ARTPOP vs. Joanne  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you like better?

• ARTPOP
    • Joanne

Featured Posts

FrankGutz
On 17/1/2017 at 1:46 PM, Son of ARTPOP said:

This was never a question to me. Ofc ARTPOP by light years! It's an album that is so overly ambitious, not always delivering, perfect in its imperfections, and provides so much depth to explore. Hell, it came out of a rebellious creative young adult that fought for her freedom and suffered from depression at the same time. If that's not enough to make it interesting, then I dunno what!

Joanne, on the other hand, is just what it is. What she says is what she means. The whole thing is easy to take at face value, and while it was refreshing to have a simple Gaga album, her simplest since The Fame, it became stale and boring. Like, leave that to Adele and Ed Sheeran, girl, they do it 1000 times better than you. So I'd put Joanne right above TF which is my least favourite record or on par with TFM. AP and BTW remain unbothered!

:classy::queenga::whitney:

On 17/1/2017 at 2:09 PM, Gagz said:

ARTPOP! It's not even close for me tbh. ARTPOP is my favorite album of all time and is her most ambitious album. 

On 17/1/2017 at 4:14 AM, JoanneActII said:

ARTPOP 

Reveal hidden contents

My fave gaga album :hor:

The good taste :classy:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RochestrMonstr

Very difficult for me to choose! These are my two favorite Gaga albums, and they are so different from each other! 

ARTPOP has one song that I don't really enjoy (Fashion!), so I voted Joanne since I enjoy all the songs! It's so close though! 

FrankGutz
5 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

ARTPOP wins in every way for me :diane: even though I like Joanne as well :hor:

:queenga: slay

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Sepsami
1 minute ago, frankgutz said:

:queenga: slay

It's so underappreciated in this fanbase :giveup: I honestly truly believe it could've been her greatest era if it wasn't for the managment mess :diane:

FrankGutz
1 minute ago, Sepsami said:

It's so underappreciated in this fanbase :giveup: I honestly truly believe it could've been her greatest era if it wasn't for the managment mess :diane:

i know, Gypsy instead of G.U.Y. would have been a better choice, and maybe another messy/fast video for DWUW, that song was smashing, why Gagz? why?

Sepsami

i know, Gypsy instead of G.U.Y. would have been a better choice, and maybe another messy/fast video for DWUW, that song was smashing, why Gagz? why?

Let's not even mention the potential MANiCURE had :diane:

FrankGutz
1 minute ago, Sepsami said:

Let's not even mention the potential MANiCURE had :diane:

i also wanted Fashion! & Sexxx Dreams :cryga:  and the DWUW video should be the Xtina ft, imagine the slayage :giveup:

Sepsami

i also wanted Fashion! & Sexxx Dreams :cryga:  and the DWUW video should be the Xtina ft, imagine the slayage :giveup:

Tbh the whole album should've just been a visual album with a video for every song :neyde:

FrankGutz
4 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Tbh the whole album should've just been a visual album with a video for every song :neyde:

with our luck we only get 1 video per era starting the next one :emma:

imnotyourbabe10

ARTPOP radicalized me and, in many ways, explored experimental pop music in a "mainstream" way (hell yes to our Lady singing about space/hip-hop/explicit marijuana topics)...

Joanne is very cohesive...it is quite different from what we usually expect from Gaga and, for that reason, is kinda "gaga."  

They both are awesome but I voted for ARTPOP :diane:

FrankGutz
9 minutes ago, RochestrMonstr said:

It's so close! How interesting! 

I expected a landslide for ARTPOP tbh. 

noT with the #ARTPOPArmy voting for SLAYPOP :whitney:

Theres no way around it ARTPOP is best. Joanne is nice but I can't help thinking it is the result of oldies with depressing music from the 60s and 70s getting gaga to tone it down. I like the wildness of ARTPOP it is more radical. Joanne has some top notch songs that should easily beat ARTPOP musically but just don't coz ARTPOP just has that something special about it. I am fine with Joanne though it is beautiful especially angel down the ooh ooh bit that is so amazing and it is probably more healing than ARTPOP that might have been a bit dangerous  in places although also healing. maybe they are not so different like some people say they are. ARTPOP is more relaxed Joanne is trying too hard although it is still great so I am not convinced Joanne is the truer Stefani but then again maybe in certain ways. not sure really I just liked ARTPOP i am not so into the oldies stuff like my parents were watching this concert from the stones  playing in cuba and it got be seriously down I couldn't listen to it at all and had to go out (this was particularly severe reaction)

I know a lot of people think Joanne is much more personal, but I don't get that vibe. I think people just think it's more personal because of the analog nature of the album, which really doesn't have a correlation. 

Archived