💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Father John Misty shares his demo of Come to Mama

M I M I Z

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, Alan123 said:

What a great song, and the demo sounds good. I kind of like Gaga's version better because it adds that feminine touch to it with the backing vocals and overall atmosphere of the song, not to mention her charm. They did a great job on it and I'm glad we got this on the album. I remember reading the album credits a couple of weeks ago but I forgot he was the main writer.

The song would have been so much better as a duet. It would have pushed the meaning of the song about coming together too. 

I think I like FJM's verses better but Gaga's chorus better. Honestly, a mix of Gaga's version and his would be perfect- I can't say one is necessarily better than the other! 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpookyKid
4 hours ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

I'm used to her writing the lyrics and the others writing the music, i was surprised but nothing else LOL

But she always as co-writers on the lyrics?? I don't know why many people are calling her an hypocrite, she did write part of it

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

4 hours ago, DrewPa said:

She "cleaned up" the track, "Freedom is a B*tch" became "Freedom can't be bought", and the title of course...

I wonder if it is to make it a Radio Friendly Single in the future, I think with a good video and promo it could be a hit

She also added "we're talking the same old ****." :ladyhaha:

Igor Hachul

Really? Am I the only one thinking it was impolite from him to share this?
It sounded like "hey world, let me show you the REAL song she's releasing today" :sweat:

Igor Hachul

2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

Looks like it. :(

Makes me wonder if she's even a talented songwriter. I know I'll get dragged for doubting her. But I've believed her for years and thought she did mostly everything by herself. I mean if Stefani can write Fever and all those other great tracks from the pre-fame era she can write everything else. But has she lost her talent? Is she only good at writing club songs now? :saladga:

She also didn't make Government Hooker, but she didn't pretend she did. The story is on the gagapedia page of the song if you want to read it. She creates the image of having more involvment in her work than she actually does. Donatella + Aura too. The Just Dance instrumental was also fully done and she just sang over it for example.

3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

She also didn't make Government Hooker, but she didn't pretend she did. The story is on the gagapedia page of the song if you want to read it. She creates the image of having more involvment in her work than she actually does. Donatella + Aura too. The Just Dance instrumental was also fully done and she just sang over it for example.

truth.

www.brianhowarddesign.com

Tellerphone

I'm concerned about this . She didn't really change much of anything. This could be another TIHTY fiasco and embarrass her since she's been going on about writing everything. We don't need anymore negative crap happening in this era.

42 minutes ago, Igor Summerboy said:

Really? Am I the only one thinking it was impolite from him to share this?
It sounded like "hey world, let me show you the REAL song she's releasing today" :sweat:

Yeah it's really disrespectful. It's as if Sia leaked her Diamonds demo on the same day Rihanna release the song... That's rude.

Anderson123
2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

Looks like it. :(

Makes me wonder if she's even a talented songwriter. I know I'll get dragged for doubting her. But I've believed her for years and thought she did mostly everything by herself. I mean if Stefani can write Fever and all those other great tracks from the pre-fame era she can write everything else. But has she lost her talent? Is she only good at writing club songs now? :saladga:

If you look at the credits of ALL of her albums, you will see that she co-writes and co-produces the songs, but there are also more people involved in the project, she's the main writer on most of them. RedOne, Garibay, DJ White Shadow, Mark Ronson, Hillary, etc. They all work together on the song, they change the structure of it, some words, some hooks, etc. That's how it works in the industry. It's not like Gaga does everything by herself, she obviously sometimes gets help from other people, it's a collaboration. And you see an example of this on the Making of Ayo video that she posted yesterday. 

Gaga is a talented artist and she's very involved in her music, we know she's very picky. We've seen a lot of cancelled duets because she probably didn't feel they were going the direction she wanted or wanted to change a lot of things (Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, Greatest Thing, etc.) and some producers have said that she's generous that has given them credit with just the minimum involvement they had in a song.

Anyway, you guys are seeing too much into this, it's not like they all tell her to just open her mouth and sing to what they came up with and arrange that, like many other popstars.

22 minutes ago, FreeAsMyARTPOP said:

I was jamming to this until he made it private :neyde:

i regret im so lazy i didnt downloaded earlier 

SummerGirl21

uhhhhhhh. i like this version so much more. it's just more interesting. 

and she definitely changed enough of it to have a writing credit. people need to calm down. 

Queen Gloria

I love this because I love Come To Mama, but Gaga definitely added her magic to it. Her version is much better, but I appreciate hearing where it started. 

Archived