question

PI free-falling: Did you expect it?

President Trump

Featured Posts

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PabloPablo said:

Who cares about the 80s. Things are so different now. Look at Madonna - she hasn't had a hit for decades but still keeps going. We all love Gaga, but lets not overreact to 1 week.

Yes, but Madonna started seeing a lack of popularity on the charts 20+ years into her career. That's why now she could release an album of her farting and pooping and people would still go out to see next tour and they'd still book her to grace the cover of magazines. She's already established herself. 

Gaga is exactly at that critical Janet Jackson / Paula Abdul / Cindy Lauper stage of her career. If she doesn't keep up with her peers she's in danger of becoming one of those acts who are just remembered for that short period of time they were enormous. 

ItsTommyBitch

Yes tbh :sis: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

9 minutes ago, ulizos said:

And another thing, everyone's acting like her chart success doesn't matter. Well, have you guys ever heard of someone named Cyndi Lauper? Or Paula Abdul?  

That's what their fans said, BACK IN THE EIGHTIES. Is that really what we want for Gaga? For her to be a sidenote for the rest of her career. Maybe judge a show here and there. 

Cyndi Lauper just made history as the first woman to win a Tony award for Best Original Score. Lets hope that thirty years from now Gaga will still be collecting major awards for her music as Cyndi Lauper is now.

Well, tbh, I really love PI and came here to share some appreciation, and am shocked by all this negativity. Can we start a thread where there is no negative comments allowed? I'm starting to feel a bit depressed.

Delulu Rogers

I expected it not to do well as soon as i heard it. It sounds like a rough demo imo and most ppl who like the song say it grew on them etc etc but the gp won't listen to it 10+ times for it to grow on them. It doesn't help that she isn't promoting it and that the mv is coming almost 2 weeks after the release and is just a performance video. Then again i don't care about charts or sales but just wish gaga had a better plan and execution for this album after a 3 year break. 

RadioIsOurs

Fans got hyped. They all bought the single whether they like it or not. But GP didn't like it as much. They never bought it. PI falls faster than Medoner at the Brit Awards. End of story... Wasn't really shocked...

Just now, SKANK said:

Cyndi Lauper just made history as the first woman to win a Tony award for Best Original Score. Lets hope that thirty years from now Gaga will still be collecting major awards for her music as Cyndi Lauper is now.

I think Cyndi Lauper is wildly talented and I'm sure the industry will continue to recognize her talent because she deserves it. But she's a sidenote. She stopped being relevant a loooooooong time ago. 

I don't think any of us are here to see Gaga become less and less popular and eventually write scores for Broadway musicals.

Gaga is a STAR. THE GREATEST STAR IN THE LAST CENTURY. 

44 minutes ago, arthurhmangum said:

If I see one more ****ing thread about PI's success, I swear. 

tumblr_inline_oamyq7qvV61rmkg95_500.gif

go off then

it wasn't laaaahv

President Trump

I think something a lot of people don't realize is that there is virtually no way for it to climb back into the iTunes top 10, so her overall position will have to rely solely on AirPlay and stream... It's okay though, where it debuts might be its peak. But look at MATM from Britney, it flopped in the USA and Toxic went on to become a smash. any thing's possible! 

Ma ma pa pa pa

10 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

I expected it not to do well as soon as i heard it. It sounds like a rough demo imo and most ppl who like the song say it grew on them etc etc but the gp won't listen to it 10+ times for it to grow on them. It doesn't help that she isn't promoting it and that the mv is coming almost 2 weeks after the release and is just a performance video. Then again i don't care about charts or sales but just wish gaga had a better plan and execution for this album after a 3 year break. 

Thats the thing. Some fans just forced themselves to like the song, to give it the chance to grow on them (including me). However, I am pretty sure that other people not as much involved with her work, would do the same. Most of people I know here just gave it one chance and weren't really willing to hear the song again. 

She did lost her chance to impress people with a comeback smash hit after 3 years! 

There is nothing we can discuss about it. I am glad Lady Gaga seems to be happy with her work nowadays. But I get into such a bad vibe to wonder she might have never been completely satisfied and true with her previous works. They were so damn genial!

It is not her worst song and I see why it would make it to the track list, but not as a lead single. Specially after 3 years.

President Trump
3 minutes ago, eunino said:

Thats the thing. Some fans just forced themselves to like the song, to give it the chance to grow on them. However, I am pretty sure that other people not as much involved with her work, would never do the same. Most of people I know here just gave it one chance and weren't really willing to hear the song again. 

She did lost her chance to impress people with a comeback after 3 years. 

There is nothing we can discuss about it. I am glad Lady Gaga seems to be happy with her work nowadays. But I get into such a bad vibe to wonder she might have never been completely satisfied and true with her previous works. 

It is not her worst song and I see why it would make it to the track list, but not as a lead single. Specially after 3 years.

A lot of people see it as a "filler" track but it was brave of her to release that sort of a track as a lead! It shows artistic growth to release a song even when it doesn't become a hit, because it's a different sort of sound. It sure sounds different from every other song out there. It does not sound like a Mark Ronson production but that must mean he is also changing and evolving, and trying new things, and this is the production he came up with Gaga. 

You never know until you try!  It's not a bad song, either. At this point she should be looking at single number two options, and try and find places that would have her perform some of the new music. The microphone swing is pretty cool though!

Ma ma pa pa pa

DeanWinchester
14 minutes ago, ulizos said:

I think Cyndi Lauper is wildly talented and I'm sure the industry will continue to recognize her talent because she deserves it. But she's a sidenote. She stopped being relevant a loooooooong time ago. 

I don't think any of us are here to see Gaga become less and less popular and eventually write scores for Broadway musicals.

I conpletely agree that I don't want Gaga to become this generation's Cyndi Lauper in terms of GP relevance

BUT

the era hasnt even started and so many weak "monsters" are already jumping ship. Lord have mercy. Have some faith and patience! Instead do something about it--stream her. Make a blog about how you enjoyed it, request it on the radio, etc.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

13 minutes ago, ulizos said:

Okay Norma Desmond. lol

Gaga's popularity will inevitably fade. The best we can do is hope that in the face of her fading relevancy she has the balls to follow her creative passions, and not sell out in the hopes of remaining relevant.

Archived