💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Inside the making of Lady Gaga’s ‘Joanne’ (EW megazine)

spanishmonster

Featured Posts

DeanWinchester
1 minute ago, Chic said:

Little Rocksters are SHOOKtTT

Not really. I listen to a lot of genres. I switch from Gaga, Madonna, Rihanna, Beyonce and Taylor Swift to Kansas, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC on whim, so whichever Gaga serves works for me. I'd die if she has at least one actual rock song on Joanne though :music:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a lovely and insightful article :wub:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

1 minute ago, A Gaga Lad said:

Not really. I listen to a lot of genres. I switch from Gaga, Madonna, Rihanna, Beyonce and Taylor Swift to Kansas, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC on whim, so whichever Gaga serves works for me. I'd die if she has at least one actual rock song on Joanne though :music:

You aren't a Little Rockster if you aren't tired of her pop side and want an exclusively rock side

DeanWinchester
Just now, Chic said:

You aren't a Little Rockster if you aren't tired of her pop side and want an exclusively rock side

:huh: I wasn't aware you knew more about my own personal preferences. I just meant my expectations don't dictate whether I think an album/song is good or not, unlike the Little Popsters who expect a BR 3.0 and claim anything other than that is an absolute objective flop bad song :poot:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

2 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

:huh: I wasn't aware you knew more about my own personal preferences. I just meant my expectations don't dictate whether I think an album/song is good or not, unlike the Little Popsters who expect a BR 3.0 and claim anything other than that is an absolute objective flop bad song :poot:

I'm saying my comment doesn't apply to you because you aren't obsessively fixated on Gaga leaving the pop scene and becoming a total rocker, you like a wide variety of genres and just want the album to be good

DeanWinchester
Just now, Chic said:

I'm saying my comment doesn't apply to you because you aren't obsessively fixated on Gaga leaving the pop scene and becoming a total rocker, you like a wide variety of genres and just want the album to be good

alright then :diane:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

yASSsss

Such an insightful interview. I'm a bit emotional  :giveup:

my favorite parts-

-“Whatever your preconceived notions are, the minute you meet her and see the piano or the guitar and see how real or legit she is, everyone is like, ‘Oh, f—, I want to give her the best song I’ve ever written,’Ronson says.:giveup:

-Some of my favorite songs I’ve ever written came out in the first week,” says Ronson, who executive produced the set. “It’s amazing, because you play three chords for her and all of a sudden she starts spouting off the most gorgeous melodies and catchy hooks you’ve ever heard.”:giveup:

-“She had [the typewriter] in L.A. and she also had it in the studio in New York,” Lindsey says. “I don’t know if she’s got two or if it travels, but I absolutely loved that.”:giveup:

-Food was never in short supply, either. “She’d be late to the studio and send me a text like, ‘I’m so sorry, I’m just marinating the chicken!’” Ronson recalls. “Most of my memories [of making Joanne] are non-musical and warm of fuzzy, just her over the oven, dressed like a ‘50s girl from the ‘Leader of the Pack’ video, preparing breaded chicken. She took care of everybody.” That meant doing all the dishes as well: “I was like, ‘You know you don’t really have to do that.’” :giveup:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

darkchylde
22 minutes ago, spanishmonster said:

But while the song embraces guitars and left-field production, fans of Gaga’s early songwriting should still find plenty to love on Joanne too. “It’s not by any means a rock record,” says Ronson. “She loves her fans and all those people who supported her from the beginning. For her, it’s not about, ‘F— them, I’m done with that, I want to do this now.’ In the studio, she’s always like, ‘Maybe we put that little Fame Monster hook in there.’ There’s definitely a lot of that in there.”

she treats y'all better than you deserve

This article has me SHOOK. YAAAAAS STEF. 

Can already hear the screams of fans who are demanding choreo...Ariana Grande is right over there. Stef is a MUSICIAN. 

Honestly, truly, iconic.

This article made me emotional, too... I'll never meet her 'cause I'm here in my shitty country. She'll never buy me pizza as for her fan, I'll never get to know her amazing personality face to face. Fuсk, I wanna be her friend :giveup:

At least there's Joanne :toofunny: Sorry

mdr

yASSsss

Gaga has worked with Lana Del Rey's producer on LG5 too..He co produced Born To Die

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Monster2015

Idk I feel like she had more creative control then than now. Like there's a million people on this record and idk how to feel 

Archived