💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne is what Gaga always wanted to be

The Surrealist

Featured Posts

The Surrealist

Gaga started playing gigs in the Bitter End.

If you know Gaga well, you might have noticed that her very own songs (only Germanotta as credit, i.e. Red and Blue, Speechless, Just Another Day, You and I) all have the same feeling and vibe to them, even some songs which credit One more writers had a Stefani vibe to it (i.e. Edge Of Glory, Born This Way).

No crazy clothes, everything is stripped down to the core, to the music.

If you don't think Joanne is what Gaga is, always has been and wanted to be, then you don't listened to what she said and wanted to say with her music all these years. It's okay to not like her new music, but nobody can deny that this is what Gaga is.

She should have been what she wanted to be instead of being money making machine and fame hungry. It's not realistic at all for a big star like Lady Gaga to have small pub performances. 

But anyways, I like the new material we got yesterday! First time I'm looking forward for Joanne to be released.

KinneyUnderYou
6 minutes ago, Sycamore said:

Gaga started playing gigs in the Bitter End.

If you know Gaga well, you might have noticed that her very own songs (only Germanotta as credit, i.e. Red and Blue, Speechless, Just Another Day, You and I) all have the same feeling and vibe to them, even some songs which credit One more writers had a Stefani vibe to it (i.e. Edge Of Glory, Born This Way).

No crazy clothes, everything is stripped down to the core, to the music.

If you don't think Joanne is what Gaga is, always has been and wanted to be, then you don't listened to what she said and wanted to say with her music all these years. It's okay to not like her new music, but nobody can deny that this is what Gaga is.

giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif

x10000000000000000

darkchylde
Just now, zexion_armando said:

Doubt it. ARTPOP seems more authentic despite being a huge mess 

sis, no. i love ARTPOP and its prob my fav album but it was a costume to channel a very certain pain, not the most true of gaga's albums.

Helxig

I think that she's actually always done what she wanted to do, and been who she wanted to be, at the time. She's just now at a point where she burned herself out on being a living art piece and major celebrity, and she's returned back to the place she started; when music was fun for her and not about corporations and figures. She's gone in a circle :P  and she's still being who she wants to be.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

StarstruckIllusion

If y'all really felt Gaga was fake, why Stan? 🙄

Bloody Matt

After following her for so many years, to me it was clear that we would get an album like this. And it's here! It's a strange feeling. 

EllieSioux

i feel like we have this discussion every era with every new vibe that gaga gives us :laughga:

tbh she's every icon. gaga is both the local dive bar rockstar and the magnificent over the top bowie-esque performance artist. our girl can do it all and that's why we love her.

Spoiler

that said, i hope she gives us CrazyGa back soon :sweat:

zexion_armando
2 minutes ago, VenusOddity said:

sis, no. i love ARTPOP and its prob my fav album but it was a costume to channel a very certain pain, not the most true of gaga's albums.

Given how little we've seen of this country twang in all of her work (You and I mainly), a rock album would make more sense if that's who she wanted to be.

at beat I expect Joanne to be a phase and forgotten completely in a year 

The Surrealist
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

I think that she's actually always done what she wanted to do, and been who she wanted to be, at the time. She's just now at a point where she burned herself out on being a living art piece and major celebrity, and she's returned back to the place she started; when music was fun for her and not about corporations and figures. She's gone in a circle :P  and she's still being who she wants to be.

Yeah, I don't deny that, but she always was kinda insecure to show the Stefani side to everybody and everybody was expecting her to be a 'bop-machine', but she lives for music not trendy music. 

I mean she could have done a whole album with bops with RedOne, but it wouldn't be true to what she was.

darkchylde
Just now, zexion_armando said:

Given how little we've seen of this country twang in all of her work (You and I mainly), a rock album would make more sense if that's who she wanted to be.

at beat I expect Joanne to be a phase and forgotten completely in a year 

? literally only ayo sounds "countryish" on the live version sis what you talking about?

you can have your own delusional expectations if you want

The Surrealist
Just now, EllieSioux said:

i feel like we have this discussion every era with every new vibe that gaga gives us :laughga:

tbh she's every icon. gaga is both the local dive bar rockstar and the magnificent over the top bowie-esque performance artist. our girl can do it all and that's why we love her.

Reveal hidden contents

that said, i hope she gives us CrazyGa back soon :sweat:

Yeah, I think that, too, but for once she doesn't have to be only one thing in the public.

I'm pretty sure she will give us some slightly crazy looks back, tho. She showed us some glimpses with her outfits this week.

EllieSioux
Just now, Sycamore said:

Yeah, I think that, too, but for once she doesn't have to be only one thing in the public.

I'm pretty sure she will give us some slightly crazy looks back, tho. She showed us some glimpses with her outfits this week.

yaaassss im ready for it :gaycat:

Archived