Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Born This Way is my least favorite album

Jed Mayo

Featured Posts

Before I start I want to say that I love and respect Gaga so much. I'm not trying to spread hate, just my ideas. I love her work and this album really had a wonderful message. However, I always find myself listening to Born This Way way less than the other albums. It's not the songs, though. They are amazing. I think it's simply that I didn't like the visual side of things?

I think conceptually, the album was scattered. There were elements of glam, rock, aliens, opera, country, etc. I think I would have appreciated it more with one set aesthetic for the era overall, or at least for each single. But a lot of the times it just didn't work in my opinion. Usually when Gaga throws together bizarre combinations of genres it amazes me but not with Born This Way.

The worst of it for me was the Born This Way Ball. All of those random concepts thrown together made it look strange, and not in Gaga's usual good way of doing so. It looked cheap, random, and tacky to me. But I still love and respect Gaga and her message. I know "music not the bling" but look where Million Reasons left us, so I am thankful that at least we had visuals on Born This Way. It just doesn't come to mind when I think Gaga. Do any of you feel this way?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

I didnt like the BTWBall but the overall black and white aesthetic for btw was my favorite thing shes done in her career

The Fame Monster was a much more inconsistent era, what are you talking about? :air: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

JustAnotherDay

It is my favorite album but I understand where you are coming from, musically it's a huge mess. Like, I personally feel it worked but I have no idea where she come up with some of this, like who would think of combining heavy metal and german techno :cryga:

was NickARTPOP

TheKillerQueen

BTW wasn't my favorite album, because it took a turn from her TFM monster sound, but it's not as inconsistent as Joanne. 

Lace up my boots, throw on some leather and cruise.

EdgeofTeeth

Born This Way has grown on me more than any of Gaga's work ever has and now I regard it as one of my favorite albums ever... Bye! :trollga:

PMKKARDASHiAN

Meh. It's grown on me. 

I used to hate it just for the events that surrounded it, but now I enjoy it for the music. It's not something I can turn on whenever and bop to, but when I'm in the mood for it, it's exceptional. 

But then again, not every album can be as perfect as TF/M so it's understandable :firega:

BornAsUnic0rn
4 minutes ago, Red said:

The Fame Monster was a much more inconsistent era, what are you talking about? :air: 

And let's better not talk about BTW being an inconsistent era when there are ARTPOP and The Fame. 

6 minutes ago, Red said:

I have the same thoughts about TFM but this thread is about Born this way

Archived