Gaga: I want this to be about my life and not just visuals @MillionReasons

Noah X

Featured Posts

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monstereo
6 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Total nonsense. An over acted, poorly directed, fake behind the scenes music video is no more "about your life" than an over elaborate music videos in which you overdose (Mary The Night), or in which you are killed and your money stolen is by businessmen (GUY), or in which you are limping through a tunnel of light with a prosthetic leg (Applause.)

Creating compelling visuals and creating personal visuals to accompany her music aren't two different things. She should be doing both.

THIS

IA 100%

Reality
3 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Total nonsense. An over acted, poorly directed, fake behind the scenes music video is no more "about your life" than an over elaborate music videos in which you overdose (Mary The Night), or in which you are killed and your money stolen is by businessmen (GUY), or in which you are limping through a tunnel of light with a prosthetic leg (Applause.)

Creating compelling visuals and creating personal visuals to accompany her music aren't two different things. She should be doing both.

One of the main purposes of this album was to really focus on the music. Now, that's not to say that she's hasn't for previous albums, she certainly has, but with this album, it doesn't necessarily need all the theatrics and extravagant outfits.

That's why she only wore crop tops and jean shorts during the PI era; it was because she wanted to focus on the music, and focus on promoting the music, not necessarily the visuals like her previous albums.

I know you're already going to say, "But that's what she's known for, that's what she does,", and while I completely agree, it's obvious that with this era we aren't going to get a lot of those same visuals. It's just not realistic with this album, nor does it fit the concept.

She's also said to let of previous eras, and while, difficult, she's always going to be a changing artist. If she believes the visuals for that video in particular needed to be at a minimum, then that's what she wanted to do. The main issue I'm seeing is that people wanted some more metaphorical or existential concepts through this video. Sorry, but that's not the direction this particular album is headed.

🃏🖤👹

There has to be something underneath the surface she's not telling us. She seems very lost and confused like where is she really going with this?

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

LePetitGAGABLover
12 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Say it louder for the delusional people in the back

giphy.gif

Delusional Aura
11 hours ago, M Monstre said:

She's also said to let of previous eras, and while, difficult, she's always going to be a changing artist. If she believes the visuals for that video in particular needed to be at a minimum, then that's what she wanted to do. The main issue I'm seeing is that people wanted some more metaphorical or existential concepts through this video. Sorry, but that's not the direction this particular album is headed.

Am no :interestinga:. The problem most of us have is that it's poorly directed and edited. We don't mind a simplistic video but at least have it done by a PROFESSIONAL so that it's polished. Simple can be beautiful. But the MR video is just simple. 

6 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

One of the main purposes of this album was to really focus on the music. Now, that's not to say that she's hasn't for previous albums, she certainly has, but with this album, it doesn't necessarily need all the theatrics and extravagant outfits.

That's why she only wore crop tops and jean shorts during the PI era; it was because she wanted to focus on the music, and focus on promoting the music, not necessarily the visuals like her previous albums.

I know you're already going to say, "But that's what she's known for, that's what she does,", and while I completely agree, it's obvious that with this era we aren't going to get a lot of those same visuals. It's just not realistic with this album, nor does it fit the concept.

I don't agree with anything you said.

You and Gaga are buying into antiquated ideas of what this style of music (Americana, Rock, Country) can accommodate in terms of visual companionship. It's artistically-lazy.

I'm not saying she needs to bring back hyper-queer avant-garde imagery. Just compelling and fresh visuals.

30 minutes ago, Matt Amor said:

honestly my problem isn't how it's personal but instead about how badly directed it is, how basic it is and how boring it is. 

EXACTLY. Ever since TEOG video she's had issues using directors for her vidoes (aside from Applause, which is very obviously done by a professional - I&V). I don't really have any issues with the concept of this video, just the execution, which would be solved by hiring a real director.

www.brianhowarddesign.com

He8MyHeart
19 minutes ago, monstereo said:

Excuse you

Now THIS is how you make a personal vid for a ballad

Omg I forgot how much I loved this video :heart:

SEXODUS

Much deeper look at who I am? :saladga:

How is it having a party with a bunch of fans in the desert and getting a gift from your sister, playing a guitar dressed in pink something deeper and more personal than accepting your body, your crazier sides, your flaws and whole being as shown in the previous eras? I can't seem to conceive it. Or maybe creative and artistic laziness is where we're actually going. 

Reality
Just now, SKANK said:

I don't agree with anything you said.

You and Gaga are buying into antiquated ideas of what this style of music (Americana, Rock, Country) can accommodate in terms of visual companionship. It's artistically-lazy.

I'm not saying she needs to bring back hyper-queer avant-garde imagery. Just compelling and fresh visuals.

I'm not saying that this genre of music warrants simple (and to some people, lazy) visuals. What I'm saying is that Gaga herself said that for this particular album, she wanted to really focus on promoting the music itself, not necessarily the outfits and stuff around it. I get what you're trying to say with "compelling and fresh visuals", but to a lot of people, that seems to equate to some more of that "hyper-queer avant-garde imagery".

Nowhere did I say that just because this style of music isn't the traditional pop we are used to hearing, we are entitled to simple visuals. 

🃏🖤👹

I was going to write something meaty but It'll look like I'm repeating myself, not worth it. Let's just say that even if she wants to make very personal videos (her previous videos are about her life wtf is she talking about?) if the execution is faulty, it ruins the whole thing.

Bloody hooker

It's rather interesting to see fans hate on a Gaga video. :oprah:

I like the video, and I have an okay sense of the deeper meaning of the video.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Archived