Gaga Monster

Featured Posts

LePetitGAGABLover
Just now, Hola Soraya said:

Pardon my ignorance but what's a WBT? :emma: 

We belong together. Mimi's most iconic hit imo:lana:

display name
11 minutes ago, WORLDofGAGA said:

Did they say there weren't any hits or the music wasn't great, cause I've only heard good things about it 🙂

I thought there were at least a couple of people who said that "Perfect Illusion" was the most radio-friendly track on the album. That's not a bad thing to me.

LePetitGAGABLover
Just now, Vamp said:

I thought there were at least a couple of people who said that "Perfect Illusion" was the most radio-friendly track on the album. That's not a bad thing to me.

This is a good thing. Almost all of the BTW album was not radio friendly and its one of the best albums Ive ever heard

16 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

She is potentially doing the Super Bowl, she did so many radio interviews, and she is going on Graham Norton. I think she still wants success.

I guess her need for success isn't so black and white as it's often described. I feel like if she wanted the song to succeed she'd have put a lot more effort into promoting it in the early days of it's release. But that doesn't mean she (or her management) want it to do terrible either, and what we are seeing is her doing a lot more relaxed promo.

10 minutes ago, androiduser said:

but even if she is not interested in chart success, it makes no sense to release such a weak song as the lead, if she's interested in being a better artist.

That's just a matter of opinion of the song. Some love it and some hate it, but ultimately what we think is irrelevant. Gaga and her team liked it enough to decide that was going to be the lead single.  I don't know if that makes her a better artist, but it does show integrity. 

PMKKARDASHiAN
8 minutes ago, Hola Soraya said:

Pardon my ignorance but what's a WBT? :emma: 

We belong together. The song that single handedly brought Mariah back from the dead

A Yo for secon single please, from what I've read it's got potential, and somehow I feel it could be a hit :giveup:

Omg I need to hear it so bad :giveup:

The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes

Gaga Medicine
10 minutes ago, Vamp said:

Isn't it a little subjective? I mean there were people saying Sexxx Dreams was radio-friendly after the Swine Fest when it is clearly not (even Gaga said that she wanted SD to be the first single of AP) just to give an example. I can't trust anyone when it comes to how a song sounds like tbh :laughga:

androiduser
18 minutes ago, Bear said:

That's just a matter of opinion of the song. Some love it and some hate it, but ultimately what we think is irrelevant. Gaga and her team liked it enough to decide that was going to be the lead single.  I don't know if that makes her a better artist, but it does show integrity. 

well, true, but then you could say that about any song and any artist and and movie, book etc... nothing would ever be great or amazing or terrible. I think people can't really say that PI is a great song, so now we are clutching at straws saying that opinions are irrelevant and so on.

display name
8 minutes ago, Gaga Medicine said:

Isn't it a little subjective? I mean there were people saying Sexxx Dreams was radio-friendly after the Swine Fest when it is clearly not (even Gaga said that she wanted SD to be the first single of AP) just to give an example. I can't trust anyone when it comes to how a song sounds like tbh :laughga:

It's totally subjective. Unfortunately because I haven't heard the album myself, others' words are all I can really bring to the thread. Being skeptical of what they have to say is best. Discussion'll be much better on here once we've all formed our own opinions of Joanne.

18 minutes ago, RocketNumber8 said:

A Yo for secon single please, from what I've read it's got potential, and somehow I feel it could be a hit :giveup:

Omg I need to hear it so bad :giveup:

I also put all my faith in that song

I could always be wrong, but I'm not expecting any hits. That doesn't mean the music will be bad -- there's a lot of hits out there that I think are total crap. On the contrary I think the album will get decent reviews.

7 minutes ago, androiduser said:

well, true, but then you could say that about any song and any artist and and movie, book etc... nothing would ever be great or amazing or terrible. I think people can't really say that PI is a great song, so now we are clutching at straws saying that opinions are irrelevant and so on.

Absolutely right. You can have a general consensus that share the same views that something is amazing or terrible, but you can never objectively conclude it. 

Plenty of people have said that PI is a great song, including critics- just as there are people who don't like it. The general consensus seem quite happy, and my point is you're claiming that it's a weak lead single as if it's a fact when it's a lot more subjective than that. She's not less of an artist because not everyone likes her song. 

2ndTimeAround

What I don't get is that if she is going for the whole "I'm just going to release an album that I want, I don't care about charts I just want to show an authentic side" 

Which is great I'm here for it....

But surely the label is putting SOME pressure on her to be somewhat commercially successful on the level of her peers, because she has been at the top, you would imagine they would have to both make sensible compromises for it to benefit both parties? I just can't imagine interscope being like 'k we will do whatever you like'? And just risking a lot on something so different 

I just feel like it's all a perfect illusion and some great singles and promo are coming. 

It's still gonna be music not the bling but it has to be good music .... 

Would love for this to be a Theory #1 Mimi situation, but I'm just here for the ride. Whatever happens, happens, and if I like the music I'm gonna enjoy it like I always have

Archived