what era would you want the super bowl halftime show to take place on

Dread Monster

era  

87 members have voted

1. 1. era

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, A Gaga Lad said:

the NFL rushed the talks after hearing Joanne, so that

I think it's so curious that the album was good enough for them to do that. Very cool.

3 points in and ready for more

1 minute ago, Miel said:

It's interesting to look back on the visual and sonic aesthetic of Born This Way. Like, I know a lot of it is 90's gay club, alienistic haute couture, eurotrash BDSM dungeon influenced, but a lot of it is also distinctively very Americana at heart.

If I had to use a really contrived metaphor, it's like Joanne's older liberal arts major sibling who frequents classic rock-based gay dive bars.

Now that would have been incredible to see on the SB stage.

Isn't it amazing? I think about that 'sonic meshing' quite a lot. Those two styles would struggle to be anymore different than they are, but it works. Such a phenomenal record and era, really.

I actually love that metaphor a lot lol. So fitting.

4 minutes ago, Miel said:

It's interesting to look back on the visual and sonic aesthetic of Born This Way. Like, I know a lot of it is 90's gay club, alienistic haute couture, eurotrash BDSM dungeon influenced, but a lot of it is also distinctively very Americana at heart.

If I had to use a really contrived metaphor, it's like Joanne's older liberal arts major sibling who frequents classic rock-based gay dive bars.

Now that would have been incredible to see on the SB stage.

I kind of really understand what you're saying. If you took away ARTPOP it would almost be like the albums in her career are related; The Fame and The Fame Monster are obviously linked and Joanne and BTW could have connections. Joanne and BTW both discuss similar themes whether it be with Gaga personally or talking about the world or America. The visuals of Joanne and BTW are different but there are sounds and themes on these albums that follow the same path

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Isn't it amazing? I think about that 'sonic meshing' quite a lot. Those two styles would struggle to be anymore different than they are, but it works. Such a phenomenal record and era, really.

I actually love that metaphor a lot lol. So fitting.

Right? What an amazing time.

2 minutes ago, princetomc said:

I kind of really understand what you're saying. If you took away ARTPOP it would almost be like the albums in her career are related; The Fame and The Fame Monster are obviously linked and Joanne and BTW could have connections. Joanne and BTW both discuss similar themes whether it be with Gaga personally or talking about the world or America. The visuals of Joanne and BTW are different but there are sounds and themes on these albums that follow the same path

About a week ago, I listened to BTW right before Joanne, and it really worked.

Like, in terms of sound alone, hearing it go from TF-TFM-ARTPOP-BTW-Joanne really works, haha.

3 points in and ready for more

Delulu Rogers

Born this Way. Imagine that castle, motorcycle, alien head thing and her coming out of the egg thing all at he Super Bowl 

TFM era during Feb. 2011 would've been the best cause of her populatity, singles, BTW debut, etc. The BTW era would made her too overrated unless it was in 2013. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived