đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna is not a big influence on Gaga

Quark

Featured Posts

Bellatrix
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Even if she said that, she meant it in terms of impact and super stardom. But as far as artistry rock stars are a much bigger influence on Gaga.

Maybe bigger, but that doesn't mean Madonnas influence wasn't big like you're saying. You're delusional if you're denying it.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imwoahvicky
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I wouldn't call it huge though

lol ok

9FXPxMb.gif

you're telling me that Madonna, one of the major keys in Gaga's entire career who made her an outstanding artist, didn't play a huge part?

9FXPxMb.gif

âšś Roll Deep âšś

2 minutes ago, M D N A said:

Maybe bigger, but that doesn't mean Madonnas influence wasn't big like you're saying. You're delusional if you're denying it.

I would call it normal moderate influence not big. The things that are supposedly inspired by Madonna are things that Gaga has done with many artists. And yet people don't say these other influences are big. There are only a few that are noticeably big influences on Gaga.

3 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

i'm not giving Madonna all the credit, I'm giving her credit where it's DUE

if you think Madonna WASN'T a big influence on Gaga, do you even know your artist?

some of you fans cant just accept a simple fact 

Yes, you are. You are implying that Madonna INVENTED Gaga. And that's not even remotely true. Of course I see the influence in Alejandro (Vogue, Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita) Born This Way (Express Yourself, also inspired by Respect Yourself, oops) but she also was inspired by Abba, just like Madonna. She was inspired by Michael Jackson's Black Or White and They Don't Really Care About Us for Born This Way.

As you can see I know my artist very well, thank you. I suggest you to F5 your knowledge of your fave too and expand your horizons a bit, much appreciated

tumblr_o7cyvpQoBf1rwuk64o1_500.gif

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

4 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

lol ok

9FXPxMb.gif

you're telling me that Madonna, one of the major keys in Gaga's entire career who made her an outstanding artist, didn't play a huge part?

9FXPxMb.gif

The Delusion. Gaga made herself an outstanding artist.

I have no idea why people compare Madonna to Gaga so much.

Gaga's early work resembles David Bowie's music so much. Just take a look at Retro dance freak, it resembles Bowie's music. Her entire Red and blue is almost totally different to what Madonna does and last, but not least, the song that started her career, Hollywood, is NOTHING that Madonna does. She was picked up by a talent spotter (can't recall her name) after she saw her perform Hollywood.

Almost all songs in which she puts the most soul (live ballads, acoustic/acapella versions) are not what Madonna does.

Lastly, Madonna is one of the most arrogant, selfish and rude person I have ever seen in the industry. Sure, she may behave with her fans or people that don't threaten her image, but the first time Gaga started to become successful, Madonna expressed her jealousy as best as she could.

imwoahvicky
Just now, Gohan said:

Yes, you are. You are implying that Madonna INVENTED Gaga. And that's not even remotely true. Of course I see the influence in Alejandro (Vogue, Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita) Born This Way (Express Yourself, also inspired by Respect Yourself, oops) but she also was inspired by Abba, just like Madonna. She was inspired by Michael Jackson's Black Or White and They Don't Really Care About Us for Born This Way.

As you can see I know my artist very well, thank you. I suggest you to F5 your knowledge of your fave too and expand your horizons a bit, much appreciated

tumblr_o7cyvpQoBf1rwuk64o1_500.gif

what's the point of even arguing if you think Madonna hasn't played a big part in influencing her? 

i know for a fact that other artists also influenced her, but Madonna was a big influence upon her lmao

âšś Roll Deep âšś

imwoahvicky
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

The Delusion. Gaga made herself an outstanding artist.

didn't use proper word choice since i didn't proofread. either way you get my point

âšś Roll Deep âšś

DeanWinchester
20 minutes ago, Enigma said:

this is a retroactive statement because they had a "feud". But look clearly on her career trajectory and she clearly aimed to be like Madonna. This is not up for debate. I am not stating Madonna is the ONLY influence, but she is a MAJOR one. And this is not shade in any way--yes, Gaga is talented in her own right but that doesn't mean Madonna isn't a good benchmark to be compared against.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Bellatrix
1 minute ago, Unwavering said:

I have no idea why people compare Madonna to Gaga so much.

Gaga's early work resembles David Bowie's music so much. Just take a look at Retro dance freak, it resembles Bowie's music. Her entire Red and blue is almost totally different to what Madonna does and last, but not least, the song that started her career, Hollywood, is NOTHING that Madonna does. She was picked up by a talent spotter (can't recall her name) after she saw her perform Hollywood.

Almost all songs in which she puts the most soul (live ballads, acoustic/acapella versions) are not what Madonna does.

Lastly, Madonna is one of the most arrogant, selfish and rude person I have ever seen in the industry. Sure, she may behave with her fans or people that don't threaten her image, but the first time Gaga started to become successful, Madonna expressed her jealousy as best as she could.

I see you haven't seen much of Madonna :ladyhaha:

1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

this is a retroactive statement because they had a "feud". But look clearly on her career trajectory and she clearly aimed to be like Madonna. This is not up for debate. I am not stating Madonna is the ONLY influence, but she is a MAJOR one. And this is not shade in any way--yes, Gaga is talented in her own right but that doesn't mean Madonna isn't a good benchmark to be compared against.

Her trajectory is not like Madonna at all though.

2 minutes ago, Unwavering said:

BmGE9bM.gif

2 minutes ago, Unwavering said:

2u43h4w.gif

3 minutes ago, Unwavering said:

CiseIgJUkAAlgi2.jpg

Ladies, post of the year!

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

KURUSHITOVSKA

You don't know that much about Madonna's career. Those who know can see that she's been a huge influence, specially during the early years (2008-2010)

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

1 minute ago, M D N A said:

I see you haven't seen much of Madonna :ladyhaha:

Enough to know she's a **** to Gaga. Even more annoying given the fact that Gaga's more talented than her.

1 minute ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

You don't know that much about Madonna's career. Those who know can see that she's been a huge influence, specially during the early years (2008-2010)

Yes, and Bowie, along with others, were the people that influenced her more prefame era. And that matter more because she wasn't big then and a few wrong steps would cost her the career. Lets be fair, past Just dance she could have taken a different path and not be compared to Madonna this much today AND still be regarded as one of the best contemporary mainstream artists. You know how I know this? Cheek to cheek is the proof.

Madonna is a huge influence on Gaga and Gaga has even said so, though she has others as well. We all have many influences, two of mine are Madonna and Bowie and just because one is my most favorite, it never cancels out the others.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived