💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Are you sad that we're no longer in the time of the Pop girls

Saint Laurent

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent
Just now, Weasel said:

Who are you talking about because I only see people from Nickelodeon / Disney and I don't consider them as pop stars :nails:

I think Ariana could easily be bigger than she is and cement herself as a big pop star, but she's not able to because 'pop' isn't popular anymore.

She might be an ex Nickelodeon star, but she has some good music and of course has some good pipes.

Glamourpuss

I hope it's over. I want Gaga to change the industry so that it's about talent only. Pop girls and boys can disappear forever. 

Sizzily

Not really. Out of the pop girls, I only liked Gaga and a little Katy. But Gaga can do more than pop so its whatever.

One Banned Boi

GagasFilthyPop
11 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Who are you talking about because I only see people from Nickelodeon / Disney and I don't consider them as pop stars :nails:

Let's start with these "people from Nickelodeon / Disney" girls. Ariana Grande and Selena Gomez had just released her best and diverse album. Since you're ridiculing these Disney/Nickelodeon ex-acts, let's not forget Britney Spears who, less than a month ago, released a literal album full of danceable bops. There's nothing wrong with these ex-acts and they aren't any different than traditional artists, like Beyoncé and Gaga, except how they started their careers. Beyoncé's last album was one of the best songs of the year, along with Rihanna's ANTI. I don't know what your ears has been perceiving, but their music has been good, this year. :awkney:

"We could be caught, we're both convicted criminals of thought."

I guess your are right. After the Katy vs Gaga and ARTPOP underperforming people just lost interest.

Rihanna was years without an album and Anti was a new sound. Katy does bubble gum pop and can't hold the status quo for long. Gaga, on the other hand was massive, but the ARTPOP situation and the new career in jazz opened a big hole on the music scene. All of the girls where hit with something. Even Kesha had to stay low because of Dr. Luke. 

A new sound appeared. Pop reign faded and we now have to "work work work" or drive in closer's rover.

Sad.

But, they will rise again. It's just a cycle.

The only person that still thinks pop is relevant is Britney... trying to make a comeback without realizing she isn't in 2000. Her only and big mistake imo.

Still, I still expect PI do debut high if next week Gaga does promo on the US and releases the music video.

The debut was good after so many years away from the pop scene. Let's see how the video goes. 

It's sad but true, I miss 2009 so much that was THE best time to be a pop music fan tbh

ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ϟ†▽✰𝒿 ~

Archived