Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
review

PI Debate (Love it VS Dislike it)

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

EGOT2027

The overall sound is amazing. The verses are amazing. The bridge is amazing. However, I'm still disappointed in the chorus at this point, which is essential in a big pop song. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fede ARTPOP
48 minutes ago, edgy said:

It's okay. It's definitely catchy and I can see it growing on me, but I agree that it's basic.

Half of the songs off BTW was much more interesting compositionally.

49 minutes ago, LG said:

It's a grower, for sure

46 minutes ago, Gallus said:

Idk is not smash hit:classy::emma:

w7bB0Pb.gif

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Rocket Number 9

Love it. Her vocals are on point, not overproduced, and like people said, it's addicting. The real modern ecstasy :diane:

Galagala
48 minutes ago, A Gaga Lad said:

A definite grower. It was meh on first listen but I put my earphones on and kept getting better. A solid 9. I'm happy she stayed away from too much EDM

:music:

Yeah the earphone!!!!

Blackout19
23 minutes ago, juicyjuicy said:

I'm not a fan of Perfect Illusion. Sorry - I've been a huge supporter all throughout her career - even pushed for Jewels n' Drugs but this is a letdown.

I know I'll get a lot of flack for this, but I'll tell you why I feel this way. The song just feels way too claustrophobic and repetitive, lyrically, melodically and as a whole. Sure, it's a different type of sound from Gaga (and unexpected), and I LOVE different, but this is not lead single material. Could you imagine if Britney or Beyonce released something like this? People would be like wtf? I actually find myself cringing every time she sings "LOOOOVE". Ugh...and I hate that I do. And seriously - three amazing producers came up with this? I think maybe there were just too many cooks in the kitchen...

It may take some time for the song to grow on me, personally. People who love it and say it's the best thing Gaga has done may be shocked to see that it won't go to #1...I just really wouldn't get my hopes up. If it does well commercially, I'd honestly be surprised.

That's my opinion. Goodnight.

Applause. 

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Glamourpuss

I have mixed feelings about the song but I can tell its a grower. 

The positive points:-

It's catchy and doesn't completely deviate from her previous work which was what I was worried about. I can imagine the gp loving it and making it number 1. I can imagine it being performed live and it being epic. It's a more grown up sound which is what I expected from the ARTPOP era and I'm so glad we are getting it now. 

The negatives:-

She wrote this with 3 other people and it seems a bit too basic. The vocals seem louder than the music. Her voice has a weird accent to it like she's straining to keep that pitch. I'm on the second listen and loving it more and more but I wish it was longer.

The Fame Monster

I like the song. I was a bit surprised when I listened to it the first time but now I really like it. It didn't blow my mind like Applause did the first time I listened to it, but this song is definitely a grower. I agree that it may sound too repetitive but it hasn't bothered me (at least not yet).

With Perfect Illusion, I can clearly see what Gaga has been going through lately – I didn't know that her relationship with Taylor was THAT bad. I can feel her pain in the way she's singing. I love the way I can relate to this song. I wish I had had this song a year ago when I broke up with my boyfriend (it was definitely not love).

I would have wanted to hear more power in the production when Gaga's singing the last chorus. 

I will give PI 8.5/10. I hope Gaga will release more rock-inspired songs like this in the future. She's a rrock star by heart and has always been.

I hope you guys will like PI too! 

Find your freedom in the music

28 minutes ago, juicyjuicy said:

I'm not a fan of Perfect Illusion. Sorry - I've been a huge supporter all throughout her career - even pushed for Jewels n' Drugs but this is a letdown.

I know I'll get a lot of flack for this, but I'll tell you why I feel this way. The song just feels way too claustrophobic and repetitive, lyrically, melodically and as a whole. Sure, it's a different type of sound from Gaga (and unexpected), and I LOVE different, but this is not lead single material. Could you imagine if Britney or Beyonce released something like this? People would be like wtf? I actually find myself cringing every time she sings "LOOOOVE". Ugh...and I hate that I do. And seriously - three amazing producers came up with this? I think maybe there were just too many cooks in the kitchen...

It may take some time for the song to grow on me, personally. People who love it and say it's the best thing Gaga has done may be shocked to see that it won't go to #1...I just really wouldn't get my hopes up. If it does well commercially, I'd honestly be surprised.

Agree 100 on everything except pushing for jewels n drugs.

CaliLilMonster

Had anyone else released this song I wouldn't even gave it a full listen. I was so hyped for this song and thought about having friends come and over enjoy the premier. I'm so glad I didn't because I'm embarrassed that I was so excited for this and got embarrassed just listening to it with my mom. The best part of the song is the beginning and the drums/beat, my mom agrees. Everything else is just...disappointing and messy. This kind of "rock influence" is not what I was hoping for.

I just want to cry because it's not a song I want to listen to again and again or support in anyway.I'm trying though... I thought this was supposed to be a dance/rock anthem? I just don't know...

First listen I was like "I don't hate it, but I don't love it". I was doing something else so I didn't get to listen for another 20 mins or so, and the whole time i was humming the chorus. I listened again and fell in love. It's a really great song and I hope to hear more of this sound from the album.

I would agree with others who have said that the production does feel a little underwhelming when you consider the talent that has worked on it. But I think if we didn't know the producers, people would not be bringing this up and would just appreciate it for what it is.

I also agree that it is very repetitive and that is my only real critique - I wish there was a 'break', where things chilled out for a minute with some sort of spoken word section (maybe I'm thinking too Born This Way here). 

Overall I love it and would give it an 8.5/10

amazing songs with different layers. every time you hear it, you hear a totally different part you didn't hear the first time. It's so good. I feel so upset for people who can't enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.

Togekiss
29 minutes ago, juicyjuicy said:

Que.

K.

Ok.

kk

umm...

:flop:

bring on that pecan pie

Infinity Wave

I absolutely love it

The pitch, the flawless vocals, the instrumental, everything

I just wish the chorus was a little bit more catchy but the bridge is EPIC

AND I noticed a little noise in the end, when she sings for the last "you were so perfect" , there's a strange noise over the "rf" of "perfect" like she is spitting or so :laughga: does anybody hear it? do ya know what's that?

Colourful

7 minutes ago, juicyjuicy said:

yup, that's it.

you just need to be hard-to-contain-yourself-high to get immersed in the song. I guess that's what they were going for with lyrics like "high like amphetamine", "falling free in a modern ecstasy" etc. and the "disillusioned but not yet out of it" meaning as a whole. only, unlike Applause, it fails to give you the adrenaline high for free and makes you feel forced into someone else's trip.

if I had to use one word to describe the whole experience, it would be annoying lol I'm literally "like ...**** off..." every time I finish listening.

Archived