Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
charts

Chart Discussion: Million Reasons / Joanne

Noah

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
32 minutes ago, OBEY said:

I know it's always cool to see the pure sales but i mean.... we are in 2017, not much peope buy music anymore except when it comes to big artists like Adele, Ed Sheeran, Taytay... so, i mean it's bad but i understand why SPS is now the "real" sales.

STILL, i will say it : real sales should weight a bit more on the charts; if a person streams the song and a person buys the song; 2 different things, and a real buy should weight more for the hot 100.

A real buy does weigh more on the Hot100. They actually changed it almost a year ago so the real sale can weigh more than streams and Radio.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

A real biy does weigh more on the Hot100. They actually changed it almost a year ago so the real sale can weigh more than streams and Radio.

They did? i thought someone here did some ratio and it was something like : sales 22% and rest were streaming and radioΒ :duck:

--------

Btw im mad, Majic 100 an ontario canadian station was supporting MR so much weeks ago and now they wont even play it :emma:Β 

JusKeepBreathin
16 minutes ago, OBEY said:

They did? i thought someone here did some ratio and it was something like : sales 22% and rest were streaming and radioΒ :duck:

--------

Btw im mad, Majic 100 an ontario canadian station was supporting MR so much weeks ago and now they wont even play it :emma:Β 

I remember the change because that's when Focus fell completely off the charts. But I don't know it change after that.

Edit:

My mistake it must have been something else I was thinking if for Focus, but the Formula was changed in 2013.Β 

The formula of the Hot 100 is predominantly made up from sales and airplay. Sales contributes 35-45 percent with airplay adding 30-40 percent and streaming 20-30 percent.Β 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

At least the good candian sis 89.9 FM is still playing it !

8:44PM MR

6:16PM MR

9:21AM MR

1:06AM MR

:giveup:Β 

BuzzcutSeason

Did they ever try pushing this song towards country radio? I know its not fully a country song but the song would shine so much brighter if they pushed it in the right direction.

nick4bty

Pushing it to country radio would've required extra resources and probably a "feat. Hillary Lindsay" add onto the song.Β 

They should've at least sent it to Triple A and AC.

JusKeepBreathin
2 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

Pushing it to country radio would've required extra resources and probably a "feat. Hillary Lindsay" add onto the song.Β 

They should've at least sent it to Triple A and AC.

Absolutely! Not sending MR to triple AAA and AC was a big fail for this song.Β 

When was MR sent to US radios? was it a bit late?

I mean, Ariana announces Everyday as 4th singles and not even a week after its already sent to some radio formats, meanwhilei have the feeling Gaga's team is sometimes too late idk :oprah:Β 

JusKeepBreathin
32 minutes ago, OBEY said:

When was MR sent to US radios? was it a bit late?

I mean, Ariana announces Everyday as 4th singles and not even a week after its already sent to some radio formats, meanwhilei have the feeling Gaga's team is sometimes too late idk :oprah:Β 

Well it's about time the first three single release dates for Ariana were garbage.

JustAnotherDay
51 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Absolutely! Not sending MR to triple AAA and AC was a big fail for this song.Β 

HAC and AC always impact at the same time, but AC takes a long time to grow and a song will usually peak there months after it has peaked on pop/HAC. Β It definitely should have impacted Triple A, Country (with a remix), and Rythmic (with a remix). I don't know why they haven'tΒ 

was NickARTPOP

nick4bty

A Little Big Town remix would be huge imo. With a proper country feature or remix this song would blow up on country radio I feel

2 minutes ago, nick4bty said:

A Little Big Town remix would be huge imo. With a proper country feature or remix this song would blow up on country radio I feel

At this point i feel like Million Reasons wouldnt blow up anywhere :gum:Β 

Americano

Let's not with the remixes lol and she would've had no success on AAA

Top 40/HAC/AC are the only formats it has a chance and that's where it was sentΒ 

Edge Of Venus
7 hours ago, NickARTPOP said:

Gaga could have a hit single if she wanted, it is obvious that she doesn't care about commercial success at this point

This is complete bullshit. If she doesn't want success then why the hell did she do countless radio interviews and extensive worldwide promo?

• Haroon locked this topic

Archived