Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Anyone else find Joanne underwheling?

PeterPan

Featured Posts

nope, don't think so at all. 

I'm actually glad Gaga decided to come up with a completely different sound this time around. her previous albums kind of belong to the same genre of complicated concepts and high energy, while Joanne for the most part is a very simple, soft and calming record. it sounds perfect when I'm in the mood for it. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HORRORHOLIC

I'm still a huge Gaga fan but I just don't like this particular album. The whole fake southern accent/country influence really turned me off of it.

But she's still a great talent and I'm sure I'll love the next album :)

Mary Jane Wayne

It's actually a great album but not as addicting as her previous releases. It is not filled with songs you can bop to 24/7 (minus  John Wayne and Dancin in Circles :lolly:) so I don't see myself rushing to play it. But at the end of the day, we shouldn't downplay Joanne and its quality. It is still a very solid effort. I feel like  it's been her most polarizing album yet (even more than ARTPOP) 

It's iconic, I wasn't too sure about it when it first released, but I love it. It's another Gaga era that nobody was expecting. :sara:

Roomingfree77

Does anybody ever look at the total package of this album and marvel what an incredible tour that will come to stage like I do?  :staymad:

15 hours ago, boneknuckleskin said:

Absolutely underwhelming and a total flop. No desire to listen to it or to even see her live next year at this point. I admire Lady Gaga's immense talent, but she and I are growing apart. 

Maybe LG6 will win us back over

Gagas love

Her outfits and her performances have been so basic. I can't deal. Her vocals on point tho. And her choice of venues and **** are so not her. She doesn't belong there. I think her manager holds her back from things. Like she's trying out a certain type of image for a while and honestly it's too GP related. Shes literally making amazing music but she is Gaga and I think she can be Avante garde in a very unique way. But I think she needs to lose the hat and move on to a new object because the music is being muffled by the uninspired bits. The Joanne performance of Japan was not great. I get the song is beautiful and it deserves to be paid attention to. But we have seen the old guitar and singer and spotlight. Why is she so with the system. Wheres the rebellion? ARTPOP ARTPOP. Wherefore art thou ARTPOP 

Gagas love
12 hours ago, Roomingfree77 said:

Does anybody ever look at the total package of this album and marvel what an incredible tour that will come to stage like I do? 

Ugh I'm scared. I hope it's not all "stripped down"  her brand is unique and for her to be wasting the performances with such minimal art to enhance the music, it's just so sad. But it's important I guess. She will return with the next album. I just don't see what's so wrong with staying true to your nature. She's Avante garde. She's not Joanne. 

FinnishGypsy

For those who feel underwhelmed because they feel like "Joanne" is not avante-garde or Gaga-esque enough: I understand completely why you would feel that way if you've been a long time fan. However, I think this toned down switch was necessary for her career. She has been incredibly polarizing since the beginning, and this began to significantly impact her likability among the general public since BTW, and continued drastically during AP.

Thus, I believe C2C and Joanne were very much needed to regain the respect of the GP; in fact, I don't know if she would have gotten the Superbowl gig otherwise (lately, between Katy Perry and two years of Bruno Mars, they've played it VERY safe with their selections).

I also miss the "old" Gaga, but nevertheless I still love the current Gaga. I also think since she constantly reinvents herself, we can expect a vast departure from the Joanne sound/image come LG6.

Either way, she's simply far too talented for me not to respect/purchase every album she releases, and I will never pass up the chance to see her live, as her live performances are always infinitely better than her album recordings.

Redstreak

Girl yes. I only kept like three songs and it's been like a week since I played one of them :rip: 

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I love Joanne, I love that she went more organic and analog as Ronson has put it, I love the rawness and nakedness of the music, especially vocals, I love that she used more guitars and even though she did this she managed to do it with a flare of modern electric music, I think its her most honest and best albums to date.

• 2 weeks later...
HORRORHOLIC

I just heard Joanne for the 1st time from start to finish. I'v said some pretty negative things about it in the recent past, I wen't against everything I always say and judged from reviews 1st. I love Perfect Illusion but then started hearing reviews about the fake southern accent (certain live clips showed that) and I made up my mind this album probably wasn't for me. 

Ooops!! I just heard the whole thing and other Come To Mama and Hey Girl I loved the whole thing. I didn't get the fake southern accent and the songs all sounded great. This is one of her best albums. 

Archived