đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Gaga collaborate more with contemporary artists?

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

Supersonic
6 hours ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

She needs a Lorde or a Lana Del Rey to help her with her lyricism. 

"Money is the anthem of success, everybody knows it it's a fact kiss kiss" and "You talk lots about God… But that's not what this bitch wants. Dope and diamonds. Diamonds. Diamonds diamonds diamonds. That's all that I want, man." aren't exactly lyrics to write home about.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not the features, it's one thing that the GP hates: Gaga is too serious about her work and sometimes it looks like she's too arrogant and it's tiring.. the GP hates to think, hates to hear complicated songs..

The beauty of Gaga's music is that it's full of elements lyrically and in the instrumentals.. so it's not for the GP ears..

So yeah, if you want her to be less serious, she can collab with the other pop females and make a fun slaying pop hit.. if you want her to keep doing what she's doing, expect more collabs with more serious artists like Florence.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

SMILE2NE1
16 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

"Money is the anthem of success, everybody knows it it's a fact kiss kiss" and "You talk lots about God… But that's not what this bitch wants. Dope and diamonds. Diamonds. Diamonds diamonds diamonds. That's all that I want, man." aren't exactly lyrics to write home about.

But both are purposefully sung in self-aware irony though :duck::sweat:

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

But both are purposefully sung in self-aware irony though :duck::sweat:

And you think Gaga is dead serious when Gaga sings "Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs"? :deadbanana: 

BloodyJudas
51 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Gaga would "collaborate" with more contemporary artists if any of them actually showed up in the studio. She said that she has trouble catching the vibes of other people when they're not actually present in the studio with her, which is why she didn't want the Cher collab released and why there are no further collabs with Beyoncé or Britney, even though she expressed interest in doing so. :neyde:

That gave me food for thought. She is into producing and coming up with something real and authentic rather than some fabricated hit done between places.

SMILE2NE1
31 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

And you think Gaga is dead serious when Gaga sings "Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs"? :deadbanana: 

Nope, where did that come from lol. Just saying that the lyrics you quoted had more depth than you saw, which you also just indirectly validated with this comment 

BloodyJudas
7 minutes ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

Nope, where did that come from lol.

Off topic, I love the photo of Gaga you have as your profile picture :D She looks so freaking sexy in it :D

As far as Gaga's writing is concerned, she wasn't that serious and solemn about her work /music/lyrics at the beginning of her career.

Ever since Born This Way came out, she has been acting quite artsy and many times campy,which might have put off her casual listeners.

Wonder what would have happened if she had released "ARTPOP" in the first quarter of 2013. She woudn't have been compared to Katy, she would have had more space and things could have worked better for her ,but we can't turn back time and we never know.

SMILE2NE1
Just now, BloodyJudas said:

Off topic, I love the photo of Gaga you have as your profile picture :D She looks so freaking sexy in it :D

As far as Gaga's writing is concerned, she wasn't that serious and solemn about her work /music/lyrics at the beginning of her career.

Ever since Born This Way came out, she has started to act very artsy and many times campy,which might have put off her casual listeners.

Wonder what would have happened if she has released "ARTPOP" in the first quarter of 2013. She woudn't have been compared to Katy, she would have had more space and things could have worked better for her ,but we can't turn back time and we never know.

Thank you - it's from her at the AW show which was one of her fiercest looks and attitudes EVER - and I've been a fan since 08. 

I think it was still campy TFM tho - with the Hitchkock references or allusions to martyrs of fame. I think she got more literal as her career went on, and in my mind less poetic unfortunately. E.g. "some asshole broke me in, wrecked all my innocence" - I LOVE Diamond Heart, but that is just so cringeworthy. 

I agree though, that a lot of ARTPOP's perceived value was effected by the competition at the time - nonetheless though, I still think she's still too self-aware these days. She literally stated that she purposely makes music out on the edges of pop because that's what she does - different for the sake of different is something I find so faux pas. 

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

Nope, where did that come from lol. Just saying that the lyrics you quoted had more depth than you saw, which you also just indirectly validated with this comment 

Sis, I stanned Lana for a long time but some of her lyrics are vapidly shallow and bad. I literally unstanned because they got worse as time progressed. That's just the way it is.

BloodyJudas
1 minute ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

Thank you - it's from her at the AW show which was one of her fiercest looks and attitudes EVER - and I've been a fan since 08. 

I think it was still campy TFM tho - with the Hitchkock references or allusions to martyrs of fame. I think she got more literal as her career went on, and in my mind less poetic unfortunately. E.g. "some asshole broke me in, wrecked all my innocence" - I LOVE Diamond Heart, but that is just so cringeworthy. 

I agree though, that a lot of ARTPOP's perceived value was effected by the competition at the time - nonetheless though, I still think she's still too self-aware these days. She literally stated that she purposely makes music out on the edges of pop because that's what she does - different for the sake of different is something I find so faux pas. 

I agree with you on many points and I think you're a smart guy :) I like your approach and your wise statements.

I have been a fan since the Telephone era and I have been totally engrossed in her artistry ever since!!! Not only is she an accomplished successful musician, she is a great human being that you wish you could hang out with :)

The problem with Gaga is she was so big and ubiquitous after the Born This Way era that she kind of wanted more, you could feel she had this insatiable appetite for fame. She wanted to create iconic music and moments with ARTPOP but her perfect plan fell through. She got lost and it dawned on her fame was getting the better of her. So many fair-weather friends stabbed her in the back. She was left stranded. She had to step back and she had no other choice left but watch her career from the sidelines. I think she has changed dramatically over the past few years. She has matured and she now doesn't want to miss out on her youth-she is taking her time, she deeply cherishes her family decicating most of her free time to her family members. I want her to be happy and I hope she will soon find the one who will finish her sentences :)I bet she would like to become a mother in a couple of years :)

BloodyJudas
6 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Sis, I stanned Lana for a long time but some of her lyrics are vapidly shallow and bad. I literally unstanned because they got worse as time progressed. That's just the way it is.

Same here dude, I was fasctinated with her phenomenon when she came out with "Born To Die". I purchased the album and I played it very often but then things started to get worse and I didn't even start to feel like her fan ;)

BloodyJudas
13 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Sounds like a Nicki Minaj's verse :sweat:

SMILE2NE1
13 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Okay cool, but the lyrics you quoted were from her earlier albums. 

BloodyJudas
Just now, SMILE2NE1 said:

Okay cool, but the lyrics you quoted were from her earlier albums. 

Born To Die is her best album to date!!! 

Helxig

I feel like most of them wouldn't mesh very well with her in the studio, because she's really into creating art, and she can be somewhat stubborn. Most musicians these days are just here for the paycheck and their reputation.

Would it help her career? Yes.

But I'm not sure she would even finish a studio session with a lot of these artists, unless they could get as deep into the music as she does.

She's spoken about how careful she is about collaborating, and how she had to really mesh with Florence and loved that she was just as passionate about creating meaningful art. And she's scrapped sessions before because they weren't working out... see: collaborations with Azaelia Banks and Cher...

Realistically she would probably struggle to work with them, feel like a sell out for not writing music that means anything to her, and scrap the sessions entirely. And then all the fans from both sides would get suuuuuuper pissed off at her and attack her for it because they'd been teased about a collab. And we don't need any more meltdowns...

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived