❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
opinion

This is pathetic and toxic

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

monsterdino
22 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

When I joined this site in 2012 I did so because I wanted to experience Gaga's career with like-minded people. During the ARTPOP wait it was crazy and hilarious (and even scary at times lmao), during ARTPOP came the negativity but somehow it was still bearable. C2C did well so there wasn't much of an issue. 2015-2016 had some negativity (as always) but you know, it was fine. 

The past 3 days on this site have been like nothing I've seen before. At times it seems like the negativity and obsession over achieving commercial success pushes out the excitement of new music. People who enjoy the song are leaving the site :smh:

Instead of people who don't like something leaving or simply riding along we've gotten so much unneeded negativity. 

I don't comprehend why super fans like us behave this way. There is no joy in being a fan on this site any longer it seems. I bet some of you worry more about chart performance and sales than her actual team :rip:

Of course we all want her to be successful but the desperation and obsession has become TOO MUCH. 

"Is it a hit?" "Will it flop?" "I hate PI" "She should've kept her old sound" "Will it debut at #1?" "Will it sell more than Meghan?" "It's flopping in the USA!" 

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Just enjoy the music and be happy. Good Lord. 

And yes this is another useless thread but maybe it will push down some of the other threads that are plaguing us at the moment :awkney:

PREACHHH!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
7 minutes ago, Mood Ring said:

Ew get over it. The sensible people already have. It was cool to bash the haters and praise PI the first day when it was released, its really petty and a straight up upvote farm now. :madge:

Oh, you're one of those, I see. 

It was unbearable here yesterday, which is why I made the thread. 

crisTEAne
Just now, PartySick said:

I wouldn't know, I wasn't really active here until the ARTPOP era was nearly over :spin:

good for you, then. :diane: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Whispering
1 hour ago, Born To Slay said:

Rise was still at number one at this point. If Rise was on the chart now, it'd be at number 2. PI has fallen to 4 last I checked. 

And yes, they might get to do that. But will they get the same budget for that stuff? Give an example of an artist who doesn't sell that well but still gets the money Gaga got in her prime from the label and live nation. 

The definition of "free-falling" is a difference between 2 and 4? Come on, now. 

The amount of money that artists get for tours is directly related to sponsors and ticket sales. Gaga will still be mounting a tour. You stated that she wouldn't be able to so and that was incorrect and what I was directly referring to. 

crisTEAne
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Maybe I'm just repressing my memory lmao. 

i wouldn't blame you. maybe i should do the same, tbh. the PI reception within this "fan"base is on another level, i agree. not in a good way. :nails: 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Torsoface

Some people care about charts, some don't

Some people like Ronson, some RedOne

Some people like PI, some don't

Let people have their opinions and don't start a fight when someone doesn't agree with you. Peace. 

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Oh, you're one of those, I see. 

Keep riding that high horse and being dramatic. The song is hated by literally 10 people on this site compared to the hunreds of others that love it. :madge:

it wasn't laaaahv

Morphine Prince
Just now, Mood Ring said:

Keep riding that high horse and being dramatic. The song is hated by literally 10 people on this site compared to the hunreds of others that love it. :madge:

I edited my post. I'm not being dramatic at all. I'm fine enjoying a new single. Just tired of the same **** tbh. 

Whispering
29 minutes ago, Zilla said:

I've been a mod for 6 years and this is the worst it's ever been. And that's with me saying I've seen some rough **** beforehand too. 

It's just really sad how people have no confidence and can't support her and levy all her success on PI. It takes a toll on the psyche

The mods set the tone for the forum. A handful of the usuals and especially a group of Newbies, posting multiple negative threads and comments shouldn't be allowed to run off the regulars and long time loyals (who are posting again). The people who have come back to talk about the new era are discouraged from all the negativity and are saying that they are going to leave or go back to minimal lurking. That should also be something that concerns the Administrator of this site. Less traffic is not a positive. 

1 hour ago, Whispering said:

The mods set the tone for the forum. A handful of the usuals and especially a group of Newbies, posting multiple negative threads and comments shouldn't be allowed to run off the regulars and long time loyals (who are posting again). The people who have come back to talk about the new era are discouraged from all the negativity and are saying that they are going to leave or go back to minimal lurking. That should also be something that concerns the Administrator of this site. Less traffic is not a positive. 

You have NO IDEA how hard we've been working behind the scenes. At least 40 reports a day and I've dealt at least 3 warnings so far today and my day isn't done here. We are human we are going as hard as we can :)

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Whispering
Just now, Zilla said:

You have NO IDEA how hard we've been working behind the scenes. At least 40 reports a day and I've dealt at least 3 warnings so far today and my day isn't done here. We are human we are going as hard as we can :)

You are correct, I do not know. I do appreciate you and the other mods working on this negativity. Differing opinions are normal and expected in any fanbase, but the constant negativity from the same people is tiring and discouraging for others here. Thank you for your time in trying to get to a better atmosphere for us! 

Born To Slay
2 hours ago, Whispering said:

The definition of "free-falling" is a difference between 2 and 4? Come on, now. 

The amount of money that artists get for tours is directly related to sponsors and ticket sales. Gaga will still be mounting a tour. You stated that she wouldn't be able to so and that was incorrect and what I was directly referring to. 

Okay yes, technically Gaga can tour. But she'll get less sponsors and ticket sales if album sales are bad. Meaning a lower budget. And plus look at Christina Aguilera, her label barely booked any slots for Lotus.

Archived