Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
event

Gaga at 2016 American Music Awards

Stef

Featured Posts

doppelganger
2 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Gaga received a number of applause and flopsters here think she failed her performance :saladga:

i know right? she got a standing ovation ! 

She's giving theatrics with the staging, without compromising what the Joanne era is all about (vocals, live instruments).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This album is not about big concepts and cryptic stuff. This is not the Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way or ARTPOP. THIS IS JOANNE. How many times do you want to hear that...?

Anastasia

My favourite artists would go on stage in jeans and tshirts and just play their music as best they could, the most exciting thing is waiting for their improv or just hearing their live mistakes or sound in person. The fact that these days you need to be completely shocking with fashion, body, and dancing as well as over exciting enough for the GP to take notice and give respect is pathetic. 

FATWIFE, First Lady Of GGD

Voltaire

Loved this performance so much. The set was gorgeous. She was gorgeous. They never cut away from her, completely glued. Love love love. 

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

ZiggyZiggs
1 minute ago, LetsGetHigh said:

You guys think Americans would be "electrified" with yet another crazy performance? It's been overdone. Look at Katy, Nicki and Miley. They milked that **** after Gaga did it.

No American would say "omg look what Gaga is doing at this award show!!!" because they already expect something insane at all award shows. But they will say "Holy ****, look how beautiful and simple Lady Gaga is! And she can sing and play the guitar!!"

Move on w/ your lives. All you do is nag all the time.

THISSSSS

5 minutes ago, jinko said:

????? It was literally good? Also, you gotta stop living up to your username sis, it's getting pitiful :lolly:

2 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Uugh, Sting's stylist needs to be fired what a boring outfit! He could have used this opportunity to slay with a crazy outfit and score all the headlines. Also it's just him and a guitar?? How boring I wanted to see him slay some choreography :giggle: 

Sting did really well :applause: He has still got it.

(Also the above was a joke, don't come for me - I know Gaga has presented herself as an avant garde fashion icon with highly theatrical choreographed performances while Sting has never attempted to be that)

It's cute when even Moderators get in on personal attacks when people are sharing their opinions about a Lady Gaga performance on a Lady Gaga fan site.

I loved the set and her actually doing some good guitar strumming was a pleasant surprise, I wish there would have been some elements of the SNL performance in there but oh well

Blackwillow
2 minutes ago, boobtank said:

Never mentioned anything about her talent. Just wasn't a great performance for me, it wasn't a terrible one either. 

Sis what? 

Reality
9 minutes ago, SKANK said:

When she sang Brown Eyes she wore a living dress that moved independently from her body. When she performed Speechless she was playing a piano that was on fire. When she performed Hair she was bald and played a piano made of hair. When she performed Edge of Glory she wore a wig that was tied to a model of The Eiffel Tower.

The song being a ballad is not an excuse for a boring performance, if anything a mundane song like Million Reasons requires a little heavy lifting from some added performance art.

The scenery was beautiful! Her outfit was gorgeous, it 1000% fit the theme and concept Million Reasons had going for it. If you're going to talk about changing the set, we'll, she changed it. She created a whole entire, beautiful scene around and behind her. 

It's also a more emotional song, granted, while all of those songs mentioned above are emotional in their own right, Million Reasons is different in the sense that it doesn't need anything extra. 

The production itself is also simple compared to those songs listed above. It's a different kind of ballad that doesn't need anything else. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

• Guest locked this topic

Archived