💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"A-yo" song discussion

Haroon

Featured Posts

17 hours ago, Gaga of Time said:

Noob. She says "G-G-Get you shook up"

i still adamant its '****ed up', if i hear headphones i can clearly hear the 'f'

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the only track I can't get into fully. It actually puts a damper to the start of the record for me, as Diamond Heart is fire, and then the album stalls with this track (because I don't like it as much as I should).

The weird thing is, the production is actually fantastic on this song. I love the guitar, and the groove is nasty (in a wonderful way). So the flow of the song is actually great.

What I really don't like the is the actual "a-yo" part. I find it to be annoying and almost grating. 

Which is frustrating. I feel like the more I listen to the song, the more I like the overall production of the song. It's weird for something so small to bother me. But it is the chorus after all.

I also question how it fits into the record musically. When put up next to Diamond Heart and Joanne, it seems like such an oddity. Like her holding on to past sounds for the sake of a single. Even John Wayne makes sense because it goes from Diamond Heart to Joanne, and then builds up to John Wayne (which is a more epic / bombastic track, but unlike A-Yo it stays within the musical style of the other tracks).

Just my thoughts. Totally respect people that love it. Because there are some amazing aspects of the song. Like I can listen to the song on its own, and find myself liking 90% of it. So I get why people love it.  

Hi guys! I need help :giveup: Spanish is my first lenguage, so I have a doubt about the lyrics of A-YO.

I don't understand the line "Mirror on the ceiling" what does it mean? I don't understand the context on the song.

Dramatica
16 hours ago, OneC said:

Hi guys! I need help :giveup: Spanish is my first lenguage, so I have a doubt about the lyrics of A-YO.

I don't understand the line "Mirror on the ceiling" what does it mean? I don't understand the context on the song.

It's a song for haters, and I guess more her older fans who turned to haters (like.... wait for it.... Pigrez 747QfWr.gif).

Blow it in your face
I can't wait to rev you up faster than you can say Ferrari
Watch you unravel
Get off on me, my body has got you pleading
You can try to hate it, you can try to fake it, but baby I laced it

As for "Mirror on the ceiling" line, I'm almost sure it means that she is satisfied and pleased with who she is, her image and her body that she wouldn't mind having a mirror on the ceiling, so she could be the first thing she sees when she wakes up and the last thing before she sleeps. Especially that she says (near the end) "I got a mirror on the ceiling". And also given that she references her body right before that line (my body's got you pleading, light me up and breathe in).

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

I have no idea what this song is about but I freaking love it. It's so catchy.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Oriane

I just don't like the melody, and it's not really growing on me. I still listen to it and it's interesting in live performances but it's lacking something. 

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

PerfectGypsy
7 minutes ago, Oriane23 said:

I just don't like the melody, and it's not really growing on me. I still listen to it and it's interesting in live performances but it's lacking something. 

Yeah, that's how I feel. I enjoy it but it isn't a "wow" for me.

a-yo, a-yo we smokin em all actually sounds like eh eh eh eh eh stop telephonin me

now I get what they meant by throwing in a TFM hook here and there

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Dramatica

All the A-YO fans rejoice for Gaga's next single :excited2:

All the haters can fĂŒck off.

SLA-YO, SLA-YO, WE'RE FÜCKIN 'EM ALL

giphy.gif

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

I feel sad for Gaga because she believed in this song so much and it is a great song.

Hope it's the third single tbh, and smashes. I'm ready for a 21-esque era.

Battle 4 Ur Life

Y'all bashing this song so hard need qtips desperately.

it's the bop of the record.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

President Trump

This song will not smash. It's too controversial

the lyrics are:

get off on me

my body's got you pleading

knock me up and breed me

mirror on the ceiling.

so I think it was a good idea to change singles. 

Ma ma pa pa pa

I love this song, but its such a disappointment that the audio version doesn't include Hillary Lindsey singing backup for the chorus. Thats how it was performed for the Dive Bar tour. Its much better that way imo.

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived