Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Born This Way is my least favorite album

Jed Mayo

Featured Posts

Lextyr97

This thread has left me in disgust. Born This Way is one of the best albums I've ever heard. Her purpose was to make pop very hard pop, hence why there's so many metal/rock elements. It's meant to be loud. It's an album for stadiums. The album's meaning were all very coherent too in different ways. It's literally just about love and coming together. 

Also at the person who said the BTWB sucks cause the beginning and ending sucked, please excuse yourself. Wow. I'm sorry, but Marry the Night at the BTWB is one of the greatest moments of her career. 

Riding in on a horse to Highway Unicorn was also a brilliant entrance. Everything also looked incredibly well made like wtf. How did anything on this tour look cheap?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Fame Joanne
5 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

So it wasn't okay for the ''GP'' to reduce Gaga on her ''flop'' ARTPOP era, but it's okay to reduce a legend with a 19 year / span of 3 decades to 3 years of her career?

Blackout was a trainwreck waiting to happen. But Circus and FF were pretty consistent from first single to last date on the tour and Blow Job and Glory served their purpose. 

You said "stan Britney if you want a planned through era". And as far as I know we can't travell time yet, so it is only possible to stan her for future eras, which will probably be more like her recent ones and not 1999-2004

Musically, it's my least favorite, but not because of the visuals. Just because I don't enjoy listening to it as much as her other 4 albums. It has some of her highest highs but also some of her lowest lows (imo), so I rarely listen to it all the way through like her other albums. 

Visually, I thought the BTW era was on point and I would say it was pretty cohesive.

Delusional Aura
56 minutes ago, Jed Mayo said:

I have the same thoughts about TFM but this thread is about Born this way

Then why are you a fan? Two of her best albums? B!tch please. Give me a break with the trolling. 

just another gay

BTWB has great visual, the stage is a masterpiece, but the setlist and the "story" is a mess.

I see where you are coming from, but disagree wholly. It was really chaotic to live through it as it happened in real time, but in retrospect it's probably one of the most amazing collective pop spectacles I have ever seen. It really relished in its loudness and obnoxiousness, and it worked.

Oh well.

3 points in and ready for more

Also, BTWB is kind of tricky because I personally feel like it's the kind of show to watch in person. As much as I would have loved a professional recording, I don't know if it would have done it enough justice.

There were way too many nuances and intricacies happening at any single time to be caught in any sort of minute framing. It was overwhelming, and amazing.

I mean, holy s h i t giant vagina.

3 points in and ready for more

The Child
5 hours ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Blackout was a trainwreck waiting to happen. But Circus and FF were pretty consistent from first single to last date on the tour and Blow Job and Glory served their purpose. 

Circus was great but FF was omg I don't even have words to describe it.

And gosh let's not talk about BJ.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Smother Em Eh

I thought BTW was creative and wild but I didn't like some of the melodies. In some songs, like "Judas" and "Scheibe" the melodies we're way too loud. I personally think Gaga could've done better than just a dance album. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my favorite album of hers. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Jeffrey_This_Way
19 hours ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Gaga as an artist is not the most consistant. So if you want an era planned from a to z it won't happen with her. 

You're right!  I love the album BTW but damn I wish she would have stuck with a theme for the overall era.  I loved The Vessel/egg/reveal at The Grammys with the prosthetic alien face thing and was hoping that would've carried on through the rest of the era's videos but nope, blink and you missed it and we were on to Judas.

GagzDonkeyD
23 minutes ago, JosephH said:

I thought BTW was creative and wild but I didn't like some of the melodies. In some songs, like "Judas" and "Scheibe" the melodies we're way too loud. I personally think Gaga could've done better than just a dance album. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't my favorite album of hers. 

BASICALLY THIS :toofunny:

never liked judas  :sweat: and all of melodies on this album is noisy asf :emma: and i do not like it :hmm:

and that is the same thing that scared the GP away and LED to ARTPOP mess :awkney:

ARTPOP melodies are pretty noisy too :neyde:

with JOANNE the melodies are great but her voice becomes the noise:madge: shes singing from the back of her throat :icega:

Archived