Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

So what genre is PI?

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

It seems to me that many people are confused about PI's genre. Some people call it pop, others rock, others pop-rock, other rock-pop, ect. So I decided to check PI's wikipedia page and they have the song listed as disco-rock/pop. And I think that they nailed the genre. I say this because I checked the genre disco-rock and this is the most popular song in this genre:

To me PI, definitely has these kinds of 80s synth sounds and beats style. But PI also has a slight modern indie-electronic feel to it that also makes it a modern pop song. In other words Disco-rock/pop is definitely the genre of PI in my opinion. What do you think?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Synth Pop. 

“For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.” ― Jean Dubuffet

DeanWinchester
Just now, DominicB said:

Synth Pop. 

Not really. I mean Tears for Fears, Gary Newman, Depeche Mode are kind of removed a step away from PI

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

RadioIsOurs

It's very pop rock. It has the structure of a rock song. The disco elements might have came from the synths. But disco have usually very prominent basslines, something PI lacks, especially in the chorus. 

Dominic

Just a pop song. Loud vocals don't necessarily make it rock but there's definite influence. 

I wish PI was as good as Human League - Don't You Want Me Baby. Flawless iconic bop. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

How come no one's mentioning Psychedelic? It does sound really Psychedelic to me.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Archived