Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna: "I have no need to defend myself"

yxi

Featured Posts

JevyDuty
1 hour ago, Nebulous said:

And? I never said she wasn't. Of course she's become a joke, and I find it sad. But my point is she still kicks most of the young pop girls' asses when it comes to performing and she has built a large career off of being a great songwriter (along with her artistic vision and performing skills). A few bad songs 30 years into her career doesn't erase the critical acclaim she has received for her writing and performing skills. And funnily enough, she was just nominated to the Songwriters' Hall Of Fame the other day. :classy:

What took her so long? Did she just start writting or something? The reason I ask is because Gaga been there, done that and she's relatively new to the scene compared to Madonna. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KURUSHITOVSKA
1 hour ago, LePetitMonstr said:

Bitch I'm Madonna has more writers than the Born This Way album, and has the most tragic lyrics ever, so yeah, I believe you.

get.gif

You can't judge her whole discography by Bitch I'm Madonna lmao! Like you won't judge Gaga's writing by Come To Mama. 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

DeanWinchester
25 minutes ago, Snow said:

Oh what a surprisingly comments in this topic... -_- 

A couple of things though. Firstly ppl say its pretentious or whatever to Post like this about handwriting and in The same time praise Gaga for her typewriter bs.

Secondly, this probably doesnt even have anything to do with Gaga

Thirdly, ppl praise Gaga for "finally defending herself" and now M is childish to defend herself?

Fourthly, I truly think Gaga didnt really mean to imply what she said about M not writing and playing instruments. However, it was still increbible rude and arrogant. Learn some respect to actual legends and earn you own respect. After like two hit albums, you are not a legend. And yeah, M is way superior songwriter to Gaga still... 

Oh and get if your High horse with Gaga's vastly superior musicality and composing compared to other artist. Its delusional. Shes not that special or different. And how hilarious time her boasting arrogantly of her own writing etc when Come to mama demo is released (and there plenty other examples). She isn't even primary writer on couple of Joanne tracks for crying oyt loud.

And lastly, how increbible rude and disrespectfull some of you are towards Madonna. A one if a kind megastar & legend. All these belittling of her achievements, age jokes & allaround pathetic disses. Crow up and come out of The Stan cult blindness and face some actual facts. 

I know this is futile on this site, but damn these double standards are from hell. Its insane how most excuse anything for Gaga and cant see that they do The opposite for everyone else.

SERIOUSLY CAN THIS M V.  GAGA STOP ALLREADY?! (And yeah, Gaga started it now). They truly are different and thats great. They can both exist and be enjoyed together or seperately.

Ps. Stop The double standards for f dake allready!

:applause::reductive:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

KURUSHITOVSKA
5 minutes ago, Larry Hill said:

What took her so long? Did she just start writting or something? The reason I ask is because Gaga been there, done that and she's relatively new to the scene compared to Madonna. 

Gaga won an ICON award, not one for her songwritting.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

DeanWinchester
14 minutes ago, Larry Hill said:

What took her so long?

You NEED 20 years minimum career longevity and relevance to be even considered :madge:

What Gaga won was an Icon award, not the actual induction to the Hall of Fame :madge::madge::madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

DeanWinchester

Madonna has been considered for induction by the Songwriter's Hall of Fame just a few days ago. This is why Gaga's comments seem dumb no matter how you spin it. I love Gaga but seriously. No matter the context. Gaga claiming she writes her own songs and that what Madonna is different (from writing songs), when Madonna is being nominated for the Hall of Fame that awarded Gaga the Icon award so many here praise is just :madge:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Is... is that blackface? 

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Muscletank

I wish people would understand that having a credit on a song doesn't mean you wrote the entire thing. For those that say oh Bitch I'm Madonna had several writers. Look at it like this: One person could have simply suggested "oh how about you go ooo oo oo oo ooo at the start". If she uses that, they get a credit. That's how the legal side of it works or else you open yourself up to lawsuits. One person could have written the bulk of the song, but if different people suggest tiny changes or even ONE word change, they get credited. That's how something that is perceived as such a simple bubblegum pop song can end up having many "writers".

I have NO doubt that both Madonna and Gaga are heavily involved in every step of the music they produce. Even if record companies pass them along a song, they rework it, adjust it to their own take on things and put their own personal stamp on it. I think it was a very defensive and ill advised thing for Gaga to say. Although in her defense, she is probably uber sensitive about Madonna comparisons and sick of them. But hey, that's showbusiness.

Rockets

She will never admit that Gaga is the ONLY female artist that has managed to make her feel insecure in her 30+ year carreer

She 

will

never

admit

it.

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

Americano25
1 hour ago, Larry Hill said:

Gaga wasn't inducted into it. You obviously don't know that an artist has to have been writing for over 20 years to qualify. 

Crystalline
1 hour ago, Larry Hill said:

Except Gaga wasn't inducted into it, she was only given an icon award by the SHOF. Meanwhile, Madonna was actually inducted into it. Gaga might follow in her footsteps in 20 years or something tho :reductive:

edit: and if I remember correctly, you have to be writing for quite some time before getting inducted, which Madonna has been doing :reductive: 

Archived