❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
opinion

Entertainers VS Artists

Quark

Featured Posts

KingRedd
1 minute ago, notamember said:

But that doesn't matter. She sings better than Taylor Swift, which is in the Artist category, which is where Taylor belongs because she isn't really the best entertainer, but she writes and co-produces all of her music and is in charge of her concepts, videos, and material. Madonna belongs in both because she has those qualities that Taylor has, and she is a great entertainer. 

Beyonce is undeniably incredible at everything she does, but she isn't the "total package," because she doesn't come up with the music, the concepts, the videos, the Choreography, really anything. She can sing the music, do the Choreography and everything to PERFECTION, but she has an amazing team that does most of that for her, and that makes her the ULTIMATE Entertainer (total package in the entertainment category).

That is the way I look at it anyway. I'm not bashing her, because I love her. 

It's ok lol i like Madonna.  I just don't see her being in both because she doesn't have a live voice. Beyoncé has a lot of say in what she does. To say that she doesn't do anything but sing shows you haven't done much research on her or her career. She's actually quite bossy when it comes to her work. 

May I Read You? 😎

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I forgot about him but I would also put him on the artists category. And yes, only pop stars. Many here wouldn't care to discuss non pop stars :giggle:

Going for the mainstream, I see. :tongue:

I'll do my little list with pop stars/artist/singers, then. Tell me if you agree, I think yours is spot on.

Artist:

Alicia Keys

Lorde

Leona Lewis

Sam Smith

Lana del Rey

Entertainer:

Miley Cyrus

The Weeknd

Both:

Grimes

Fka Twigs?

Frank Ocean (he's kinda pop, no?)

I tried, but I don't know many pop stars/artis/singers. I think you can move some of them to a different category depending on their "eras", so I don't know, this is hard.

notamember
Just now, KingRedd said:

It's ok lol i like Madonna.  I just don't see her being in both because she doesn't have a live voice. Beyoncé has a lot of say in what she does. To say that she doesn't do anything but sing shows you haven't done much research on her or her career. She's actually quite bossy when it comes to her work. 

Being an artist has absolutely nothing to do with someone's voice. That's why I mentioned Taylor Swift. 

Well I have done my research actually haha, but thanks. I never said "she doesn't do anything but sing shows." She serves in EVERY sense that an entertainer should, she is undeniably the best entertainer of our generation. She can be bossy all she wants and I'm not denying that, but she doesn't actually write the material, compose the music or produce it, or come up with video concepts, even though she gets the credits for it by being bossy. Therefore, in my opinion, she isn't an Artist. Does she have more say in her work than someone like Britney Spears? Yes. I'm not here to argue about that though. I love and support her. Just accept that we have opposing opinions. 

3 minutes ago, Cerny said:

Going for the mainstream, I see. :tongue:

I'll do my little list with pop stars/artist/singers, then. Tell me if you agree, I think yours is spot on.

Artist:

Alicia Keys

Lorde

Leona Lewis

Sam Smith

Lana del Rey

Entertainer:

Miley Cyrus

The Weeknd

Both:

Grimes

Fka Twigs?

Frank Ocean (he's kinda pop, no?)

I tried, but I don't know many pop stars/artis/singers. I think you can move some of them to a different category depending on their "eras", so I don't know, this is hard.

Yes I agree with all of them except maybe The Weekend. He mainly uses his voice and lyrics to entertain people rather than a big show or spectacle. Plus he produces most of his music

KingRedd
12 minutes ago, notamember said:

Being an artist has absolutely nothing to do with someone's voice. That's why I mentioned Taylor Swift. 

Well I have done my research actually haha, but thanks. I never said "she doesn't do anything but sing shows." She serves in EVERY sense that an entertainer should, she is undeniably the best entertainer of our generation. She can be bossy all she wants and I'm not denying that, but she doesn't actually write the material, compose the music or produce it, or come up with video concepts, even though she gets the credits for it by being bossy. Therefore, in my opinion, she isn't an Artist. Does she have more say in her work than someone like Britney Spears? Yes. I'm not here to argue about that though. I love and support her. Just accept that we have opposing opinions. 

I read the first Sentence and gave up. I'm warming up Pizza Hut wings lmal this isn't an argument... ha but ok. 

May I Read You? 😎

I'm no belieber but I feel like justin could be placed in both. he got his start through singing on youtube, he's definitely talented and can play instruments and write songs. 

also madonna I'd put in both

Fiona Apple

Lmao Madonna is a better songwriter and a more important artist than everyone on the list. Vocals have nothing to do with someone being an artist or not. (Even though Madonna used to have a pretty decent voice)

RadioIsOurs

Artists should be only those who are creative and have a VISION. They write their own stuff. Even if you have a pretty voice that doesn't guarantee that you an 'artist'. It's like calling a skilled painter whose paintbrush isn't very good less of an 'artist' than an art student who is given good paintbrush. Doesn't make sense.

RadioIsOurs
2 hours ago, Enigma said:

Plus in general, a musical artists have always been seen as a musicians with great talents in singing and in playing instruments.

I never see it that way. So what if I can play guitar really well? How does that make me more of an artist? 

2 hours ago, KingRedd said:

But Madonna cannot sing.... so She can sit still look pretty on that list. Beyoncé is more of a total package than Madge.

omg you're so wrong

and madonna plays guitar too. electric and acoustic. something gaga can't do. madonna is also good at the piano and the violin and the drums

why do people put MJ above M for artistry? madonna sings live a lot more than MJ (which seems to be the rule you're using) and madonna also makes a whole new show every time she goes on tour whereas MJ is more like beyonce in that he repeats himself a lot

i just cant with the IGNORANCE about madonna and how people minimise her. 

have MJ or beyonce ever done a concert for an hour where they just sit down and play guitar and sing the songs THEY WROTE? madonna has. she's a singer songwriter

KingRedd
5 hours ago, Lola said:

omg you're so wrong

and madonna plays guitar too. electric and acoustic. something gaga can't do. madonna is also good at the piano and the violin and the drums

why do people put MJ above M for artistry? madonna sings live a lot more than MJ (which seems to be the rule you're using) and madonna also makes a whole new show every time she goes on tour whereas MJ is more like beyonce in that he repeats himself a lot

i just cant with the IGNORANCE about madonna and how people minimise her. 

have MJ or beyonce ever done a concert for an hour where they just sit down and play guitar and sing the songs THEY WROTE? madonna has. she's a singer songwriter

1. Madonna cannot play the guitar. She strums the guitar on stage. Why are you putting down Gaga randomly? Lol never brought her up but if we are talking about Gaga,  she will destroy Madonna on a piano. 

2. I said she cannot sing.  I didn't add in live. Watch her BB prince tribute and you will see she cannot sing. She's average but compared to Beyoncé she is not good.  

3. When did I minimize her? You're reading too far into making this a thing lol. I said I like Madonna, never said she was bad. She's just more of an entertainer than an artist. She's more remembered for her performances more than anything else.

May I Read You? 😎

Archived