-Michael Jackson

Fix it for yah:whitney:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
12 hours ago, AlexanderLevi2 said:

Your voice is an instrument though :toofunny:

Not as far as I'm concerned, and I love to sing. I'm a big believer in the theory that only an inanimate object has the potential to be an instrument. A voice is an internal thing that's part of a living being, therefore, a completely different thing. It takes real talent to learn how to play an instrument (a talent I don't possess) because controlling something that's not part of your body is difficult. Outside your body = unpredictable. But controlling something that comes from within you is so much easier as it's part of you. Singing is nowhere close to playing an instrument. Singing is effortless if you're a good singer. Playing an instrument requires effort. You can teach yourself to play an instrument if you really try, but no matter how hard some people try, they will never be able to make themselves sing. Singing is a natural talent that not everyone has and so much of it comes from the luck of being blessed with a good voice. Playing an instrument is a talent you can learn with hard work. You could come from nothing instrumentally and become the best instrument player in the world with hard work, but you couldn't come from nothing vocally to becoming the best singer in the world, no matter how hard you try.

I know that lots of people, especially music afficianados, would disagree with me, but it's just the way I feel. I just like to keep it real and when I hear about the voice being an instrument, I just think it all sounds a bit pretentious and arty farty, which is two things I hate.

Archived