Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Professing my love for ARTPOP

YeehawKylie

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
8 minutes ago, BurqaSwg said:

ARTPOP IS SOOOO GOOD :giveup:

I'm glad there's a small group of us who are truly slayed by the masterpiece.

Glittertinks

I actually love ARTPOP, it's not my favorite (BTW fangirl here :laughga:) but ARTPOP was amazing music wise! I will always and forever blast ARTPOP.

FrankGutz

hey yall, you guys are not alone, we the ARTPOP lovers are here:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

1 hour ago, koonsisme said:

Let me preface that Lady Gaga became a phenomena my senior year of high school and freshman year of college. I always enjoyed her singles and her theatrics. My friends and I saw the iconic Paparazzi performance in our dorm and it was all people could seem to talk about. Then came Bad Romance...

I never listened to The Fame and only heard The Fame Monster when it was played in my friends car or parties. By the time that's Born this Way came around I found Gaga to be too much. She seemed to try to one-up herself. The title track was too preachy for me. (The album remains my least favorite of her discography).

Oddly enough, ARTPOP is what made me a fan of Lady Gaga. I had no anticipation initially, but I love everything about the album and era, the mess that it was. Applause is, in my opinion, her best lead single. I love the video and it's visuals. The album cover is iconic. It's the first thing I think of when I think of Gaga. 

It is the one Gaga album I can listen to start to finish (even if Jewels n' Drugz is hard to get through). Each song is so unique. They are able to stand alone but also work so well on the album. I think Gaga actually did fully realize the ARTPOP concept and it also created her best title track. 

I will always love ARTPOP and I hate how it's viewed as her low point, as I honestly believe it to be her best work. Several factors played into its "underperforming", if you can call it that. But, in the end it's the album I associate with the most and can listen to endlessly. I only wish she at least released Volume II as an EP a la Carly Rae's Side B. 

ARTPOP can be a more successful album if...no mess, no separation of Gaga and Troy. These are the main factors. There are few good songs worthy of top ten, oh well ....

Battle 4 Ur Life

YAS stan for the album of the millennium.

I love ARTPOP as well. her best produced bops undeniably.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

i loved the late 2012 ARTPOP concept. Mary Jane Holland, Cake Like Lady Gaga, the Kendrick collab, the Azealia collab. i felt it urban and raw like the Mary Jane Holland demo.

when Aura leaked i was slayed conceptually, sonically and vocally. one of my fav Gaga tracks tbh. but then the Swinefest happenned and i didn't feel like MANiCURE had the 2012 concept and since then the ARTPOP era began its confusion. she overproduced the songs in the last minute, changed Aura, changed Dope (i liked that tho). you could feel how Troy was ****ing everything up and messing with Gaga's plans.

then the Artrave made ARTPOP special, because she knew everything was kind of messed up, so she went fully into the ARTPOP is an album for personal healing and it felt really great at last, at least.

Archived