đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

question

Should Gaga collaborate more with contemporary artists?

BloodyJudas

Featured Posts

Bloody Matt
5 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

So why hasn't she scored a smash hit since 2011??? With "She can't complain" I meant if she stays this way and doesn't bring anything interesting to the game, she should not be surprised she doesn't slay the charts Never sad she complained out loud!!!

She had a hit in 2013 with Applause + DWUW did pretty good even without a video and would have done even better with a video. Then GUY and PI flopped, but how could have those songs done good tbh? MR is not over yet and the public has shown love for it. It's not even as near to bad as what you guys are portraiting it to be tbh. 

Ps: I'm absolutely not against a collab tho if it makes sense. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
swordstalker

For the most part, no. It would be a waste of all the rebranding she's done in the last 2+ years. In fact, she needs to start moving away from pop because she's approaching her best before date very quickly, as crude as that sounds. She needs to start moving in the rock direction. Pop music will chew you up and spit you out, unless you're Madonna/P!nk/etc. by a certain age. Anyway, she has yet to show her writing talents outside the pop world and I really want to see it. 

MaryJaneHolland
9 minutes ago, komr said:

No thanks, I don't wanna hear lyrics like "I'm the queen of rap, old Lady Gaga  run pop" in Gaga song  :emma:

wrist icicle, driving pu$$y wagon :trollga:

BloodyJudas
3 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Gaga's brand is 'different', Gaga's brand is more outcast or rebellious. 

"...t's just that she has built a career on being a different and non-conventional figure in pop music - collaborating with the hot acts of the moment doesn't reflect that brand.

And now all she puts out is not that different than stuff put out by her contemporaries. Now she lacks creativity and brilliant ideas she once had.

If Katy released a video like the ones for "Perfect Illustion" or "Million Reasons" you all would be like -how simple and bland that is but since it's Gaga -it's ART and POP in one. Double standards , I detect.

BloodyJudas
1 minute ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

well, RIP Gaga's career, then

I love you <3 Your comment literally cracked me up :D

Dominic
3 minutes ago, swordstalker said:

For the most part, no. It would be a waste of all the rebranding she's done in the last 2+ years. In fact, she needs to start moving away from pop because she's approaching her best before date very quickly, as crude as that sounds. She needs to start moving in the rock direction. Pop music will chew you up and spit you out, unless you're Madonna/P!nk/etc. by a certain age. Anyway, she has yet to show her writing talents outside the pop world and I really want to see it. 

I don't see why everyone thinks rock will save her career. The rock scene won't really embrace her because she's still Lady Gaga and the audience for rock is less compared to pop. If people want her to go down the rock route then you'd have to prepare yourself for less theatrics, promo and appearances.  She can hold a career in rock but it's not going to propell her into super stardom again like some believe. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Bloody Matt said:

She had a hit in 2013 with Applause + DWUW did pretty good even without a video and would have done even better with a video. Then GUY and PI flopped, but how could have those songs done good tbh? MR is not over yet and the public has shown love for it. It's not even as near to bad as what you guys are portraiting it to be tbh. 

Don't get your hope too high for MR though... I don't see  see her doing more promo for it to be honest... It already lost momentum and the video doesn't help at all...

I think she should focus on her next single...

Concerning PI, I think it could have done amazing in charts if she would have done some good promo for it. She had radio support and great views on the video for this one... If PI would have had more success, I think it would have been far easier for MR to do better in charts tbh...  

swordstalker
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

well, RIP Gaga's career, then

Why? Plenty of artists outside the pop world do fantastically. She's definitely of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Sting, Rolling Stones caliber. Given her established brand and many people realizing that she has great promise outside the pop world, I think she'll do well. How is doing pop forever a formula for longevity? 

KinneyUnderYou
Just now, GrandeVersace said:

Ι actually think Ariana suits more Madonna's style that's why they'll collaborate. I don't know if she would suit Gaga because she's more mature.

I don't expect a pop collaboration between them at all. Perhaps a upbeat ballad, because both artists are my favorites to me.

BloodyJudas
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

I don't see why everyone thinks rock will save her career. The rock scene won't really embrace her because she's still Lady Gaga and the audience for rock is less compared to pop. If people want her to go down the rock route then you'd have to prepare yourself for less theatrics, promo and appearances.  She can hold a career in rock but it's not going to propell her into super stardom again like some believe. 

Completely agree with you ;) You would be a great preacher :)

1 minute ago, BloodyJudas said:

And now all she puts out is not that different than stuff put out by her contemporaries. Now she lacks creativity and brilliant ideas she once had.

If Katy released a video like the ones for "Perfect Illustion" or "Million Reasons" you all would be like -how simple and bland that is but since it's Gaga -it's ART and POP in one. Double standards , I detect.

Have you not been here to see the reactions to Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons? :smh: 

I actually like Perfect Illusion, I don't think it's basic at all. Well directed, great cinematography, fantastic colour scheme. I love the way the camera seemed to dance with her, there was an energy in the video and it came across like a fashion shoot to me.

I'd love to see Katy release a video like PI, her videos are always very pretty and very static. It's like a covergirl commercial. Not that there is anything wrong with that, she has a very strong aesthetic which is important for an artist to have.

I also think musically she is still different from what her contemporaries are offering. The unedited vocals, the one takes, the americana sound. 

I've said my piece on MR multiple times, so there is no point in going off topic about it here. I wouldn't like it regardless of whose video it was :smh: 

monketsharona
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

True !

Actually I think Lady Gaga could get much more success by being back in dance music, and mixing it with new sub-genres. It made her famous by doing it amazingly and getting her success in it. I'm pretty sure she'll have huge sucess if she makes something in the same vein as TF / TFM / BTW, but with new influences.

Archived