💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Ever listen to a song and think "damn, I can't believe this is from Gaga?"

Spyro

Featured Posts

The title is a little restricting given its character limit.  What I mean is.. do you ever listen to a song from Joanne/ARTPOP and think something similar like "I can't believe this is from the same woman who made Just Dance and Poker Face!"  Not in a bad way.. but more in a "I just can't believe it".  I get it's her evolving her sound, but I can't honestly say the same to other pop singers.  No diss to other singers/artists, but there's this feeling I get when I listen to Gaga's new music.  Her music is definitely different now than it was from "The Fame/Monster".   I don't get that feeling from Britney or Madonna even though I stanned with them before Gaga.  AGAIN, I think there's nothing wrong with either case!!  But just listen and watch the Poker Face & Bad Romance music videos, and then listen to John Wayne, Diamond Heart, or something from ARTPOP like 'Aura'.  It's like the Lady Gaga from The Fame/Monster era (arguably the BTW era also) was killed and was replaced with a look-a-like.  I don't know...I've just had these sudden thoughts ever since I've heard the ARTPOP album for the first time.  Thoughts?

Spyro the Dragon

Anastasia

Yes, Joanne and Million Reasons specifically, its just so different from the New York street girl I thought she was when I was first becoming a stan. I like that she is a chameleon though, and to be fair she always warned us she has to evolve and change 

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

Yes :diane: 

Once i was listening to my faves songs from Gaga and i couldnt stop thinking "how can a human being do such amazing songs?" :air: 

And like, listening again to the songs made me even more confused about how could such masterpieces even exist/were created :air: 

edit: oh i see where this is turning into :oprah: Well yeah i was surprised at Joanne and couldnt believe it was gaga, but unfortunately i can't say it was 100% positive; for some songs yes but for others no! 

2 minutes ago, Anastasia said:

Yes, Joanne and Million Reasons specifically, its just so different from the New York street girl I thought she was when I was first becoming a stan. I like that she is a chameleon though, and to be fair she always warned us she has to evolve and change 

Now that I look back at it, I think that was the Born This Way album. :emma: Even though the songs on that album are her usual style (Born This Way, EoG, Y&I, The Queen...) there are some songs that has a different sound than her typical stuff from past albums (Bloody Mary, Scheisse, etc.).   I think that was a transition phase imo. :emma: 

Spyro the Dragon

Gagaplayer315

The best recent example is Sinners Prayer, that song is just one hell of an experience 

Reality

That's exactly one of the reasons why I love her so much! Her sound is forever evolving and forever changing, and to think, the next album may sound completely different from Joanne—it's sort of weird to think about.

From Joanne, I got that same reaction from listening to songs like Come To Mama, Just Another Day, and Diamond Heart. It's like when you hear those songs, you instantly know it's Gaga because of her inspirations. It makes more sense in my head, but a song like Diamond Heart has a very rock n' roll sound—but it still is pop (pop-rock, imo)—and we definitely know that Gaga is influenced by rock music. Same idea with CTM and JAD, they both sound very "vintage" with CTM sounding a bit more 50s and Motown-esque, while JAD sounding like a collab between The Beatles and David Bowie, all of which are influences and inspirations to Gaga.

🃏🖤👹

Only from Joanne :emma: 

And talking about Madonna, she gives me that sense every time. Britney does not surprise me. 

The night sky tells all

Mister Gaga
11 minutes ago, Robot said:

Literally half of Joanne :emma: 

tbh. Especially with Sinner's Prayer, Million Reasons and Joanne. We usually say that ballads are gaga's weakest point, but that turned around with Joanne. She surprises me every day :saira:

Computer

Me with Joanne always like...I can't believe it's not pop

med_1411073256_image.jpg

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

LaLuna

I think Joanne as a whole was a huge surprise for me. She's grown so much since The Fame and you can definitely hear it on the album. I felt like I was rediscovering Gaga as she was introducing herself again to us. 

CakeLikeLG

Joanne the song. It sounds nothing like her previous ballads and her voice sounds very unlike her, so that was the biggest surprise for me

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

Archived