Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don't think Gaga can be relatable

ArtPLAUSE

Featured Posts

RAMROD

She was relatable when she sings LoveGame,v Poker Face and Just Dance #RideOnYourDiscoStick :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

just another gay

How do you define "Relatable" tho?

Famous and popular? or connected to her as a person?

MEDONER
3 hours ago, Seeka said:

Relatability is overrated and stupid.

Ikr, I don't get the need to relate to a song in order to appreciate it :madge: During ARTPOP era it was the most annoying excuse ever, "yeah she's not successful because no one can relate to Applause" bitch puhlease :icega: I doubt people that goes listening to opera does so because they relate to it, maybe, just maybe, they just love that form of art as it is :madge:

ArtPLAUSE
5 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

Oh puhleaze. Do you actually think any celebrity can actually be relatable though? 

No, I don't...that's my point

ArtPLAUSE
4 hours ago, Seeka said:

Relatability is overrated and stupid.

I don't disagree, but you should say that to Gaga since she's the one focusing on it this era

androiduser

the problem is that she is not genuinely reletable, she is trying to be relateble, and people can sense that and it's not working... she was genuinely extravagant and accepted for that, and this new image is a bit too forced.

FleshLeotard

Pop music isn't about relating to the average Joe's boring depressing life. It's about making everyday life seem glamorous, epic and dramatic.  It's about lifting people up, not sinking into depression and mediocrity.

What Gaga is doing with Joanne actually reminds me of the way some rich Republicans try and campaign to middle America, by downgrading themselves to fit a more humble image. "I'm not like them, I'm one of you."

And that's actually why trump won, he didn't do that. Instead of humbling himself to seem more like them, he made middle America feel like they could be rich and famous and important some day. That's what people want to hear, that's why he won.

That's what Gaga needs to do.

11 hours ago, Joanne Angelina said:

Exactly. Also rather than reaching to a particular group, I think she focuses more on loving and embracing one's true self. The straights are already accepted as normal, so it seems that she is pandering particularly to the LGBTQ+ who are still considered freaks. Remember, "no matter gay straight or bi/lesbian transgender life/I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive."

Well, I can only speak for myself but I felt like a "freak" in BTW era regardless of my sexuality.:unicorn: While it was mostly about being gay it spoke to me on many levels.  And yeah Joanne is too personal to be relatable imo 

Archived