Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
achievement

Rolling Stones : 20 Best Pop Albums this year

Monsterious

Featured Posts

Monsterious

#7 Joanne  Lady Gaga 

Lady Gaga promised country-pop for her fifth studio album Joanne, but actually served up an excellent slice of acoustic pop that was part Seventies FM, part Nineties alternative. From the driving "Diamond Heart" to the excellent ballad "Million Reasons," Gaga's soft-rock transformation takes the pop star into a new direction without losing her flair for the dramatic and penchant for the kitschy. Those moments of fusion – like the novelty country-dance tune "John Wayne" and Beck co-penned masturbation banger "Dancin' in Circles" – are where the pop diva thrives, finding a character to embody and then letting the music tell a new story. B.S.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/20-best-pop-albums-of-2016-w455459/lady-gaga-joanne-w455570

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester

Those two songs are always my favorite pair :music:

Congratulations, Gaga! You did good :applause:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

FATCAT
11 minutes ago, JamesonBaptism said:

Funny cause the German Rolling Stone named Joanne one of the absolute WORST albums of 2016 and even used her as the title picture for the article - I was so mad..:madge:

https://www.rollingstone.de/finger-weg-die-absolut-schlechtesten-alben-des-jahres-2016-1162979/

Out of interest, should they not have some sort of "centralized" journalism?

Centralized journalism? They're separate entities with separate people writing articles haha. Besides, Germany has never liked Gaga. 

Purr more, hiss less.

DeanWinchester

Wait at Kitten being #17, I saw them live as opener for Paramore. They're good!

G#, Cut it Out, Kill the Light and Chinatown >>>>>>

:rockstar:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester

Good job to Ariana Grande and Rihanna, as well! Havent listened to Emotion Side B but congratulations!

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Anderson123

About time The Pet Shop Boys made it into a list. The album was not my favorite this year but it's nice to see it in there.

16. Perfume, 'Cosmic Explorer'

QUEENS

I DID NOT EXPECT THAT WOW

mo.jpg

I'm glad to see Dangerous Woman, Emotion Side-B, and Glory all on there too; all fantastic albums I've been listening to nonstop since they came out.  Maybe I should check out some of the others listed

Archived