Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

How do you feel bout the Nintendo Switch?

Seeka

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, VAMP said:

You keep being honest! Slay that roach because I needed another adventure mode!

Yeah, it's not a huge seller there. I think the Prime trilogy was actually made by American developers if I remember correctly. I can why it's not loved by Japanese Nintendo players.

Poor F-Zero did indeed die on the GameCube. The director of the series said he's waiting for a control scheme that he feels will fit the game. He doesn't think any of the more recent ones would have worked. **** that! If they can do Mario Kart, they can do it! It didn't even make sense with GameCube controller, but they still did it, and it was fun.

I don't really care he obviously favored Kid icarus, I wanted an amazing RPG adventure mode with Princess Peach being amazingly badass!

Oh wow, that explains it. Yeah I thought it seemed rather American (not saying that the Japanese haven't made similar games. the entire idea of Samus being a girl under that armor seems so Japanese) but yeah, Nintendo's audience, unlike Sony and Microsoft, is Japan, and not the world, it seems like. Like the world is on peripheary.

Oh my. It would make sense if he just didn't think a racing game would do well in Japan (most racing games are weirdly, made in Europe) but that reasoning is off. But even though I'm not a big fan of racing games, I do believe there should be a least a great big last hurrah for the series instead of just leaving it hanging on like ths weird stale note.

Have you ever thought of playing fan game/fanhacks?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
display name
Just now, Seeka said:

I don't really care he obviously favored Kid icarus, I wanted an amazing RPG adventure mode with Princess Peach being amazingly badass!

Oh wow, that explains it. Yeah I thought it seemed rather American (not saying that the Japanese haven't made similar games. the entire idea of Samus being a girl under that armor seems so Japanese) but yeah, Nintendo's audience, unlike Sony and Microsoft, is Japan, and not the world, it seems like. Like the world is on peripheary.

Oh my. It would make sense if he just didn't think a racing game would do well in Japan (most racing games are weirdly, made in Europe) but that reasoning is off. But even though I'm not a big fan of racing games, I do believe there should be a least a great big last hurrah for the series instead of just leaving it hanging on like ths weird stale note.

Have you ever thought of playing fan game/fanhacks?

I tried a few fan-made Metroid games (there are so many out there) and, I think, one Mario, but none of the ones I tried had me hooked. :/ 

1 minute ago, VAMP said:

I tried a few fan-made Metroid games (there are so many out there) and, I think, one Mario, but none of the ones I tried had me hooked. :/ 

That's understandable. Like it's hard to be captured by game that you know is not by the original people, and so it comes with the innate feeling of fakeness.

Like, I thought of making a LoZ fangame (despite not being that much into it) with Zelda as the heroine (because no one will speak of Wand of Gamelon) however, in order to capture people, I was going to go with the traditional turn based rpg battles, with regular puzzle solving, like Golden Sun.

LadyGagasGodSon

Imagine a Pokemon game that incorporates walking around into the game, like steps in 3DS but this time really in the game itself! So you can battle in a big screen like Pokemon Stadium but then do some Pokemon Go or PokeWalk with the portable handheld. :excited2: Please combine all the regions this time :neyde:

You are small men. You are not worthy to rule the Dothraki.

Just now, LadyGagasGodSon said:

Imagine a Pokemon game that incorporates walking around into the game, like steps in 3DS but this time really in the game itself! So you can battle in a big screen like Pokemon Stadium but then do some Pokemon Go or PokeWalk with the portable handheld. :excited2: Please combine all the regions this time :neyde:

I don't think we're ever gonna get a game with all regions. that would be a lotta content. I can see like that happening, but with DLC and the fact you'll probably have to dedicate an entire SD card to having all these regions.

The only thing I ask of a main console pokemon game is the badassery of Colosseum. GIVE ME WES AND RUI BACK PLEASE.

I'm pretty excited for it. At first I was very skeptical but then I saw the trailer and knew I had to get it:hor: 

And I'm SO excited for Breath of the Wild

display name
3 minutes ago, Seeka said:

That's understandable. Like it's hard to be captured by game that you know is not by the original people, and so it comes with the innate feeling of fakeness.

Like, I thought of making a LoZ fangame (despite not being that much into it) with Zelda as the heroine (because no one will speak of Wand of Gamelon) however, in order to capture people, I was going to go with the traditional turn based rpg battles, with regular puzzle solving, like Golden Sun.

Well, I think Metroid fans have a hard time being original. They try to think about what made Super Metroid so great, and they try to do the same thing again without changing much but the difficulty. If I play one more fan-made Metroid game with an intro involving Ridley taking the baby Metroid, I swear to God...

I think that Zelda could work as a heroine. I don't think there would be a need to do too much to capture people. I think it just needs to be clear that the game isn't just Link in a dress, y'know? The game would have to have its own identity and need to exist. Having more RPG elements could do that for sure. I feel like Skyward Sword was meant to go in that direction, but the developers didn't go all the way with it.

LadyGagasGodSon
Just now, Seeka said:

I don't think we're ever gonna get a game with all regions. that would be a lotta content. I can see like that happening, but with DLC and the fact you'll probably have to dedicate an entire SD card to having all these regions.

The only thing I ask of a main console pokemon game is the badassery of Colosseum. GIVE ME WES AND RUI BACK PLEASE.

I agree with the DLC thing hahaha I forgot to consider that the games are in SD cards lol :ladyhaha:

And YES alternate storylines is welcome at this point! Not that the typical gameboy games are bad, but even in Sun/Moon they're changing the gym/elite 4 system a bit already! 

You are small men. You are not worthy to rule the Dothraki.

homomo

Nintendo is my baby, and always will be. The Legend of Zelda franchise is one I will stand by until my death, and the new Zelda is being launched with the system. So, by all means I'm super excited. It also benifits me a lot, because I'm a sea cadet, and it's portableness will be an easy asset for me.

4 minutes ago, VAMP said:

Well, I think Metroid fans have a hard time being original. They try to think about what made Super Metroid so great, and they try to do the same thing again without changing much but the difficulty. If I play one more fan-made Metroid game with an intro involving Ridley taking the baby Metroid, I swear to God...

I think that Zelda could work as a heroine. I don't think there would be a need to do too much to capture people. I think it just needs to be clear that the game isn't just Link in a dress, y'know? The game would have to have its own identity and need to exist. Having more RPG elements could do that for sure. I feel like Skyward Sword was meant to go in that direction, but the developers didn't go all the way with it.

Maybe I could try to make a Metroid game, lols. I know nothing besides "Samus is a girl, and there are aliens..." That's about it, lols.

I think LoZ is a very appealing series since it mixes together JRPG elements with Western RPG elements.

Yeah that is what Wand of Gamelon was, I think Link in a dress. It also kind of needs a place in the timeline. Probably somewhere where Link doesn't exist. I don't wanna make it about Zelda saving a kidnapped Link.

I feel like Breath of Fire is going to be what Skyward Sword was ment to be, but without the linearity.

3 minutes ago, LadyGagasGodSon said:

I agree with the DLC thing hahaha I forgot to consider that the games are in SD cards lol :ladyhaha:

And YES alternate storylines is welcome at this point! Not that the typical gameboy games are bad, but even in Sun/Moon they're changing the gym/elite 4 system a bit already! 

Well the SD cards hold a lot more than discs, but imagine, every place from Kanto to Alola, all with updated content and their own fun things to do. I can't imagine how you fit all of that on one card. i mean, they would be more things added since Pokemon has gone utterly RPG here lately.

bionic

I have a feeling that the switch between TV/handheld will ultimately be a bit of a flop like the 3DS function on the 3DS was.

They better release an Animal Crossing game for it tho

buy bionic

RAMROD

Keep giving new Splatoon games, Zelda, Mario Krt, Megaman, and I am happy :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

3 hours ago, bionic said:

I have a feeling that the switch between TV/handheld will ultimately be a bit of a flop like the 3DS function on the 3DS was.

They better release an Animal Crossing game for it tho

The 3DS 3D function wasn't a flop persay. They just promoted it in an improper way. If their market was more realistic, there wouldn't be people calling it a flop.

However, if the marketing was more correct and realistic, the 3DS wouldn't have sold.

So it's a lose-lose situation either way.

For me, it isn't the functions, but the games. The 3DS is doing so well because the varitable amount of games it has, and the direct link to the nintendo market and its games.

bionic
2 minutes ago, Seeka said:

The 3DS 3D function wasn't a flop persay. They just promoted it in an improper way. If their market was more realistic, there wouldn't be people calling it a flop.

However, if the marketing was more correct and realistic, the 3DS wouldn't have sold.

So it's a lose-lose situation either way.

For me, it isn't the functions, but the games. The 3DS is doing so well because the varitable amount of games it has, and the direct link to the nintendo market and its games.

I should have made it clearer in my original post that I am talking about the way that not many games properly utilised the 3D function. Obviously there were literal physiological issues with the 3D function and optical vision (who doesn't remember the pre-release fear that those with glasses/contact lenses wouldn't be able to see the 3D lmao). The release of the 2DS seemed to just vindicate this further, so I'm afraid that the switch function won't be utilised fully.

Perhaps someone with a Wii U could say how the ability so switch between the TV and handheld tablet worked?

buy bionic

22 minutes ago, bionic said:

I should have made it clearer in my original post that I am talking about the way that not many games properly utilised the 3D function. Obviously there were literal physiological issues with the 3D function and optical vision (who doesn't remember the pre-release fear that those with glasses/contact lenses wouldn't be able to see the 3D lmao). The release of the 2DS seemed to just vindicate this further, so I'm afraid that the switch function won't be utilised fully.

Perhaps someone with a Wii U could say how the ability so switch between the TV and handheld tablet worked?

I don't think we're ever gonna get a proper 3-D utilisation for a while. I mean we have virtual reality now which solves all of that fortunately, but still.

While I don't have a Wii U, not many have bought it, which is why the Switch is only being released 3 years after the Wii U. The Wii U itself, is something more appealing to Japanese gamers than it was to Americans, as Japanese gamers didn't buy many home consoles (their handheld markets are booming, the PS4 was released there last, and the Xbox is a complete failure there) as they usually only have one television for the whole house.

Archived