question

why didn't Billboard review Joanne?

Jinzo

Featured Posts

venusfly
6 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Gurl wtf.

Even Glory or Lady Wood have higher scores :madge:

There was even a thread on this site where we all rated the album and it ended up around the same score as on metacritic. It looks bad but its honestly what people actually think of the album when it comes down to it...

Lady Wood deserves a higher score.. it's cohesive and has a consistent theme, just because its electronic music doesn't mean its bad music and Gaga's past albums should teach us that. Joanne has no cohesive theme or production or message, which is a common complaint from the critics and the reason for its middling score. It's made out to be a tribute for her aunt but has songs about masturbation and social media etc. It just doesn't come together.

Glory has a high score just because she took critics by surprise by making an album that wasn't terrible, so I can agree with you on that one.

Drin Lon
1 minute ago, LG said:

There was even a thread on this site where we all rated the album and it ended up around the same score as on metacritic. It looks bad but its honestly what people actually think of the album when it comes down to it...

Lady Wood deserves a higher score.. it's cohesive and has a consistent theme, just because its electronic music doesn't mean its bad music and Gaga's past albums should teach us that. Joanne has no cohesive theme or production or message, which is a common complaint from the critics and the reason for its middling score. It's made out to be a tribute for her aunt but has songs about masturbation and social media etc. It just doesn't come together.

Glory has a high score just because she took critics by surprise by making an album that wasn't bad, so I can agree with you on that one.

Yes we rated the album and it came down to a similar result as the metacritic result, but if we had reviewed also the other 2 albums I mentioned they would have gotten a lower score than Joanne, so that comparison doesn't really make sense.

And no offense to you, but WTF. Honestly, truly :cryga:

Do you really think Lady Wood is a better album than Joanne...:icega:

Honestly if you read the negative reviews on Joanne they all focus on her persona and commenting on her changing styles continously on her albums rather than the music itself, and that honestly it's enough for me to not take them seriously.... AT ALL

I'm telling you that if any other new artist had done a similar album they would have been praised :madge:

venusfly
3 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Yes we rated the album and it came down to a similar result as the metacritic result, but if we had reviewed also the other 2 albums I mentioned they would have gotten a lower score than Joanne, so that comparison doesn't really make sense.

And no offense to you, but WTF. Honestly, truly :cryga:

Do you really think Lady Wood is a better album than Joanne...:icega:

Honestly if you read the negative reviews on Joanne they all focus on her persona and commenting on her changing styles continously on her albums rather than the music itself, and that honestly it's enough for me to not take them seriously.... AT ALL

I'm telling you that if any other new artist had done a similar album they would have been praised :madge:

I do like Lady Wood more than Joanne :shrug: As I said before it just flows more nicely for me, I feel a cohesive album theme and it feels like a story progressing with each track like a good album should. I don't get that with Joanne. It's by no means a bad album at all but I just wouldn't say its deserving of critical acclaim because it's not. The surprise of it having 'real instruments' masked a lot of its flaws I think. 

Remove DIC (I know its a godly bop. but it doesnt fit in), PI &  Just Another Day and I think the album could score much higher. 

Archived