💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

PI - best first listen experience

Kermit the frog

Featured Posts

I really did like it upon first listen as well. I don't hate Applause either; I think both are good songs for their respective genres. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Kermit the frog
47 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Make sure you buy it, Kermit

JDiZj.jpg 

Not here for buying music when I pay for Spotify Premium, but thx. 

JDiZj.jpg

Kermit the frog
44 minutes ago, calmar said:

I really did like it upon first listen as well. I don't hate Applause either; I think both are good songs for their respective genres. 

What would you say is the genre of PI? It's rly hard to classify. 

9 minutes ago, Kermit the frog said:

What would you say is the genre of PI? It's rly hard to classify. 

I've heard it's disco-rock, which... I can hear influences of both in there, as well as normal pop. On Wikipedia, disco-rock (also called dance-rock) is defined as 

"1980s and 1990s music practiced by rock musicians, influenced by Philly soul, disco and funk, fusing those styles with rock and dance. Artists like The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Simple Minds, INXS, Eurythmics, Depeche Mode, The Clash, New Order and Devo belong... to this genre. Dance-rock embraces some experimental funk acts like A Certain Ratio, Gang of Four, and also musicians, for example Robert Palmer, Billy Idol and Hall & Oates. This kind of dance-rock influenced Garbage, No Doubt, Robbie Williams, Scissor Sisters, Young Love, Franz Ferdinand and The Killers."

I can definitely see that Gaga would at least take much influence and inspiration from the genre, if not write a few songs in the genre herself. Part of the difficulty with classification are the dark and grungy undertones to the song, which I think is more of a stylistic choice than something which would place it as partially yet another genre.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Archived