Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Are you sad that we're no longer in the time of the Pop girls

Saint Laurent

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent

This isn't just about Gaga btw.

I don't know about anyone else, but I miss the days were all the pop girls ruled the music industry, they were everywhere and they were unstoppable. Now the only one that seems to be able to do that is Adele and maybe Taylor.

I know Katy still does somewhat and Beyoncé still has lots of influence, but it's still just not the same.

I'd rather go back to the time where Katy Perry was constantly number 1 than deal with these 1/2 hit wonders who's careers you can't even follow because all they want is a smash hit and the royalties.

Do you miss the age of the Pop diva?

PMKKARDASHiAN

It rotates. 

Pop girls will be a dominate force in a few years or so. 

Pop girls, rappers, boy bands, guys. It's always been this rotation for top 40. 

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, Soneresc said:

time changes pop girl era is over like hiphop/rnb era

Yeah that's quite evident thanks it's what the whole thread is explaining :awkney:

I'm expressing my sadness because of it.

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, BurqaSwg said:

so who is in the spotlight these days? rappers? 

I think the 'who' is somewhat irrelevant in this day and age, the 'what' is the 'dance' music with the drops.

1 minute ago, Saint Laurent said:

Yeah that's quite evident thanks it's what the whole thread is explaining :awkney:

I'm expressing my sadness because of it.

and im saying no need to be sad cuz you can still listen what you like right? T_T

I just miss catchy music, period. It's not so much that pop music has left, it's that it's taken a whole different direction. I don't find 99% of it appeal. 

BurqaSwg
Just now, Saint Laurent said:

I think the 'who' is somewhat irrelevant in this day and age, the 'what' is the 'dance' music with the drops.

yeah, i can def see that 

GagasFilthyPop
1 minute ago, Weasel said:

I miss the times pop stars were able to deliver :nails:

What are you talking about? These pop girls this year delivered excellent albums this year that had a different sound from their last ones. If you're talking about the original pure bubblegum pop music they used to do, wait in the next few years for some new, fresh artists to arise.

"We could be caught, we're both convicted criminals of thought."

Those were the times. :diane:

Spoiler

tumblr_m8hi6mcWFm1qmup2to1_1280-1024x646

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

1 minute ago, GagasFilthyPop said:

What are you talking about? These pop girls this year delivered excellent albums this year that had a different sound from their last ones. If you're talking about the original pure bubblegum pop music they used to do, wait in the next few years for some new, fresh artists to arise.

Who are you talking about because I only see people from Nickelodeon / Disney and I don't consider them as pop stars :nails:

Archived