💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I still think this song would outslayed Applause.

TSUNAMI

Featured Posts

VOLANTIS

I remember playing this at school and everyone in my class (they are not fans of Gaga) absolutely loved it. They thought it sounded iconic and fresh. And the "Haaaa haaa" part from the intro, my God I was almost in tears because I thought they would hate it. They also really loved Venus, DWUW, title track, Swine and Gypsy. 

Imo she should have definitely released this as the lead. Venus as the second single and then Dwuw and Gypsy. 

14 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

it was a bop and Gaga clearly wanted to release it as the firt single but I think Applause was a better choice... a video for Aura, knowing Gaga, would have been very controversial and people didn't want any type of controversy (the gp hated the new controversial Miley back in 2013)

But that's just the unsettling thing. Gaga had planned a very controversial era. With Marina Abramovic and the collaborations with artists.  Changing her look, dipping herself into these creepy aspects of ART. And then she goes and releases the tamest sounding track on the album as the lead single. I think the Miley controversy was a good thing because people had someone to collectively hate on and Gaga could have easily carried the era without being dragged for filth. Or even without Miley's antics Gaga has always been bold and upfront with hers and she could have handled it like she did during 2010, 2011. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Panchecco
2 minutes ago, VOLANTIS said:

I think the Miley controversy was a good thing because people had someone to collectively hate on and Gaga could have easily carried the era without being dragged for filth. Or even without Miley's antics Gaga has always been bold and upfront with hers and she could have handled it like she did during 2010, 2011. 

I guess that is right but I still think that the gp was kinda over the controversial/over the top Gaga... most people lost interest in her

3 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

I guess that is right but I still think that the gp was kinda over the controversial/over the top Gaga... most people lost interest in her

I think they've lost even more interest in boring countryGa:cryga:

Panchecco
6 minutes ago, macca said:

I think they've lost even more interest in boring countryGa:cryga:

I think they like this new "normal" Gaga.. the problem is that most of the songs on Joanne don't have the sound of a radio-friendly dj-featured track so radios won't play her songs and her singles won't sell that much...

Let's hope people will buy Joanne after the SB
 giphy.gif

BeerFear

I have always said that Sex Dreams (the "original" version from Itunes fest) with a filthy and sexy video and a great, maybe a bit controversial VMA performance would have been equally if not more successful than Applause. 

tumblr_mtgcpjpnvp1r06e1co1_500.gif

Illuminati

i feel like people would have not liked that a quarter of the song is just her repeating hahaha and aura lol unless they made some sort of a radio edit but it has a killer chorus and an amazing instrumental. definitely among my favorites but although i don't like applause i think it's a better choice of the two. 

The Child
51 minutes ago, Panchecco said:

it was a bop and Gaga clearly wanted to release it as the firt single but I think Applause was a better choice... a video for Aura, knowing Gaga, would have been very controversial and people didn't want any type of controversy (the gp hated the new controversial Miley back in 2013)

Yeah that's why We Can't Stop & Wrecking Ball were huge hits. :poot:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

youandi

Literally those singles should have just gone:

Do What U Want 

Venus 

Gypsy

Sexxx Dreams (Mary Jane Holland could have been great if the album was released earlier but I think a song like wouldn't have done great in 2014) 

then maybe Applause 

The Child
16 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

Do What U Want featuring Drake would have slain souls as the lead single !!!

Or featuring The Weeknd. :giveup:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child

Honestly DWUW is the best song of the album commercially speaking, it had the biggest potential to be a big hit. She should have released it as a lead, Aura is just too aggressive for radio and it wouldn't have worked.

Panchecco
15 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

Yeah that's why We Can't Stop & Wrecking Ball were huge hits. :poot:

yeah they were but because people, magazines and websites kept talking **** about miley :trollga:

Radio would NEVER play that song even tho it's great. It would probably have been one of Gaga's biggest flops.

xoxo Craig
3 hours ago, Parach said:

Dude, it received airplay without being released.

It didnt here in the UK. We had to wait until Applause was released before we heard something from ARTPOP on the Radio

End Racism Now

8 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

It didnt here in the UK. We had to wait until Applause was released before we heard something from ARTPOP on the Radio

I'm pretty sure in the UK I heard Applause twice on radio and G.U.Y once which is so annoying because G.U.Y had the potential to smash 

Archived