💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why Born This Way is my least favorite album

Jed Mayo

Featured Posts

djBuffoon
10 minutes ago, Jed Mayo said:

I think conceptually, the album was scattered. There were elements of glam, rock, aliens, opera, country, etc. I think I would have appreciated it more with one set aesthetic for the era overall, or at least for each single.

See, this is why I think it's a brilliant album. Any given track on Born This Way - and this goes for pretty much every Gaga album - is literally bursting with creativity, and the style change numerous times with the same song.

"Hair" is a great example. It's got elements of early 60's pop, American rock, contemporary dance-pop, musical theater, and it blends so well.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BornAsUnic0rn
2 minutes ago, Notthebling said:

Honestly the BTWB was a mess. There were so many flaws and mistakes.

The opening was boring. The closing had NOTHING epic. HML was performed on a bike ... like 1 minute is fine but the whole song ??

have you seen the BTWBall live?

PMKKARDASHiAN
Just now, BornAsUnic0rn said:

The album era was not consistent! She changed like every 2 weeks. New single, new Gaga

You think?? I always felt she pretty much maintained the same persona while adding on and deepening the mystery and sh!t like that.. yea, she progressively got weirder and weirder and the fashion got bigger and bolder, but it was still pretty consistent. 

What are your examples of a consistent album/artist/era just for reference? 

Impostor
1 minute ago, Jed Mayo said:

With that I was talking specifically about the tour

Oh I'm sorry. But my opinion about the tour is the same. The tour even tells a story and has a very specific scenario, which is something she doesn't do currently when it comes to performances. Maybe it's a matter of taste? :shrug:

Fernster7

Born This Way is the holy bible and I will not stand this blasphemy. It's her best album and even though I hated most of the visuals I thought they were really consistent. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

BornAsUnic0rn
5 minutes ago, Impostor said:

"It looked cheap, random, and tacky to me."

Judging from that line I think you should listen to it more times, and take a special look at all the performances. It might seem messy sometimes, but it's very artistic and well-thought. Born This Way is probably her most consistent album/era.

Exactly my point. For Gaga standards BTW is very consistent. The flip flop of ideas actually stayed very much in the same lane.

But if people want a start to finish planned era without any flaw they need to go to Britney Spears. 

XY61Wr2gOuCxW.gif

haha jk

everything you listed as to why you dislike it is exactly why i love it, its a schizophrenic expression of who gaga is, yeah i think its just a matter of taste so fair enough

The Fame Joanne
12 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Exactly my point. For Gaga standards BTW is very consistent. The flip flop of ideas actually stayed very much in the same lane.

But if people want a start to finish planned era without any flaw they need to go to Britney Spears. 

But Britney's eras only last for one month :ladyhaha:

Princess Zelda
29 minutes ago, Taka said:

What I don't like about this album is melodies , they are noisy, loud, rawdy and harsh.

@AyaKara: I'd never put it into words like Taka but basically this tbh :smh: 

BornAsUnic0rn
16 minutes ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

You think?? I always felt she pretty much maintained the same persona while adding on and deepening the mystery and sh!t like that.. yea, she progressively got weirder and weirder and the fashion got bigger and bolder, but it was still pretty consistent. 

What are your examples of a consistent album/artist/era just for reference? 

Confessions on a Dance Floor was a very very consistent album and era. Circus by Britney Spears is also very consistent as an era from start to finish. Britney in general is very consistent with her eras. But Britney isn't an artist. She's an entertainer/performer. 

BornAsUnic0rn
2 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

But Britney's eras only last for one month :ladyhaha:

How old are you? :ladyhaha:

It's weird for me, i feel like BTW is her best album but its also the one i want to listen to least... strange, huh?

The Child
43 minutes ago, Jed Mayo said:

I think I would have appreciated it more with one set aesthetic for the era overall, or at least for each single. 

All of those random concepts thrown together made it look strange, and not in Gaga's usual good way of doing so. It looked cheap, random, and tacky to me. 

But each single had one aesthetic. :what:

I feel like the second paragraph is describing perfectly ARTPOP.

18 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Excuse me but ever since In The Zone, almost all Britney's eras never went as they were supposed to go.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

BornAsUnic0rn
3 minutes ago, The Fame Joanne said:

I meant her recent eras

So it wasn't okay for the ''GP'' to reduce Gaga on her ''flop'' ARTPOP era, but it's okay to reduce a legend with a 19 year / span of 3 decades to 3 years of her career?

8 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Excuse me but ever since In The Zone, almost all Britney's eras never went as they were supposed to go.

Blackout was a trainwreck waiting to happen. But Circus and FF were pretty consistent from first single to last date on the tour and Blow Job and Glory served their purpose. 

Archived