Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is it time for Lana's 1989 (her first pure pop album)

Versace

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Radio Ga Ga
6 minutes ago, Versace said:

What about 

High By The Beach, Music To Watch The Boys To, Freak and Swan Song :giveup:

High by the beach was the only song I genuinely liked, I just couldn't get into the other ones. Swan song was a good song though... 

But the album was basically just not for me, waaaaay too slow

holy scheisse
1 minute ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

High by the beach was the only song I genuinely liked, I just couldn't get into the other ones. Swan song was a good song though... 

But the album was basically just not for me, waaaaay too slow

tbh honey moon was like her ARTPOP. a mix of everything shes already done but not even as good as the past material it built upon.

lana's lg5 reverse warholian expedition into a fresher sound may be upon us next

hausofgay

GoGo Dancer is her best song :wub:

My pronouns are fâg/fâggot. If you don't accept it you're homophobic 🥴🥴🥴😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Versace
1 minute ago, VAMP said:

Born to Die was already very pop in my opinion. Her best.

It was pop in the sense it had elements of pop here and there but I wouldn't call songs like

Born To Die, Video Games, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness (original) true pop songs, there more indie/alternative.

Yes, you have songs like Off To The Races, Lolita and National Anthem that are very pop but even then I wouldn't call them pure pop, I know the term sounds vague but I mean pop in the sense of Teenage Dream pop, 1989 pop. Something very infectious, dance material, vibrant and in your face I guess.

Her biggest hit to date is the Summertime Sadness remix which was reworked into an EDM song, I know it seems like a stretch for Lana to go for something very upbeat but Sia did it, she went from an indie artist to a global pop star. 

berlinforme

Totally here for that, didn't like Honeymoon too much but I'm a big fan of Born To Die and her unreleased songs. 

display name
Just now, Versace said:

It was pop in the sense it had elements of pop here and there but I wouldn't call songs like

Born To Die, Video Games, Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness (original) true pop songs, there more indie/alternative.

Yes, you have songs like Off To The Races, Lolita and National Anthem that are very pop but even then I wouldn't call them pure pop, I know the term sounds vague but I mean pop in the sense of Teenage Dream pop, 1989 pop. Something very infectious, dance material, vibrant and in your face I guess.

Her biggest hit to date is the Summertime Sadness remix which was reworked into an EDM song, I know it seems like a stretch for Lana to go for something very upbeat but Sia did it, she went from an indie artist to a global pop star. 

I get what you're saying. I guess I just can't see Lana going in that direction. It indeed worked with Sia, but most people didn't know her until "Titanium" really. Lana's got a rather large following now. I don't know if she'd be so risky. It could happen of course, but I just don't know or think so.

llove her albumes, but a pure pop Lana album would not hurt, i love her, i cant wait to see her live in 3 weeks :D

I am there as long as it is majorly different from her last and from her last album's videos, as well.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Pacify Him
36 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Just don't make another honeymoon plz, there are literally no interesting melody in that album 

You don't understand music... :madge:

I’m getting on your nerves

SlayMeToVenus
50 minutes ago, TheLucifer said:

22817396-Men-at-the-cinema-Excited-young

Who is this? He's really cute. :giveup:

I don't have a Diamond Heart.

Archived