This is pathetic and toxic

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Hyoha said:

I agree with everything you said except this part. Unfortunately many fans won't enjoy PI because, well...they don't like it. That's on Gaga's tab. Not judging, just saying.

Well that wasn't directed at people that don't enjoy it. 

It's directed at those that are letting commercial performance ruin their experience. 

49 minutes ago, TheCountess said:

Honestly I don't know why I keep coming here. I wanted to share the excitement of the new era but I guess that's not gonna happen with all the negativity.

I don't even think I'm gonna stick around for the rest of the era, because I just know that people will just continue sh*tting on Gaga unless she gives them what they want, a radio-friendly hit that the GP will like. 

The negativity has gone too far this time, and I refuse to let this place ruin my experience of new Gaga music. 

Yeah me too. I'll be gone until the fair weather fans have all been weeded out. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

high heeled fem

I opened this worried you were leaving! Phew your not 

tbh I've had a blast the past few days being reunited with folk I haven't spoke to in 2 years!! So many old members have come back

GloZell Green

Ok but I don't understand. I've been tracking to song on a site that reports iTunes stats and it has sold 85k in thee days. Is that a flop

and also I feel the same. I kind of want to leave for a week to avoid it

Lady Gaga | Shakira

4 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

When I joined this site in 2012 I did so because I wanted to experience Gaga's career with like-minded people. During the ARTPOP wait it was crazy and hilarious (and even scary at times lmao), during ARTPOP came the negativity but somehow it was still bearable. C2C did well so there wasn't much of an issue. 2015-2016 had some negativity (as always) but you know, it was fine. 

The past 3 days on this site have been like nothing I've seen before. At times it seems like the negativity and obsession over achieving commercial success pushes out the excitement of new music. People who enjoy the song are leaving the site :smh:

Instead of people who don't like something leaving or simply riding along we've gotten so much unneeded negativity. 

I don't comprehend why super fans like us behave this way. There is no joy in being a fan on this site any longer it seems. I bet some of you worry more about chart performance and sales than her actual team :rip:

Of course we all want her to be successful but the desperation and obsession has become TOO MUCH. 

"Is it a hit?" "Will it flop?" "I hate PI" "She should've kept her old sound" "Will it debut at #1?" "Will it sell more than Meghan?" "It's flopping in the USA!" 

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Just enjoy the music and be happy. Good Lord. 

And yes this is another useless thread but maybe it will push down some of the other threads that are plaguing us at the moment :awkney:

Perfect opinion :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Born To Slay

We need to stop acting as if these numbers are nothing to be worried about. 91k for a first week is horrific. 

Now here's the thing, there's a lot riding on this. This is likely Gaga's last chance for a hit era. If this flops, Gaga is likely to lose big budget music videos, the ability to tour arenas and her commercial career will likely end like Xtina's. Unable to tour and getting no money for fun stuff like promo. 

So if fans are scared, let them be, we likely should be. And we better pray Gaga's team has something up there sleeves.

4 hours ago, ZombieAphrodite said:

I made a similar thread and I totally agree. If you want her old sound back, go listen to her old music and stop complaining. Guess what? I'm a Stan of fall out boy and their last album was meh. So guess what I did? I listened to their old music and now I'm waiting for new music like a mature person. Gasp! Shocking I know!

You hate AB/AP??? BLASPHEMY :giveup:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

lucastecala

Agreed. This website is made exhausting by those meltdownsters and chart experts who have Phd's in musical production and marketing and know more about it than Gaga (one of the biggest popstars in history) and her team of, well, experts. 

display name
4 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

Well that wasn't directed at people that don't enjoy it. 

It's directed at those that are letting commercial performance ruin their experience. 

This distinction is key.

It's okay to not feel the song, but those who are like, "Ugh. It might not top Meghan Trainor in sales. How embarrasing!" are problematic.

moonboywow
33 minutes ago, hellothing said:

You hate AB/AP??? BLASPHEMY

Lol it's an alright album. I prefer save rock and roll. The title track to ab/ap is brilliant though.

i just had to comment this. Fall out boy is my jam. But yeah. I'm goin back into hiding. This cult site is too psychotic rn

43 minutes ago, Born To Slay said:

We need to stop acting as if these numbers are nothing to be worried about. 91k for a first week is horrific. 

Now here's the thing, there's a lot riding on this. This is likely Gaga's last chance for a hit era. If this flops, Gaga is likely to lose big budget music videos, the ability to tour arenas and her commercial career will likely end like Xtina's. Unable to tour and getting no money for fun stuff like promo. 

So if fans are scared, let them be, we likely should be. And we better pray Gaga's team has something up there sleeves.

this tbh we are just being realistic and worry about her future career, cause things don't look good so far

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

I joined the site in March 2013.  That month I started two topics, one a video I produced, and the other a list of links to Gaga's interviews.  While those topics were well received, the general negativity of the site got to me and I DMed a mod that I was going to leave due to all the hate and negativity.  I was going to remove my topics, I was going to take my marbles and go home.  The mod convinced me that it was just a vocal few that were negative. So I am still here, but I do continue to get upset.  But since 2015 I no longer drag haters.  By everything she says and does, Gaga had finally hit me over the head with her message enough times that I finally got it.  Kindness, tolerance, and positivity are not just words to be discussed, they must be practiced at all times ... all times, even in the face of hate and negativity.  Gaga is not about words, she is about actions.   So I no longer lash out and insult people I feel may be haters and trolls. 

I will say this about the past two days.  Gaga lifts people up, she doesn't drag them down.  She believes that every person deserves love and kindness, and every person holds greatness within them.  I hope her fans will now lift her up.  She deserves that.  She deserves the chance that maybe her song will grow on the public.  She deserves time and support.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Stefani328
1 hour ago, AKB48 said:

this tbh we are just being realistic and worry about her future career, cause things don't look good so far

Yes, but making 50+ threads about the same thing and having meltdowns isn't going to change anything.  Fans can be realistic and worry about Gaga's career path in a mature way, but yeah that ain't happening. 

Archived