their fame by never changing is just a puppet to the industry. I'm glad she isn't one of them, so let the gurl do her thang.

Smother Em Eh
11 hours ago, Stvrboy said:

Yeah I prefer those producers over DJ White Shadow and Zedd. I think RedOne is one of a kind though. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

BloodyJudas
12 hours ago, Stvrboy said:

Gaga has NEVER done dubstep, and that gender died in 2012 so don't worry lmao

Could you give me an example of a popular song that is dubstep??? :)

BloodyJudas
11 hours ago, Blackout19 said:

Gaga should do work with BloodPop and Diplo for a full album.

And Max Martin :) Completely agree with you :)

Smother Em Eh
11 hours ago, MetalliGa said:

If she's gonna do metal, then I'll be fine with it gone 

But no more Joanne production ugh 

In my opinion, Joanne is her most authentic and personal album yet. I really love its fresh sound too! What are your overall thoughts on it? 

Smother Em Eh
11 hours ago, SEXODUS said:

Denying her a specific genre is like putting the gurl on a leash. We've been proven she can do anything and still conquer it. I mean, you can not like something and sit that one out, but as an artist she has the right to having fun on experimenting new ideas. That's what makes Lady Gaga unique. I'm not completely in love with Joanne but I can't but be happy for her since she's done what she craved to do. I am now realising that artistry is something that you can't contain, that needs to be poured into the world, and that it's something always changing, reinventing itself. So let's not be mistaken: art isn't the radio or the charts. Whoever rides their fame by never changing is just a puppet to the industry. I'm glad she isn't one of them, so let the gurl do her thang.

I agree and completely understand your statement. I just don't really care for the sound unless I'm in the mood. 

SpookyKid

I want more of the slower Joanne songs type album and a rock/metal album 

Don't really care that much for EDM

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

Pacify Him
1 hour ago, JosephH said:

In my opinion, Joanne is her most authentic and personal album yet. I really love its fresh sound too! What are your overall thoughts on it? 

Let's just say the entire album isn't my cup of tea. I don't find folk and country music to be interesting. They're too mellow and lack excitement. Country loves to sing about the good things in life and I don't like that. I once helped a family friend from across the states get around here in Cali and the only station on the radio he puts on is country and i was dying. When I think of Joanne, I think of Come To Mama. The album is way too light and I'm dark on the inside lol.

However, I make some exceptions. Take Father John Misty for instance, a really good artist I've discovered recently, he does rock, indie, folk, and pop.

It all just comes down to personal preference. I applaud her for trying new things all the time. Though I hope she doesn't do this again.

Edit: Let me comment on its sound. They really did emphasize on calling that album to be "raw" but I'm tired of her trying to Adele everything. Ever since she (Adele) rose to fame, Gaga got all insecure about her vocal ability for years. And I think we've had enough. We all know she can sing though she never seemed to be satisfied. Like she's waiting for the media to comment about her skill for singing? Idrk what she's waiting for. But still, all in all, the album is too light on its sound. Nothing too extravagant either. Yes, it is very dive bar sounding tho. It's soooo practical.

I’m getting on your nerves

I think ARTPOP would have done so much better if it wasn't for EDM!

You said half of ARTPOP feels like that, but i think it's almost all of the songs.

Dance. Sex. Art. Pop.

Archived