Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Please respect country music

ReidOne

Featured Posts

juicyjuicy

I don't understand the disdain and hate towards country music. I, personally, LOVE it. The only Asian guy at the Boots & Hearts music festival. lol.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Katsuki Bakugo
Spoiler
9 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I know we all came here for the dance pop bops, but please do not speak disrespectfully toward the genre of country music. I am born and raised in the midwest US and country music is part of my roots. I adore it. Personally, I'm thrilled to hear Gaga explore her abilities in this style, as it is one of America's oldest art forms. It's a beautiful genre of music, when executed well. 

Just because it's not your own personal taste does not make it inferior. Please be respectful when you speak about it. 

You cannot deny the brilliance of the country greats! 

You don't have to like it- but respect the hard work and dedication that goes into it to make it!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

I love Carrie Underwood, Shania Twain, Lady Antebellum and Taylor swifts old music 

I'm from Alabama btw so it's kinda natural for me to like it lol

ReidOne
8 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I know we've discussed this here before, but I still can't get over just how similar this song is to 'Born This Way'

Fancy: 

We didn't have money for food or rent
To say the least we were hard pressed
Then Mama spent every last penny we had
To buy me a dancin' dress

Mama washed and combed and curled my hair
And she painted my eyes and lips
then I stepped into a satin dancin' dress
that had a split on the side clean up to my hip
It was red velvet trim and it fit me good
Standin' back from the lookin' glass
There stood a woman where a half gown kid had stood

She said here's your one chance Fancy don't let me down
Here's your one chance Fancy don't let me down

Born This Way: 

My mama told me when I was young
We are all born superstars
She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on
In the glass of her boudoir

There's nothin' wrong with lovin' who you are
She said, 'cause He made you perfect, babe
So hold your head up,
girl and you'll go far
Listen to me when I say

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

The opening verse + chorus of both songs are about essentially the exact same thing... the mother dressing up her child to look glamorous and telling her to be PROUD of who she is, no matter what anyone else thinks of her.

I'm shook. :diane:

BONUS ANALYSIS: Reba's "Fancy" is about the mom turning out the daughter to become a high class hooker. And the track that follows "Born This Way" on the album is "Government Hooker."  I mean ---- wow. SHOOK. :diane:

And Gaga also made a country version of BTW. :diane:

artRaver

I was just about to complain and say why didn't you add Johnny Cash, but I seen Ring of Fire. :giveup:

On topic: I like old country like the ones you listed above and Charley Pride, but the new bro-country.. I can't get into. It's funny when ever people assume I hate country just because I'm black but my grandparents are from Waco, Texas so of course I grew up on nothing but gospel, country, soul/funk and some jazz.  :poot:

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

FGGrayson

No thank u, country is probably one of my least genres, pressedT :madge: 

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

ReidOne
Just now, artRaver said:

On topic: I like old country like the ones you listed above and Charley Pride

I almost included Charlie Pride in my clips!! He was my grandma's #1 favorite. 

Edonis

I agree that most do this fan base doesn't know the roots of country that make it such a rich history piece of music. Dolly and Johnny will forever be iconic. However, I don't think Joanne is going to be even slightly country IMO. A small amount of grass root influence for sure, but not country. Even the producers mentioned how the album isn't really country, Just some influence associated with it. 

FGGrayson

yall americans can keep it, not here for country :excuseu:

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

FATCAT
18 minutes ago, ReidOne said:

I know we all came here for the dance pop bops, but please do not speak disrespectfully toward the genre of country music. I am born and raised in the midwest US and country music is part of my roots. I adore it. Personally, I'm thrilled to hear Gaga explore her abilities in this style, as it is one of America's oldest art forms. It's a beautiful genre of music, when executed well. 

Just because it's not your own personal taste does not make it inferior. Please be respectful when you speak about it. 

You cannot deny the brilliance of the country greats! 

I think your use of the genre and others are differnet. If you say "Oh, I love pop music" No one is going to assume you're talking about the 70's and 80's pop hits. New-age country, or basiclly the **** variation of country, has ruined the word, so when people say "I don't like country" they aren't talking about the music in the OP, or even some great decades past work:

Purr more, hiss less.

I ****ing love the OP for posting Fancy. That song SLAYS.

SHANIA TWAIN.

also:

Trisha Yearwood

vince gill

Emmylou Harris

Faith Hill

Martina

Alan Jackson 

/endthread

ReidOne
5 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

I think your use of the genre and others are differnet. If you say "Oh, I love pop music" No one is going to assume you're talking about the 70's and 80's pop hits. New-age country, or basiclly the **** variation of country, has ruined the word, so when people say "I don't like country" they aren't talking about the music in the OP, or even some great decades past work:

Fair point!!

Archived