💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

AHS: Roanoke, Chapter 2 discussion

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Just now, Logan said:

To be fair this episode was extra jumpy, more so than any other season of AHS. 

I think I might be able to go back and watch other seasons if they're more just grotesque and dark as opposed to full of jump scares and adequate horror pacing. I think that's how I managed to watch all of Hotel, which was a first for me as a trek into horror. I've considered watching other seasons of AHS if they're in the same vein. But I have friends that tried to get me to watch, say, the Cabin in the Woods, and I couldn't :smh: 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, calmar said:

I think I might be able to go back and watch other seasons if they're more just grotesque and dark as opposed to full of jump scares and adequate horror pacing. I think that's how I managed to watch all of Hotel, which was a first for me as a trek into horror. I've considered watching other seasons of AHS if they're in the same vein. But I have friends that tried to get me to watch, say, the Cabin in the Woods, and I couldn't :smh: 

Yeah all the other seasons of AHS relied on creepy factor, it was never about super bad anxiety over a jump scare. The only massive jump scare I can think of off the top of my head is the Piggy Man in Season 1. 

Stephen
17 minutes ago, calmar said:

Coven is the least scary imo, and its one of my faves. Try that one - but be warned the very first scene in episode 1 is pretty scary :air: after that its not as bad.

1 hour ago, Katie14 said:

Just pretend its real haha. What bothers me is how unrealistic it is that the characters are continuing to live in the house after all the scary **** thats been happening there. It literally makes no sense. I would have gotten the hell out of there after the 1st incident. 

Okay so I watched the first few minutes and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I think I can put up with the documentary thing lol

18 minutes ago, Logan said:

Yeah all the other seasons of AHS relied on creepy factor, it was never about super bad anxiety over a jump scare. The only massive jump scare I can think of off the top of my head is the Piggy Man in Season 1. 

I mean you're talking to someone who still covers their eyes for stuff whenever the music changes even slightly.

1 minute ago, Steve Nasty said:

Coven is the least scary imo, and its one of my faves. Try that one - but be warned the very first scene in episode 1 is pretty scary :air: after that its not as bad.

Good to know! I was thinking about Asylum, since I see it consistently lauded on the forum and, since I've read a lot of the summaries, I'll at least be aware of what's coming, which may help my poor, horror-phobic soul.  

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Stephen
Just now, calmar said:

I mean you're talking to someone who still covers their eyes for stuff whenever the music changes even slightly.

Good to know! I was thinking about Asylum, since I see it consistently lauded on the forum and, since I've read a lot of the summaries, I'll at least be aware of what's coming, which may help my poor, horror-phobic soul.  

Asylum is the scariest :air: I mean its debatable but it scared me the most. Although Roanoke is giving it a run for its money :duck: 

1 minute ago, Steve Nasty said:

Asylum is the scariest :air: I mean its debatable but it scared me the most. Although Roanoke is giving it a run for its money :duck: 

Welp, RIP me :diane: 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

PSYCHOSHTICK

I loved this episode, it was good. Much better than the first one. This season has potential to become just as scary as S1 and S2. I actually felt bad the episode was over.

My theory on Gaga:

I think she might be from the Croatoan tribe, trying to scare the colony and get them to do crazy stuff. She was whispering weird things too. Oh, and I. LOVED. THAT. LITTLE. EVIL. LAUGH. So good. Good job Gag's.

Evan Peters was in the credits this time, but I didn't saw him. Do you think he's part of the colony?

I'm still very angry that we don't have an intro for this season. Oh well.

MonsterOfficial
3 minutes ago, SLAYing said:

Guys. . Can you tell me how many scenes did Gaga had ?

literally 10 seconds

exorcise my mind

This episode was good! Dennis scenes had me at the edge of my seat and usually, I don't get so anxious considering I've seen much more "scary" movies than this :laughga:

Gaga's little cameo was cool! Anybody else notice her character talks and hisses in this raspy demonic type voice? You can faintly hear her a few times when she pops up on screen. I lived! :giveup: That evil little laugh she did when she put the pig head on that man was everything! 

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived