💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Are you ready to stan UnpopularGa?

ReidOne

Featured Posts

Smarticle

Were a lot of people still stanning after her switch from ARTPOP to C2C era anyways :madge:

Justice for Grigio Girls!!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReidOne
Just now, Smarticle said:

Were a lot of people still stanning after her switch from ARTPOP to C2C era anyways :madge:

I've been "Gaga's biggest fan" in my real life since 2008, and everyone who knows me would tell you that they've never seen me stan harder than the ARTPOP/C2C era. 

That's what has me worried the most. 

It's not about GP or commercial appeal. It's about what sparks my own artistic interests. I'm just really worried I'm not going to connect with her for this project. 

I'm really excited for Joanne, I expect it to be a pretty significant departure from her old work but that's cool. Super excited for who she is collaborating with. I think PI is a cute song, and I know there will be album cuts that I enjoy far more.

Don't care or expect Joanne to do well, but I mean Father John Misty, Beck, Florence, Kevin Parker and Ronson?? I could never, ever, have dreamed for a collaboration list like that. Really excited to see what they come up with and expecting them to go a little further musically than they did with PI.

Iwontell

I've been doing it since 2013...
I'm just really hoping she manages to evolve with the next album, cuz "unpopular" means nothing to me, but artistic stagnation really turns me off...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Letmelivemylife

I'll always stand by her until the day I die because she's always stood by me. I'll always love her even if I don't particularly like something she's doing. Personally, I'm excited for Joanne. I've loved watching her evolve from her "hairbow" days to the woman she's become today. She'll always be my #1. After all, she took me in and loved me as if I was her own flesh and blood

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

IDC if people will talk about her, if they do then good, and if they don't, not the end of the world, I'll still buy her albums and attend her shows, not for anyone else but for my own joy.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Robo Ga

I actively avoid country music and I was very much concerned when I heard that rumour about the album. I was also disappointed that she wouldn't have any dance/synth pop. However I know I'm here for Gaga until the end. I survived ARTPOP, which in many ways was a let down for me, even though I appreciate many aspects of it, so I'll survive whatever Joanne throws at me.

I have hope because Gaga's ballads have always been my absolute favourite, and "Jeff" mentioned that her vocal style isn't all "dope" and it's more soothing, which I think I'll like. I think I'm most looking forward to the Beck collaboration. Perfect Illusion is a good song, but if I'm being honest, I'm not sure if I would like it if it wasn't Gaga singing it.

What I'm missing, and truly craving, is the SPECTACLE of Gaga. The showmanship. That star factor that made her into an icon. It's like that spark she had that made me know she was on the level of Michael Jackson; larger than life. I want her to be hungry for success, and I fear that she may have become complacent with it.  I know she still HAS it in her, but I can't see it right now so far this era.

🤖⚡️

ReidOne
26 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Which Jeff review? 

And to answer your question, yes I will. She's had way too much of a profound impact on my life and music. Plus I genuinely like PI and probably Joanne.

14 minutes ago, Akbar Yunadi said:

Jeff WHO? :nails:

display name

Honestly, I feel like I understand her better than ever. I'm so excited for the new album, and I'll certainly continue to stan.

Reality

Why does it matter if she's popular or not? How is her success affecting you in any way, shape, or form? Of course I'll stan her, if anyone's going to unstan just because this era wouldn't be as successful as her previous ones, then they weren't true fans in the first place.

She's definitely bigger than this era and she's doing this not to be popular (remember, she did say that she isn't going to go radio-friendly for this era/album), but instead just be her "father's daughter, mother's daughter, sister's sister, etc. etc.". She's just going to let it all out and I'm happy for her. 

She's a true artist and individual at heart, and if someone's just going to leave because she might not become the biggest artist in the world again, then let them leave. 

🃏🖤👹

ReidOne
3 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

I actively avoid country music and I was very much concerned when I heard that rumour about the album. I was also disappointed that she wouldn't have any dance/synth pop. However I know I'm here for Gaga until the end. I survived ARTPOP, which in many ways was a let down for me, even though I appreciate many aspects of it, so I'll survive whatever Joanne throws at me.

I have hope because Gaga's ballads have always been my absolute favourite, and "Jeff" mentioned that her vocal style isn't all "dope" and it's more soothing, which I think I'll like. I think I'm most looking forward to the Beck collaboration. Perfect Illusion is a good song, but if I'm being honest, I'm not sure if I would like it if it wasn't Gaga singing it.

What I'm missing, and truly craving, is the SPECTACLE of Gaga. The showmanship. That star factor that made her into an icon. It's like that spark she had that made me know she was on the level of Michael Jackson; larger than life. I want her to be hungry for success, and I fear that she may have become complacent with it.  I know she still HAS it in her, but I can't see it right now so far this era.

I don't agree with every specific thing you said (I LIVE for ARTPOP), but I feel the spirit of your message. We are on the same page. :hug:

Just now, ReidOne said:

Okay I just read this entire thing and it actually got me even more excited for the album :giveup:

I don't get how that turned you off? Because of the lack of inspirations based off of other pop tracks? Or because you didn't connect with the examples they gave you? 

Plus this is a fan describing this once again. Sounds are subjective so it's probably best to wait until the album is released. 

ReidOne
6 minutes ago, JEWRJEWR said:

Who cares if she isn't as popular? I'm here for the music, not a #1 song.

Honestly, I 100% agree. The title of this post is misleading. Stanning despite unpopularity is not really the question here... it's whether we can continue to stan this woman as one of the great artists of our time, even if the current output leaves us feeling cold. 

I couldn't honestly give a f-ck about Gaga and charts, tbh. 

So I feel you :hug:

Archived