Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

How Joanne has always been in Gaga's art.

Seeka

Featured Posts

I think one of the main reason why i see people are uncomfortable with Joanne is how out of nowhere her love and respect for a dead aunt she's never met seems.

However, for those of us who've been here longer than the rest, or have done extensive Gaga related research know how Joanne has influenced Gaga.

So I thought I'd go over some of how Joanne has been in Gaga's career.

- Gaga has published Joanne's poem "For a Moment"  in the Fame album booklet, which means she also has probably read most of Joanne's poetry.

- The Fame Ball was known to the Haus as  "Joanne"

- Gaga's Rainer Maria Rilke quote also contains Joanne's death date.

- The end of the Manifesto of Little Monsters contains Joanne's death date.

- Gaga wrote Paradise, a song inspired by Joanne and on of her poems about Heaven.

- Joanne died of Lupus, which Gaga is borderline (negative) diagnosed.

So besides Gaga being the Sora to Joanne's Roxas/Ventus, this love for a dead aunt she has really never known didn't come from nowhere. Also, if Gaga has read Joanne's poetry, she may know her just as well, if not even better than most other people.

Just my thoughts.

Cailleach

I remember watching the monster ball behind the scenes and gaga says that before very show, her and the haus say a prayer to Joanne and I realised how she probably always wanted to write about her and loved her throughout her whole career

That's not very born this way of you

Oriane

I don't think people here are uncomfortable with this "it came out of nowhere"... It made sense when she said the name of the album. However I don't get it when people don't understand how much she talks about her family etc... Because it's also something she's been doing for years and everything she says during this era is logical.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

I was watching her ShowStudio In Camera interview from 2010 the other day and she said that she wanted to get a Joanne tattoo one day.

DaftFameMonster

Everything about the Joanne album, era and what it stands for has always been noticeable to me throughout her career. A lot of people upset about its style/sound didn't pay close enough attention to Stefani as a person I suppose because she certainly appreciates a wide variety of music. As for Aunt Joanne,  I agree with all you've said. She's been mentioned ever since the beginning. 

Archived