💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do You Still Think Ronson Was The Best Choice?

Not The Real Gaga

Do You Still Think Ronson Was The Best Choice?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. After the release of LG5/Joanne, I still think Mark Ronson was the best producer-choice for Gaga

• Agree
    • Disagree
    • Don't know
    • No opinion

Featured Posts

freebit

This rock/folk influence is different than anything in Mark's oeuvre, but I think the album turned out good - though this sort of music doesn't really seem like it's his area of expertise, thus, I think there could possibly have been some missed opportunities here. Of the people that come to mind, I think Brandon Flowers or Ariel Rechtshaid (he's worked with HAIM, Vampire Weeked, Sky Ferriera, and Brandon Flowers himself) could have helped expand upon it more.

Gaga and Mark make an undeniably strong writing team, so in any case, I'm glad that they became accustomed to one another because I really would love to see them writing together in the future. Joanne (the song) is by far the most beautifully written song she's ever done. She's had some straight up amazing songs for sure, but they've never been so genuinely moving as Joanne IMO. It's a personal best for both of them. That part that goes, "...and honestly, I know where you're going" after all that buildup is just so simple, yet quietly affecting in a way that she's never been before. The way the song is setup is perfect.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH, upon first hearing of their collaborating, I wasn't too thrilled...

But! After hearing the album, it definitely makes sense! They worked so well together and really created something different than anything either one had previously made, which I do believe was the goal. They succeeded. :heart: 

❀ x ❀

migamiga

IT didn't excite me I found out they were working together and it didn't necessarily excite me when I listened to the record :madge:

The best production bits were added by bloodpop and Kevin parker

Glamourpuss

I think the album could have been better. I do like it and I do think he was the best person for an album with a more retro sound because that's sort of his niche, but I think some songs aren't mixed well and I also think that some songs would have been phenomenal if one of her previous producers had worked on it. 

However, I don't think she should work with the same people every time.  I like that she has tried something new. I just hope next time she does a lot more with Beck and Kevin Parker.

Archived