đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

'Perfect Illusion' makes history as one of most added radio songs

Americano

Featured Posts

I read on hitsdailydouble that the label had a lot to do with that. I've been tracking, just in my area of course, how often it's been played since and it's not good. :( Part of the article on hitsdailydouble mentions that once labels do this to radio, they sometimes respond by reducing the plays because they feel forced. I hope this isn't the case, but in the end I guess I don't really care. GP can go somewhere. I only care if I like it. :music:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Americano
4 minutes ago, PlasticHo said:

I read on hitsdailydouble that the label had a lot to do with that. I've been tracking, just in my area of course, how often it's been played since and it's not good. :( Part of the article on hitsdailydouble mentions that once labels do this to radio, they sometimes respond by reducing the plays because they feel forced. I hope this isn't the case, but in the end I guess I don't really care. GP can go somewhere. I only care if I like it. :music:

That was first day, radio adds now are completely different. It's expected to gain about 400 spins today alone with no label pressure.

1 minute ago, Americano said:

That was first day, radio adds now are completely different. It's expected to gain about 400 spins today alone with no label pressure.

Ahh, well good news then! My flop area needs to get back on track!

AnglerfishbraBENUS
26 minutes ago, Pierre said:

We can't say anything bad about promo or outfits this era, god bless pop music, god bless Bobby and god bless MTV. I hope it becomes a "sleeper hit", not sure if that's the term. 

I think it will be.  It's insanely addictive.

31 minutes ago, HaveAnOysterBBy said:

Yet I've been in the car listening to the radio all day and haven't heard it once 

giphy.gif

Sooo freaking true!

The day they played it every hour my radio made the announcement using GAGA saying "This is my new single" and then they played a FLO-Rida Song. Waited a whole freaking hour!!!

30 minutes ago, HaveAnOysterBBy said:

Yet I've been in the car listening to the radio all day and haven't heard it once 

giphy.gif

I keep checking all the local pop stations' recently played lists, and there's no sign of PI yet :/

However, some of the mix stations  went from playing her other hits in the dead of night to the mid afternoon. Maybe they're late to the "warming the listeners up for new Gaga" party?

47 minutes ago, HaveAnOysterBBy said:

giphy.gif

Yes, because the subjective experience of one person outweighs actual statistical data. :awkney:

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Emigrante

slay

Can someone explain me how does radio deal work for another countries in europe for instance? I mean do they even have some deals for radio? Or is it only a good will of countries to play the song? 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

nswain1110

The big pop radio station here in Denver hasn't played it at all today (95.7 The Party) - they did the first day and that was pretty much it... Adds don't always = plays/support, unfortunately. Anyway, time will tell if stations like mine will put it back into rotation. She had a pretty nice Pop update today, so hopefully those will continue ;-)

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

3 hours ago, nswain1110 said:

The big pop radio station here in Denver hasn't played it at all today (95.7 The Party) - they did the first day and that was pretty much it... Adds don't always = plays/support, unfortunately. Anyway, time will tell if stations like mine will put it back into rotation. She had a pretty nice Pop update today, so hopefully those will continue ;-)

More than pretty nice. On top 40 today PI had the highest spin gain, audience gain, and bullet and the highest jump in terms of overall ranking. 

It also had the highest gains in all categories on Hot AC radio. 

http://kworb.net/radio/

The song is getting fantastic radio support so far even though little downers seem to be convinced that no one is playing it.

DeanWinchester
8 minutes ago, Mama Ru said:

The song is getting fantastic radio support so far even though little downers seem to be convinced that no one is playing it.

I'm not a debbie downer but I honestly can't get local stations to play Gaga (I've been trying) and I swear they don't respond and I don't see her on the most recently played.

I'm not being negative for the sake of being negative.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

3 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

I'm not a debbie downer but I honestly can't get local stations to play Gaga (I've been trying) and I swear they don't respond and I don't see her on the most recently played.

I'm not being negative for the sake of being negative.

Aw, sorry if I insulted you or anyone else. :hug:

I guess what I was trying to get at is that sometimes what we experience personally doesn't necessarily correspond to larger trends. It could be that radio stations in your area aren't playing it yet but the numbers don't lie and they are very positive and encouraging so no need to worry.

Even smash hits have to build up their radio dominance over time after the initial hype dies down. Just because it's not being played much right now compared to already-established hits like Heathens, Send My Love, etc doesn't mean it's not doing well. What matters is whether it is gaining or losing spins and audience and right now it is gaining at a really impressive rate.

Archived